Remixvideo demo - how to install Audio Unit and VST.

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Remixvideo demo - how to install Audio Unit and VST.

Postby vanhaze2000 on 20 Feb 2017, 18:03

Dear all,

So i downloaded the demo of Remixvideo and installed it,
by dragging the application icon to my Application Folder.

I started Remixvideo.

- No message that Remixvideo runs in demo mode and how
many days left to run : Odd.... :eek:

- No message asking me if i want to install Audio Unit and VST : Odd :eek: ..

- Then i found the menu item "install as plugins (AU and VST).
So i clicked on that menu item : nothing happened.
I clicked a few times more : nothing happenend.

I then closed Remixvideo and looked into Components Folder and VST folder (on system level) : Remixvideo AU and VST were not installed. :redface:

I am on OSX 10.12.3
Macbook Retina 2015.

Any help highly appreciated !
Warm Regards.

EDIT: I just understood from the Q&A that i first have to buy Remixvideo and then AU and VST are available for install.

Ouch, i am not interested in demoing Remixvideo standalone, i wanted to demo it as a plugin in my DAW :cry:
vanhaze2000

Re: Remixvideo demo - doesn't install Audio Unit and VST.

Postby vanhaze2000 on 20 Feb 2017, 23:03

Bump ....please ..
vanhaze2000

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 21 Feb 2017, 17:37

Hi vanhaze,

Sorry if the process of installing Remixvideo as a VST/AU plugin is not clear, it will be improved in the next update.

In the meantime, I can help you install the plugin with the following steps below. The plugin is also available in the Demo version, so you will be able to test it :)

How to install Remixvideo as a plugin:

Open Remixvideo and click on Remixvideo's software menu that is located in the top bar of the screen.
Then select "Install as plugins".

Where are the plugins located once installed?

Remixvideo does not have the permission to install anything in the system folder because of Mac App Store regulations. Instead, it will be installed in the "User" folder that can be accessed as follows.

Drop down the "Go" menu and hold down the option key on your keyboard (alt key). "Library" will appear only while the key is pressed.

On Mac, Remixvideo plugins are stored under:
/Users/<username>/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins
The VST is in the VST subfolder and the AudioUnit plugin is in the Components folder.

Let us know if you have any questions regarding those installation steps. We can also look at the procedure to retrieve Remixvideo's plugin within a specific DAW (just let us know which one you are using).
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby daniel clark on 22 Feb 2017, 01:30

:idea: teammixvibes ,,might want to make this a tip/tut or topicof how too :neutral: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Re: Remixvideo demo - how to install Audio Unit and VST.

Postby michaelgwagner on 23 Feb 2017, 04:11

The Demo version is not installing anything. The User folder remains empty regardless of how often I click on the "install plugins" menu item. I'm on macOS Sierra.

Tried to contact support but did not get any response whatsoever. It's almost like you don't want to sell your software. :frown:
michaelgwagner

Postby vanhaze2000 on 27 Feb 2017, 12:41

Same problem here: AU and VST are NOT installed in their respective folders on "user level"

And sidenotes:

a) There should be at least a pop message after clicking the plugin install button, saying that the plugins are (succesfully) installed, or not.

b) 99.9 % of all my audio plugins are by default installed in their respective audioplugin folders on SYSTEM level, not USER level.
So very odd that remixvideo plugins can't be installed on SYSTEM level, due to Apple restriction.
Honestly, i have never heard of that and i find it hard to believe. :mrgreen:

I very hope to see an updated version of remixvideo, before i decide to buy it.

OSX 10.12.3
Macbook Retina 2015.
vanhaze2000

Postby RoJeC on 27 Feb 2017, 14:03

vanhaze2000 wrote:Same problem here: AU and VST are NOT installed in their respective folders on "user level"

And sidenotes:

a) There should be at least a pop message after clicking the plugin install button, saying that the plugins are (succesfully) installed, or not.

Makes sense.. However something is going wrong that apparently makes the app not follow the expected route in the app. So also errros are not in the loop.

b) 99.9 % of all my audio plugins are by default installed in their respective audioplugin folders on SYSTEM level, not USER level.
So very odd that remixvideo plugins can't be installed on SYSTEM level, due to Apple restriction.
Honestly, i have never heard of that and i find it hard to believe. :mrgreen:

There are more requirements to a system then to a user install. This is in every OS. Also requirements at System change more often and if enforced just quited. So User level offers more freedom in both short as long term.
I very hope to see an updated version of remixvideo, before i decide to buy it.

OSX 10.12.3
Macbook Retina 2015.

[/quote]
Likely a fix for the install will be there in the near future.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Community Support