Feature Requests - Top 3

Suggest features and improvements

Feature Requests - Top 3

Postby BoldFaceType on 30 Jun 2014, 05:59

MixVibes staff & community,

I'd like to let MixVibes staff know in no uncertain terms what we as consumers really want. Version 3.2 is great with the SoundCloud integration! I'm really excited about it, but it just highlights what I really need/want and don't have in Cross. So here's the deal:

List 3 features you'd like to see by v3.8.0 in 200 words or less.
Be specific
Be brief
Try not to request redundancy.
Try to request features that would be useful to others.
Try to request innovative features.

I say v3.8 because I know MV has features in the pipeline as well as their own plans/ideas (3.2 + 3 MV updates + 3 consumer requests = v3.8). I say 200 words or less because we want MV to know what we want in "no uncertain terms".

So here are my Top 3 feature requests:

1) MIDI clock
2) VST host and/or client
3) Sequencer

I'd love to hear your ideas.

-BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro
- SP1 Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.40GHz,
- 8.00 GB (3.86 GB usable), 64-bit os

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR
Technics SL1200 MK2 (Shure M44-7)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013)
Apple iPhone 6
U-Mix Control Pro 2 (semi-retired)
BoldFaceType

Re: Feature Requests - Top 3

Postby dylanve on 30 Jun 2014, 08:51

MIDI clock would be number 1 for me too. There are so many good DVS compatible mixers on the market these days, it would be such a bonus to be able to sync the effects to Cross.

But probably most importantly to me, refining the DVS experience. Such as, having better sync, being able to adjust loops with the vinyl, etc. There are a few small refinements that could be made to make turntablism much better with Cross.
dylanve

Postby RoJeC on 30 Jun 2014, 16:36

The Cross Suggestions forum is ment for this dropping suggestions that are not reported via other forums. Any user at any time can drop suggestions at all times.

I think most important is that MV keeps developing in a way that new users keep coming, else it couldn't be for the current maintenance fee.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby BoldFaceType on 30 Jun 2014, 21:04

Thanks for the reply Ron. Can you or someone in the know give me an update as to these requested features? I'd really appreciate it.

1) MIDI clock
2) VST client and/or host
3) Sequencer

Are any of these possible? Do you think these are requested enough to get a serious look? Are these features expected in future updates? Are there technical, contractual, or market barriers keeping one or more from being implemented?

Please let me know

-BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR

Apple iPhone 6
BoldFaceType

Postby BoldFaceType on 30 Jun 2014, 21:11

dylanve,

What do you mean "refine"? Is what your asking common to all DVS systems? I wouldn't know as I've only played with Cross DVS vinyl one time; and then only to scratch, not to mix. Although DVS it is in the near future (putting kit together).

-BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR

Apple iPhone 6
BoldFaceType

Postby DJ Vintage on 30 Jun 2014, 23:08

I would like to suggest to the MV team to have a look at the way Mackie set up a features request website for their DL1608 mixer or better for the software (iPad app) that it runs.

Every registered user got a number of "credits" and features could be requested by users. You could then give between 1 and 3 credits for the features you liked best until all your credits were gone.

This way really quickly a ranking of features started to appear. And most of the top 10 features were incorporated in the first major software update.

It was the best and most charming way I have seen this done so far.

Just a thought.
DJ Vintage

Postby dylanve on 01 Jul 2014, 06:16

BoldFaceType wrote:dylanve,

What do you mean "refine"? Is what your asking common to all DVS systems? I wouldn't know as I've only played with Cross DVS vinyl one time; and then only to scratch, not to mix. Although DVS it is in the near future (putting kit together).

-BFT

Don't get me wrong, timecode is tight with Cross. I just think it could be improved. There are little 'quirks' when using it.

For example, when I cue up a track, I usually point the marker on the record to the 12 o'clock position, then hit the first Locator which I usually set to the first down beat. Unfortunately, I have to wait a moment for the Locator to set, because of the quantize feature. It would be great if the quantize could be turned off if the record is not moving, or is moving very slowly. This would help to be just a bit quicker when beat juggling etc.

Just a minor thing, but there a few little things like that which could be improved.
dylanve

Postby RoJeC on 01 Jul 2014, 08:22

Seems you haven't mastered the abilities of Cross yet. You really should try with different values for Quant and Snap as well as turning it off. Cross responds in less than 1ms if you have a system and soundcard that allows for this. No way you will notice this delay without measuring equipment.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby dylanve on 01 Jul 2014, 09:44

RoJeC wrote:Seems you haven't mastered the abilities of Cross yet. You really should try with different values for Quant and Snap as well as turning it off. Cross responds in less than 1ms if you have a system and soundcard that allows for this. No way you will notice this delay without measuring equipment.

Like I said, I'm well aware what snap and quantize do. And I'm well aware of what latency is, I haven't had any issues there. And I'm well aware that turning it off would stop that behaviour. But I wouldn't nessassarily want to be constantly turning quantize on and off, that's a bit counter intuitive.

It's just a suggestion, and it would help.
dylanve

Postby Deejay FM on 01 Jul 2014, 15:56

1.) 4 Deck DVS support -> almost all other DVS systems can do that
2.) beatmatcher visible in browser view
3.) projection mapping functionality

PLEEEEASE i need the 3rd Deck so bad!
Deejay FM

Return to Suggestions