What do you want to chance or ad to Cross?

Suggest features and improvements

What do you want to chance or ad to Cross?

Postby Teo Mars on 15 Feb 2016, 19:23

There are some thing in Cross I'd like to see added or changed.

1 I would like to have control over the position of the decks and for example, be able to drag deck one below deck two.

2 I would like to make decks bigger and smaller or just make the beatgrid bigger.

3 I would like to have a timer in Cross that i can start it manually.

4 In the colum browser I would like to be able to adjust the bpm range manually.

5 And when possible i want the remove the mixer because i use a external one. It takes up space that i could use better for something else.

Do you have some things you want to add or chance then comment. And maybe we can convince Cross to implement them.
Teo Mars

Re: What do you want to chance or ad to Cross?

Postby RoJeC on 15 Feb 2016, 19:33

Moved your topic to the suggestions forum.
2. Will Menu > View > Beatmatcher do the job? This is a screen wide version of the beat grid.

3. Do you mean a timer that 'automatically' starts a track after a set time value?

4. You can set any value in the column browser, whereas the tab function in the deck is limited to the current set detection range in Preferences.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Teo Mars on 15 Feb 2016, 19:44

Some examples to make my point clear.
Cross2.jpg
Cross.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teo Mars

Postby Teo Mars on 15 Feb 2016, 19:53

RoJeC wrote:Moved your topic to the suggestions forum.
2. Will Menu > View > Beatmatcher do the job? This is a screen wide version of the beat grid.

3. Do you mean a timer that 'automatically' starts a track after a set time value?

4. You can set any value in the column browser, whereas the tab function in the deck is limited to the current set detection range in Preferences.

2. No i just want control over where my decks are placed. And the size of them.

3. Something like that would be great. But i prefer to start it manually. and again the size should be adjustable.

4. The bpm ranges are 10 bpm 110 t/m 120, 120 t/m 130. in my opinion there should be a manually adjustable bpm range. So i can set the range 120 t/m 121 for example. My music is bpm range is between 116 t/m 130 so when i select 120 t/m 130 i get thousands of tracks and lose my overview. I can do this all manually by making playlist but it is just a waste of my time to do such a simple thing by hand.

Number 3 & 4 should not be so hard to make possible. Number 2 is harder to achieve probably but make would Cross stand out compared to other DJ software's. If you can personalize it that sure would be a great selling point.
Teo Mars

Postby RoJeC on 15 Feb 2016, 22:20

Sorry, keep on asking questions, mostly to be sure to understand what you want and why. Especially the why isn't really there. Giving examples is helpful, but maybe the devteam has more options to take care of.

3. If 'my timer' isn't what you want, I don't understand what kind of timer you do want. If you want something like a "cook timer", alarm or such then I guess you can use any of the freeware around. I don't see a link with Cross for this.

4. It now seems to me your refer to the smartlists. Here you can edit/setup any range of BPM to select tracks. Right click on the smartlist and change the range (and rename to have the text match)

So 4 is easy as you can do it yourself, 3 may sound easy, but working with time objects is never easy, all can be done but Apple has proven it to not be that simple several times.... If movable decks are a benefit .. really would like to know what circumstance will make up for the disadvantage of losing 'fixed mouse positions'
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Teo Mars on 16 Feb 2016, 02:55

1 After rethinking it my first point was not really necessary.

2 I don't need the internal mixer and don't use it so i don't want to see it. So if this could be hidden and replaced for wider decks there is less wasted space and you get a better overview over your track. And when i want to use three decks i still have a fourth that i don't use shown up. I rather should see more of my collection then a deck i don't use. I only want yo see the mixer or decks that i actually use.

3 Why do i want a cook timer build in Cross? Because i want to focus me on Cross. I don't want to switch to another app or grab my phone because i then tend to lose my focus.

There is a clock in Cross but it is so small that i have to put my nose on my screen to read it. Making the clock size adjustable should also be a solution if you can choose between three sizes small, medium & big then you would at least be able to read the time. I always use Cross in full screen by the way. This are just minor things but for me at least nessercary.

4 I am referring to the colum browser. I find handy when searching for tracks or making playlist.
Cross 3.jpg

5 And a new point Decks above and below each other can show more detail and will give the user a better overvieuw at least in my opion. Not that i would be stuck whit this always but it i want to have the choise between different options.
Cross2.jpg
cross4jpg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teo Mars

Postby RoJeC on 17 Feb 2016, 15:05

Ok, I see your points (not meaning I think the same..)

Regarding the timer, which may be a larger clock.. Still don't get the circumstance you need this for. The font size of the clock isn't too small. And for start/stop of a set usually exact timing isn't that essential as (for start) most of time a cue is given... So there likely is a way of working you have that makes you depend on the clock...

The BPM option you mention (thanks for showing) to seems about the same result as using smartlists. In addition you can use the Smart Match feature so you also having matching Key.
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby Teo Mars on 18 Feb 2016, 18:59

Why do i need the clock? It comes regularly that i have to make a mix not longer then 30 minutes for example. When i have to play live i don't depend on it, but for mixing a shorter time it comes in handy.

Otherwise you have to guess how much time you have left and it makes it harder to tell the story that i wanted to tell in the short amount of time. For me the clock size is to small and i have good eyes so that's not the problem.
I am using a 15"laptop on 1920x1080 resolution so maybe you have a bigger screen or lower resolution that it looks big enough as you told (like that is a general fact). If you don't use it then it is easy to so its big enough. But if you have a limited time (short time) you want to know how long you have left. You seem to never come in the situation, but i do.
Teo Mars

Postby RoJeC on 18 Feb 2016, 21:59

Ok. Hadn't thought of that. Definitely makes sense for that purpose.
Ronald

RoJeC

Return to Suggestions