Denon MCX8000 Mapping

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Denon MCX8000 Mapping

Postby DJ Vintage on 18 Feb 2017, 11:20

Activated Soundwave wrote:FigDJ you mentioned about just doing a basic 4 deck control until you have access too the controller, I think that is Probably for the best as I also suggested, as we both know its just far too complex too do in the way we have been trying to communicate.

I'll gladly second the motion to have a working 2 or 4 deck version of the most important features, i.e. controls, jogs, FX, faders, EQ/Gain/Filter and pads as far as possible.

I would love nothing more than not having to move to Serato and as long as I have my SX I can still play out with Cross. But at some point I will have to get towards using the MCX as it is way to good and way too expensive to have sitting around -literally- collecting dust.

Kudos to everyone who, under the careful coaching of FigDJ, has contributed in some way, shape or form towards the goal of a working mapping for the king of the current controllers, imho.

Let's not jump to conclusions about who ment what and who is and isn't appreciative/actively involved or whatever. This is an international forum with many non-native speakers. Combined with the written word that is easily misunderstood it makes for a less than optimal platform. The best way I have found to survive a lifetime of forums is to not assume the worst, but always consider the best (exceptions do exist of course) intention of other posters. I'd rather not say something or be wrong saying something positive than starting or ending up in an unfriendly exchange that knows no winners and only breeds frustration.

Lots of respect to all and love of music for the masses!

Greetinx,
Chuck
DJ Vintage

Postby daniel clark on 18 Feb 2017, 15:38

:lol: kudo to all in this topic , DJ vintage put it proper ,, the written language leaves something to be desired in getting the true intent delivered , being a world wide forum and like interest individuals getting together to accomplish a task of this nature is note worthy. Soo that being said it can be done ,, have been following this topic and curious as to if any of the mixvibes staff aided or helped getting this accomplished , :neutral: as it would be in the best interest to help this along to completion :cool: this is a rhetorical :?: :?:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Activated Soundwave on 28 Feb 2017, 17:04

Any news on going back to this FigDJ I presume you are very busy ,
The 4 deck basic mapping should not be that difficult to sort, and some of us could do the tweaking their after you could finish the basics we started.

Or Mixvibes I know its a long shot at present with how busy you are also,
but I was hoping with this controller having the screens that are possible to map, that you could get hold of this controller as your show case controller to demonstrate what Cross can do, I know we have had some good controllers like the DDJX etc. but this MCX is a cut above hence why I and presuming others jumped on this thinking it was the logical choice for your attention, I know presumptions and I and again presuming others apologise for putting you on the spot, but it is the logical choice to focus on, their are so many other aspects that can also be mapped via the extra functions of the mods etc. to bringing Cross into the future with capability available via a single controller. Just my thoughts.

Thanks. :)
My mix page
http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

FAQ - http://mixvibes.com/faq/
Cross DJ user manual
http://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uplo ... manual.pdf

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

I do not use video at present so in my experience I only refer to mixing audio
Activated Soundwave

Postby djreff on 16 Mar 2017, 13:56

good day to all...

is the dev of the mapping at a halt????

thanks
DJ reff
PC intel PC intel i7 3770k cpu @3.50ghz 8 gig ram mix vibe cross- denon MCX 8000 controller, with more than 40000dance tracks
djreff

Postby FigDJ on 16 Mar 2017, 14:50

As far as Mixvibes is concerned I don't know if they ever even started with this controller.

As far as my own individual effort, yes it is halted. I find that over the internet the feedback that I get (not anyone fault) is not precise enough to continue. Best would be for someone local to MD to come over and then it can be done in a few hours. Or someone ship it to me.

In addition, since the last issue with Mixvibes, I don't find myself motivated to post any additional maps. Furthermore, and I could be wrong on this, I don't see indications from Mixvibes that they are moving forward with Cross development. If Mixvibes is not going to further develop Cross then there is no point in creating maps for new controllers.

The last controller that I mapped is the DDJ-SZ2, however there seems to be no interest in the forum for this controller.
FigDJ

Postby djreff on 17 Mar 2017, 14:20

FigDJ wrote:As far as Mixvibes is concerned I don't know if they ever even started with this controller.

As far as my own individual effort, yes it is halted. I find that over the internet the feedback that I get (not anyone fault) is not precise enough to continue. Best would be for someone local to MD to come over and then it can be done in a few hours. Or someone ship it to me.

In addition, since the last issue with Mixvibes, I don't find myself motivated to post any additional maps. Furthermore, and I could be wrong on this, I don't see indications from Mixvibes that they are moving forward with Cross development. If Mixvibes is not going to further develop Cross then there is no point in creating maps for new controllers.

The last controller that I mapped is the DDJ-SZ2, however there seems to be no interest in the forum for this controller.

so sad, one of the best controller not supported...

well i took the right choice.

thanks for your reply
DJ reff
PC intel PC intel i7 3770k cpu @3.50ghz 8 gig ram mix vibe cross- denon MCX 8000 controller, with more than 40000dance tracks
djreff

Postby RoJeC on 25 May 2017, 10:17

Could be something ging on we don't know about.
As MixVibes developed the first RecordBox versions for Pioneer there are direct links between staff.

So contact between the 2 wouldn't have to mean one will buy the other.
Would be nice if Cross becomes the Pioneer product of choice, providing v4 will shed the light.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby discopex on 25 May 2017, 14:51

CXW7G5-MAVCN-VMEEL-AXN27-FAXBM wrote:I was researching that commented that Cross will be bought by the brand Pioneer DJ since for its great apollo to the software development rekordbox false or true

I hope your nick name is not your actual Mixvibes licence... :eek:
Thinkpad X240, 8 Gb / 512Gb SSD
running Cross 3.4.3 64-bit
Allen & Heath K2, Pioneer DJM-450
discopex

Previous

Return to Mapping Midi