Waveforms not matching sound?

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Waveforms not matching sound?

Postby dylanve on 29 May 2014, 05:54

Hi guys,

Firstly, this app is really nice. Fun to use, and latency is really low! Nice work.

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z2, and it seems like the music is playing at a different point than what the waveform displays.

It seems like when the beatgrid is set automatically, its right. But the waveform isn't. For example, when I see a "drop" coming, the music is actually already there before the waveform is. Does that make sense?

This only seems to be the case as you get further into the track, not at the beginning.

Regards.
dylanve

Re: Waveforms not matching sound?

Postby Nordhal on 04 Jun 2014, 17:52

Hi,

Do you have audio issues too? We know we have audio problems with galaxy S5, and today we bought an Xperia Z2 when there was audio issues (pitch not correct, some audio crackles).

Maybe your observation with the waveform is coming from these audio issues.
Nordhal

Postby dylanve on 19 Jun 2014, 06:17

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see your reply. The audio and the latency seem perfect to me :-)

I think I may have figured out why is was getting confused. It seems like the beat matcher prioritizes the highs rather than the lows. I was trying to match the grid to the high-hats, thinking that the were the kicks. So when there are highs in the track, the kicks can't be seen very well in the waveform. Might just be a design thing...
dylanve

Postby Nordhal on 20 Jun 2014, 10:54

We are working on an improved Waveform though, I do not know when this will come, but it should come.
This beatmatcher for the moment is kind of... Well.. Not useless, but I never found that it had all information I needed. It's just ok to see if the beatgrid is synced.
Nordhal

Postby dylanve on 23 Jun 2014, 13:04

Great to hear! Looking forward to seeing it :-)
dylanve

Postby gkovacs on 12 Jul 2014, 16:44

I have the same issue, running Cross DJ free on an LG G-Pad 8.3 with Cyanogenmod CM11 (Android 4.4.4).

When I start playing a track, the beatgrid matches up with the waveform perfectly, but the waveform starts drifting forward (so the beatgrid stays on beat, but the waveform seems to move slower).

I have tried both decoder speeds and OpenSL with default and async, but so far the problem remains.

Please solve this as soon as possible, as currently this makes Cross DJ unusable for me (and I really want to buy and use the paid version).
gkovacs

Postby dylanve on 14 Jul 2014, 01:27

gkovacs wrote:I have the same issue, running Cross DJ free on an LG G-Pad 8.3 with Cyanogenmod CM11 (Android 4.4.4).

When I start playing a track, the beatgrid matches up with the waveform perfectly, but the waveform starts drifting forward (so the beatgrid stays on beat, but the waveform seems to move slower).

I have tried both decoder speeds and OpenSL with default and async, but so far the problem remains.

Please solve this as soon as possible, as currently this makes Cross DJ unusable for me (and I really want to buy and use the paid version).

Interesting, having played with it a bit more now I definitely think this is the case for me too.
dylanve

Return to Android Discussion