Minimum requirements for Android tablet

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Minimum requirements for Android tablet

Postby qbratek on 28 Oct 2014, 11:31

I was using a full version of Cross DJ with LG L65 (Dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM, Android 4.4) without any issues, but a 4.3 inch display is not sufficient to provide a comfortable work.
So I decided to install this app on my Asus Memo Pad HD 7 M173X (Quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM, Android 4.2). Despite the fact that this tablet meets requirements listed in Google Play store, the Cross DJ is useless on this device.
Going to the details I am able to use all controls, but the delays in setting loops, cue points or using sampler are so big, that it is impossible to mix two songs correctly.
I am very disappointed, because I love this app. But now I am wondering where is the issue? Could it be related to the Android version (4.2 vs 4.4)?
I even could buy a new tablet, but I would like to now what are the minimum requirements, which will provide that I will be able to use Cross DJ. Do you have any ideas?
Thank you in advance for any help.
qbratek

Re: Minimum requirements for Android tablet

Postby Nordhal on 30 Oct 2014, 10:53

Hi,

What I see here is an issue in audio latency. When touching controls within our app, we are interacting directly to the audio, and update information.

If there is a huge latency, then you can experience issue, as it appears on your memopad.

And yes , Android 4.2 vs Android 4.4 can be a difference since Google tends to improve audio performance each new version of Android.

Can you send me a mail through support within the app? When doing so, we retrieve some information concerning your device, as well as the audio buffer size and sampling rate.

Thanks
Nordhal

Postby qbratek on 31 Oct 2014, 00:48

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and willingness to help.
I've just sent you the email directly from the app.

Regards
qbratek

Postby _-_ChRiS_-_ on 23 Nov 2015, 21:09

Hi there,

I think it's better to continue on this topic, sorry if I should have created a new one :redface:

qbratek, do you finally know what your problem was ?

i'm planning on buying a tablet in order to have a "mobile setup" with the UMCPro, and i'm therefore wondering which one to buy...

There are several tablets on the market, at every price, but that seem equal on the specs (ie Quad core and 1GB RAM).

Is there any tablet that is known to be crap, or one (or several) to be very good for the money ?

For example, looking at the cheapest ones, would the Archos 70 Platinum enough ?

As I have a PC already, i'd like to keep this below 150€

thanks for the answers !!

Off topic: It's been a long time I haven't come here, and I can't find an active section of the forum in French. Is the forum now only in English ?
_-_ChRiS_-_ (Chris Kazvon)

>Contrôleurs: U-Mix Control Pro 1 // Novation Dicers // AkaI LPD8

>Logiciels: Mixvibes Cross // Serato Scratch Live

>PC: Antique Acer 5920, Core 2Duo 2GHz / 2Go de RAM (et 5ms de latence en timecode !)
_-_ChRiS_-_

Postby RoJeC on 23 Nov 2015, 21:50

Make sure to have a device that has otg support. Else you can't connect your controller.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby _-_ChRiS_-_ on 23 Nov 2015, 22:09

Thank you for your quick answer :)

indeed, I shall check for the odg support :D

does it allow to connect both the controller and an external hard drive at the same time (maybe using a hub as there are usually only one USB port) ?

>PC: Antique Acer 5920, Core 2Duo 2GHz / 2Go de RAM (et 5ms de latence en timecode !)
_-_ChRiS_-_

Postby daniel clark on 24 Nov 2015, 00:36

:cool: otg support is very nessary to get the controller to connect ,, there is a you tube vid that shows how to connect the Pioneer unit ,,little bit more descriptive ,,pay attention to the details ,, love the app ,,but with out otg support on my tablet its just for house playing around :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby _-_ChRiS_-_ on 30 Nov 2015, 19:20

thank you for the answers :) :)

_-_ChRiS_-_

Return to Android Discussion