Cross feature suggestions - overall I couldn't be happier!

Suggest features and improvements

Re: Cross feature suggestions - overall I couldn't be happie

Postby RoJeC on 01 Feb 2017, 10:16

I think idorio means the commands of the controls in the mixer section do not work when in external mode.

This seems logical as if you use external the output has to go 'neutral' to the external mixer. So the controls are hidden. If you could still control by MIDI you will end up with the situation that you get sound output which is is modified by invisible controls.

Seems to me you haven't provided the reason why you would like to have this option. Cause this external mode is ment to be used when you use a mixer and in that case you want your mixer inputs to be 'standard'.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Activated Soundwave on 01 Feb 2017, 11:47

RoJeC wrote:I think idorio means the commands of the controls in the mixer section do not work when in external mode.

This seems logical as if you use external the output has to go 'neutral' to the external mixer. So the controls are hidden. If you could still control by MIDI you will end up with the situation that you get sound output which is is modified by invisible controls.

Seems to me you haven't provided the reason why you would like to have this option. Cause this external mode is ment to be used when you use a mixer and in that case you want your mixer inputs to be 'standard'.

Agreed with RoJeC we need more info on your full setup what you want to do in relation to your suggestion ?,

for example if I have my controller/mixer and it only has two outputs going out in stereo pairs L+R,
in which I would be sending threw my controller/mixer output 1/2 stereo going too output option 1 off 4 ( in one of the internal modes ) and the same for my controller/mixer 3/4 stereo which goes output option 2 of 4 also ( in one of the internal modes ) which still leaves me outputs 3 and 4 from 4 in total available in Cross.
So it he not confusing the fact that it maybe his audio hardware controller /mixer that does not have the extra outputs ?
meaning he has used all 4 of 4 stereo paired outputs ( in one of the internal modes ) which seems strange to need any more !
So his hardware device has more than 4 x 4 stereo paired outputs and he wants a 5th or more ? but is then throwing the external mode into the equation when really he maybe should be addressing his device/controller/mixer audio outputs or their in lack of ?

All this is presumption, I am just not understanding why he would want external and internal at the same time if that is indeed what you are all referring too ? or wanting to use external mode more like internal mode with its available MIDI, I just don't get this need

Please do explain ldorio ? confusing but interesting to here more about your ideas / equipment in more detail ? :)
My mix page
http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

FAQ - http://mixvibes.com/faq/
Cross DJ user manual
http://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uplo ... manual.pdf

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

I do not use video at present so in my experience I only refer to mixing audio
Activated Soundwave

Postby daniel clark on 01 Feb 2017, 12:02

:idea: rojec ,, that makes more sence ,,understood it different ,, need figs imput ,, in reference to useing u mixcontrol pro 1,2 to play time code ,, never tried it but my sermise/speculation is that the MIDI was still in comand in the fader section ,,and time code came thru the sc to be processed by the software ,, maybe i am wrong :?:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby ldorio on 01 Feb 2017, 13:19

Hey guys,

I didn't really talk about my setup, because I was convinced that nobody really cares :lol:

Anyhow, here's a long explanation, so maybe you might want to wait until you're on the toilet to read it :lol:

So, I use an old Ecler EVO5 mixer, which I have running in MIDI mode. This means that the mixing is all being done by Cross, with the mixer running solely as a controller.

Why have I done this, you ask? Well, because I need to take the output of Cross and send it through a virtual ASIO driver (ReaRoute) into REAPER. This allows me to set up a one-button mic macro, on the mixer, to mute the speakers when I talk on my condenser mic (I'm a radio DJ). The only way to do this was to somehow get the MASTER feed into REAPER and be able to toggle muting it internally without it necessarily being fed to the EVO5 master out. This is actually really important, it's a program I've spend 80 hours on, and it does a lot more than just this. I have versions of it that I've modified to run in my studio here in New York, also a version to run in my secondary studio, and one when I travel.

It works great, except for one small thing... The mixer channels have meters on each channel, which are not controllable through MIDI at all. You have to run a signal to that specific channel, then the individual meter will illuminate. In MIDI mode, however, the signal you route to individual channels will NOT come out of the mixer's audio outputs, not the MASTER, and not the PFL jacks.

So, what I'd like to do here is to be able to get both decks' individual outputs, and send them back to the EVO input channels, so that the meters show properly. It's a waste of bus bandwidth JUST for eye candy, I know, but that's the only thing that functions differently from using it in traditional mixer mode.

PS this is the reason I was asking for Rewire support as well, it would be a lot tidier than dealing with a virtual ASIO driver. Plus virtual ASIO drivers basically double your roundtrip latency.

I try not to make suggestions for features that are completely selfish, because it's not my intention to ask developers to waste their time on something that won't help anyone else... But, if I could have individual deck outputs in addition to master/cue outputs while using Cross' internal mixer, it would help me a lot. I don't know if it would ever make sense to anyone else, but perhaps there's a way I can get "under the hood" without much effort to make this happen?
ldorio

Postby daniel clark on 02 Feb 2017, 00:24

:idea: now that clears a lot ,, got wait for a good bathroom break to figure this one out ,,
simply you would like rewire to modify the existing audio routing to fit you needs ,, realy hasnt any thing to do with the MIDI control :cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby ldorio on 03 Feb 2017, 00:38

It has to do with both, actually.

Either way, I now have 7 licenses, so I'm going to sign up 7 more user accounts so that I can agree with all of my suggestions. :lol:
ldorio

Postby daniel clark on 03 Feb 2017, 03:31

:idea: you got a couple of listing ears ,,with info and inclination ,,soo why voice the same thing 7 times ,,
explain how it affects MIDI ,, :cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Activated Soundwave on 03 Feb 2017, 17:32

ldorio wrote:It has to do with both, actually.

Either way, I now have 7 licenses, so I'm going to sign up 7 more user accounts so that I can agree with all of my suggestions. :lol:

He is having a Joke with us daniel :lol:
My mix page

Cross DJ user manual

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

Activated Soundwave

Postby Activated Soundwave on 03 Feb 2017, 17:38

I more or less get you ldorio ,
Will add my thought later or tomorrow if I don't get time,
I have experimented in past with taking one audio channel out into a device/third party software in your case, and had to fetch it back to spare mixer channel for the overall combined levels coming back in.

what I will say is unless its one self doing this, trying to imagine could get tricky or confusing, but I will study your words some more :)

its great that you are doing such experimentations and if it works for you keep going, keep pushing.
My mix page

Cross DJ user manual

Activated Soundwave

Previous

Return to Suggestions