Display or not display the BPM

Suggest features and improvements

Display or not display the BPM

Postby djnogasi on 15 Jun 2014, 13:41

I need to have the option to display or not display the BPM on the decks.

I love MixVibes, are doing a great job, but I'd like this option because I like to play by ear and not noticing the BPM. Until today I put stickers to cover them, but in my concerts is not very professional to have the stickers on the computer screen, so I use Traktor.
Please, I would like to include this software is an update option.

Thank you, greetings.
Nogasi
djnogasi

Re: Display or not display the BPM

Postby djnogasi on 26 Jun 2014, 00:12

Maybe for version 3.3? ;)
djnogasi

Postby RoJeC on 26 Jun 2014, 09:58

meanwhile you may want to pimp your stickers to look more professional... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.mixvibes.com/sites/default/f ... 0Logos.zip
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby djnogasi on 30 Jun 2014, 10:47

Meanwhile I will continue using Traktor ;)
djnogasi

Postby djnogasi on 16 Oct 2014, 14:49

In each update pending if I have the option to hide the BPM
I hope you do it in an update, and you're doing a great job.
Greetings.
djnogasi

Postby gullum on 21 Oct 2014, 11:27

really you can't use Cross because it displays BPM :D how about just loading a song and mix without looking at the screen.

But I too would like some customization to what is displayed in deck wive like you can in traktor
Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Cross, Macbook Air 13" mid 2012 OS X Yosemite
https://www.Facebook.com/djgullum

gullum

Postby djdubc on 28 Oct 2014, 18:31

plus 1 :D
MacBook Pro 9,2 (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel core i5-3210M @ 2.5 GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Postby DJ Vintage on 29 Oct 2014, 12:22

Being able to hide BPM for controller only DJs, especially the ones just starting out and learning to beatmatch manually would be a great help (be sure to switch of the parallel waveform view too!).

As such, I'd support this option as a general wishlist item.

More broadly being able to determine what gets shown in your player window or not gets a definite +1 from me.

For the OP, while for practice I think it's a great idea if you can just switch of the BPM counter view, I don't really see the problem when they ARE available during a live gig.

Also, but I am relatively new to this business with only 37 years of experience - so I might be wrong here, when you know how to beatmatch manually (and practice regularly if you think it's not like riding a bike and your skills might falter quickly), there is not only no shame in using sync, it makes sense to do so. Using modern technology (not just in DJ-ing, but in most aspects of life) usually frees up time (and/or other resources) that can be used for creative purposes or to get more done in the same amount of time or ... <fill in the blanks>.

I started off with non-EDM vinyl on (not always the most professional) TTs. Often no pitch control for example. So no beatmatching whatsoever. Then come SL1200s. Now you could pitch up and down (somewhat). Beatmatching is suddenly an option, although a real b*tch on non-electronic tracks with "hand-drummed" beats. Still new opportunities and everyone embraced it. Then came professional DJ CD-players (contrary to popular belief these came from Denon, not Pioneer LOL). Suddenly there were BPM counters! And KEYLOCK! Yippie. Did we use them? Oh yes, you better believe it. It made the process of beatmatching so much easier. Why go back to counting beats with a stopwatch in your hand and writing the number on the sleeve of your vinyls, while the display told you quicker and more accurately what the BPM was? You never trusted that if the displayed BPMs were identical so were the actual speeds and you still needed to cue up the first downbeat and check your mix. But it saved time, because you started at least very close to where you needed to be. Next came sync options (even before controllers in early DJ software). Use it? Of course. And now we see all kinds of other stuff, track matching, key matching, energy levels, jogwheel-less controllers. And everyone should pick what he/she feels comfortable working with.

Just because I can drive a stick shift car, doesn't mean I can't drive an automatic to work and back every day. If I am ever in a position where I need to drive a stick (like when my car is in the shop or we were out and my friend was drinking so I get to drive his Corvette home :-) ), I can do so without problem or training. But I'll go back to automatic when I get my car back.

Depending on the kind of music you play, as little as 60-70% of your collection might not even be able/worthwhile to beatgrid correctly and therefor sync is not an option.

If you know how to manually, you do that and don't worry about it and move on.

I am guessing my point is to use modern options where available and possible and be sure to train yourself for those cases where automatic won't work and you can easily switch to manual.
Whatever information you have or have not in your player display really should not have an impact on that.

Just my two cents as usual.
DJ Vintage

Postby daniel clark on 29 Oct 2014, 19:51

:cool: doubling down on that two cents,, the basic talent of a DJ is too know his music ,, everthing else helps ,, yes started on ceramic cartige turntable ,, a basic bsr ,, mixer was just a Cross fader with no pre fade listening ,, had to know your music ,, :!: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby djnogasi on 31 Oct 2014, 10:27

I agree with you, the aid is necessary and will not rule out use at certain times.
So I do not want them removed, but that can be personalized.
djnogasi

Next

Return to Suggestions