Photos of Mixvibes users hardware... Post more...

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Photos of Mixvibes users hardware... Post more...

Postby capping on 08 Aug 2014, 13:24

in my last post, I meant "change my nuo3 by xone:db2" and not a xone:2d ... :rolleyes:

And in the manual, I don't find if I can use my turntables (with Cross DVS) by using the internal soundcard ?... :?:
capping

Postby discopex on 08 Aug 2014, 14:38

capping wrote:in my last post, I meant "change my nuo3 by xone:db2" and not a xone:2d ... :rolleyes:

And in the manual, I don't find if I can use my turntables (with Cross DVS) by using the internal soundcard ?... :?:

Pretty sure DB2 cannot do DVS on its own. But the new Xone 23C can (needs simple user modification, explained in the manual).
Thinkpad X240, 8 Gb / 512Gb SSD
running Cross 3.4.3 64-bit
Allen & Heath K2, Pioneer DJM-450
discopex

Postby capping on 08 Aug 2014, 15:07

discopex wrote:
capping wrote:in my last post, I meant "change my nuo3 by xone:db2" and not a xone:2d ... :rolleyes:

Pretty sure DB2 cannot do DVS on its own. But the new Xone 23C can (needs simple user modification, explained in the manual).

That's what I thought!
But I need at least three / four channels...
Thanks !
capping

Postby Minos Kritikos on 10 Aug 2014, 20:02

20140810_161215357_iOS.jpg

mixvibes triage :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Minos Kritikos

Postby benny_blanco_cross on 11 Aug 2014, 18:31

Hi every one,
i hate to appear like a lesson giver, but (to Minos Kritikos, the poster of the last picture), i find very unwise to put your laptop on top of a speaker. HDD & magnets (like the ones in the speakers) are not friends. The risk range from data loss to hdd death (over time). You should move your laptop away (reasonably) from your speakers...
Just sayin'...
Peace
benny_blanco_cross

Postby Minos Kritikos on 11 Aug 2014, 18:45

benny_blanco_cross wrote:Hi every one,
i hate to appear like a lesson giver, but (to Minos Kritikos, the poster of the last picture), i find very unwise to put your laptop on top of a speaker. HDD & magnets (like the ones in the speakers) are not friends. The risk range from data loss to hdd death (over time). You should move your laptop away (reasonably) from your speakers...
Just sayin'...
Peace

Hey man, that's a very interesting thought you've shared and I have to admit I did not think of that even though i was aware of the fact that strong magnetic forces can damage hard disk drives. After reading your post i did some quick research and found out that because solid state drives (such as the one in my macbook air pictured above) do not use magnetic methods as those used by hard disk drives, the presence of a magnetic field is not necessarily a problem for a SSD. The reason for the above setup is because of space constriction in my small flat and the setup works very well for me and I can safely say with a certain level of confidence that the relatively small magnets present in the speakers below the laptop will not damage the SSD in my laptop. if however something does go wrong, i can return to this post and say you were right and you can even tell me "i told you so" if you like :) However, if you do have a laptop with an HDD then your advise is very sound and wise. Cheers :)
Minos Kritikos

Postby daniel clark on 11 Aug 2014, 18:52

:cool: just curious as to is that pro or pro 2 ,, and the tablet/app ,,how and what are you controlling with it and the U-Mix ,, ,just a little bit more info ,,
and if its the pro2 ,have you seen used the revised mapping by figdj ,, :idea:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Minos Kritikos on 11 Aug 2014, 19:00

daniel clark wrote::cool: just curious as to is that pro or pro 2 ,, and the tablet/app ,,how and what are you controlling with it and the U-Mix ,, ,just a little bit more info ,,
and if its the pro2 ,have you seen used the revised mapping by figdj ,, :idea:

Hey Daniel, yes mate that is the control pro 2 and i use it with the iPad beautifully, gonna do a gig at the end of the month and i was planning on testing it live as i feel confident enough with it. The only thing i wish it did is charge the iPad so i don't have to worry about running out of juice (i.e like the Vestax spin, reloop beatpad) but i understand that's not possible with the current usb setup. Maybe the U-Mix Control Pro 3 will rectify this (hopefully) and if it does i'm a buyer because this is an excellent controller :)

I'm not sure as to what mapping i'm using, but for the iPad it's just plug and play with the pro 2 and for Cross on the mac it's just a modified map of the default pro 2 map provided in the MIDI settings. Hope that was a bit more helpful than my original post :)
Minos Kritikos

Postby daniel clark on 11 Aug 2014, 19:10

:cool: yes more info is better ,,
the modified mapping ,, you modified it and ,, is it to your liking/usability ,, just suggesting looking at figdj mapp ,, might help in making your more functional ,, not saying it isnt ,, just take a peek ,
as for U-Mix Control Pro 3 ,, like to see that also ,, :cool:

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=33432
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Minos Kritikos on 11 Aug 2014, 19:20

Hey buddy thanks for the link, i'll check it out :)

As for my own modification, I just replaced normal crossfader function with the headphone cue/mix function. Now alll the way to the left is cue and to the right is mix and everything in between. The reason for this was because i never use the crossfader when i mix, only the level faders and i find this way a lot easier to compare tracks in my headphones by quickly flicking the crossfader rather than the wee knob at the front.

:)
Minos Kritikos

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support