Mapping ID for the Reloop Beatpad ?

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Mapping ID for the Reloop Beatpad ?

Postby DJ Chloe on 10 Jan 2016, 00:07

Hello,

I am trying to de the mapping for the Reloop Beatpad (the first one, not the Beatpad 2), and I have a few question, and any help could be very appreciated :
- the controller mapping need an id field in the header (<id ID="xxxxxxxxxxx"/>), where xxxxxxxxx is a number with 9 or 10 digits. I suppose it is based on the USB Vendor and Product IDs, but I cannot do the link and figure out how to get this number. One simple way would be to build the mapping in the Windows version of Cross DJ , but I don't owe the PC version, I just have the Android Pro version. Any Clue ?
- As a last resort, do the mappings for Cross DJ Windows are compatible with mappings for Cross DJ Android ?

Thank you for the help you could provide on this. For everything else, I think I can sort out, this is not the first mapping I could develop for the Reloop Beatpad. :)
DJ Chloe

Re: Mapping ID for the Reloop Beatpad ?

Postby RoJeC on 10 Jan 2016, 00:26

User defined MIDI mapping for Android isn't supported.

The Android version isn't a 'copy' of the windows version, so mappings can't be exchanged just like that.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby DJ Chloe on 10 Jan 2016, 00:53

It is not because it is not a "copy" of the windows version that it does not reuse some same mechanisms in its code.

For your information, mappings in android are located in this folder :
sdcard0/Android/data/com.mixvibes.crossdjapp/files/Mappings

You don't haveto be root to access the mappings, they are public, (file extension ".mappings"), for U-MIXCONTROL 2/PRO/PRO2 , DDJ-SB and DDJ-WeGO

They are xml files and have exactly the same structure than for the windows and the Mac version.

Extract for the DDJ-WeGO :
Code: Select all
<controller kind="MIDI">
    <id ID="171393191"/>
    <properties Model="DDJ-WeGO" Manufacturer="Pioneer" Version="2.40" Publisher="MixVibes"
                PCDevice="Pioneer DDJ-WeGO" MacDevice="Pioneer DDJ-WeGO" HiRes="on"/>
    <icon Data="6404.IBkSG0fBZn.... //shortened by me//"/>
    <mappings>
      <input-mappings>
        <fourteenBitsMidiTable channel="1">

Everything tells us it is possible to build our own mappings for Cross DJ Android.

Of course, you won't be able to exchange the mappings between Android and Windows ! They are less functionnalities aavilable with the Android version. But impossible to do a mapping for android ? NO ! For sure !
Last edited by DJ Chloe on 10 Jan 2016, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.
DJ Chloe

Postby DJ Chloe on 10 Jan 2016, 01:07

I precise of course I bought the Android pro version and I don't share any files coming with it. We have to be respectfull of the work that was done on this wonderfull software.
DJ Chloe

Postby DJ Chloe on 10 Jan 2016, 01:34

I found the demo of Cross DJ for Windows, wich supports mappings. andI have exported the mapping of the UMIX-control in order to compare it with the Android version, and guess what....

They are EXACTLY the same except for the ID !!!

Wich means that if you have a working mapping for the windows version, it is 99,99% compatible with the Android version :D
DJ Chloe

Return to Android Discussion