Vfx Control definition and mapping files for Virtual DJ

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Vfx Control definition and mapping files for Virtual DJ

Postby sterput on 23 Feb 2017, 14:21

Is it possible to get the Vfx Control device MIDI
assignment chart for all buttons and leds?
As I would like to create my own mapping, I don't knwo where I could find all notes and channels used by leds, buttons, ....
Thanks
Last edited by sterput on 27 Feb 2017, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
sterput

Re: Vfx Control MIDI assignment chart for all buttons and le

Postby RoJeC on 23 Feb 2017, 14:34

If you're working with Cross, you can use the MIDI mapping feature that's build in.

If you still want to do it all by yourself, you best can make a copy of a Vfx mapping in Cross (use x2 button in the mapping section) and then you can edit the mapping file by hand.

But it might be smartest to first tell your issues as starting from scratch hardly ever is needed nor the fastest way to do it.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby sterput on 23 Feb 2017, 15:41

I'm new with Cross and I would like to keep the possibility to map the Vfx controller with my od VDJ.
2nd thing, I'm not working alone and the person who is working with prefer to use VDJ for the moment but expect to work with Cross when we will be more experienced with it.
Can you send me the full MIDI description for my controller with all leds, buttons, .... and notes and channels used ?
I have already configured all the basic functions but I would like to add leds because in the dark it is easier.
sterput

Postby RoJeC on 23 Feb 2017, 17:05

The controller uses the same channels etc in Cross as in VDJ, as long as you don't use Cross and VDJ at the same time.

So if you use the copy of the Cross Vfx mapping you can read most/all the info you need using a text editor.

C:\users\[username]\appdata\roaming\mixvibes\mapping (or something like this)
is the folder where the copy of a default mapping is stored.

Maybe some user has the info still, but the Vfx controller (and software) is a discontinued product. The Vfx archives have been removed some years later.

Due to the quality of the product the Vfx is still being sold by quite some shops over the world. Both new as refurbished. As the controller is 'Class Compliant' it works fine with even todays software/OS's.

Might not be the best news, but this is what I can help you with. If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask. Especially FigDJ has great skills in getting MIDI working where others give up.
In such case uploading the MIDI file you have as attachment to your post usually is the easiest way.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby sterput on 23 Feb 2017, 17:39

Mixvibes Vfx Control - mapping 1.xml
Thanks for your answer, I'm not at home and I don't have the last version of my mapping file but here is already this version. I will add my last version with browser buttons later.
As you will see, now I need to create a definition file to be able to play with buttons leds.
I will be happy if someone could help me to achieve this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sterput

Postby RoJeC on 23 Feb 2017, 23:26

Vfx Control (1)(Mixvibes).mappings

This is the MIDI file of Cross for the Vfx.

I've no experience in mapping for VDJ.. so don't know if your initial work can be used by VDJ or that it's merely a mind map.

What I've seen over time is that first mapping the functions is most important. Mapping the LEDs you do after this. This avoids complicating your map when still trying to get it to work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby daniel clark on 24 Feb 2017, 01:31

:eek: search the fourm ,,figdj did a extensive mapping for this controller to use with Cross ,, in it might be some help ful info ,,this was done a couple of years ago and any other info might be accuried from him ,, he is the resident MIDI monster ,, and might be able to help :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby FigDJ on 24 Feb 2017, 17:28

Vfx LEDs map.txt
Look at the document in this post for Vfx LED assignments.
FigDJ

Postby sterput on 24 Feb 2017, 17:53

Thanks a lot FigDJ, I think that it will be useful for me ;-)
Have a nice weekend, I will keep you informed on the evolution
sterput

Re: Vfx Control definition and mapping files for Virtual DJ

Postby sterput on 27 Feb 2017, 09:40

MixVibes Vfx Control V2.rar
Hi,

Here is the new version created this weekend.
I created a new definition file and mapping file with nearly all buttons, jogs, leds, ....
Next step, I will need some helps to create inputs in the definition and mapping file to use the leds for the smartloop length choice and the leds in the FX part.
I already configured the 3 jogs for the effect selection with 3 leds activated when slots 1/2/3 are activated in the FX part.

For those who will download and install my files, don't hesitate to give me your comments.

Have a nice day
sterput

Next

Return to Community Support