Behringer CMD DC-1 Output help

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Behringer CMD DC-1 Output help

Postby HawnSolo on 06 Feb 2014, 06:57

I have made some progress today. I managed to get feedback on the LED rings working for FX select and FX input select. Since both of these commands have specific value limitations I mapped each separate value to a specific LED in the ring.

I have been unsuccessful using %, the last LED in the list always stays on and all the others are dim and randomly flicker (I suspect this may be due to the LED Ring being one CC with each LED being a different value, instead of separate CC/Note value for each LED).

Mapping each value seperately only seems to work on commands with specific value limitations. When I tried to map feedback for the FX amount and depth (which have a full 0-127 range) in the same way, none of the LEDs would come on.

Also I discovered that the LED rings repeat in values 33-47 and 48-63, but their behavior seems to be identical to the lower range so this doesn't seem to help. :confused:

Hope this all makes sense and is some help!
HawnSolo

Postby superdj4life on 13 Feb 2014, 00:59

Nice, would you mind posting the code for the knobs, that's an interesting use for them.

I thought it might be the controller not understanding the % Modifier so I contacted Behringer support, here's their official word;

Thanks for the email. To the best of my knowledge, "%" is not used as a variable in the MIDI programming for the CMD DC-1. Please feel free to write me back if you have any further questions.
M4500 Quad Core i5 3ghz (Windows 8 Ent x64)
8Gb DDR3 MEM 320Gb HDD
2x Stanton STR8-100 Vinyl Turntables
2x Stanton CMP-800 CD Turntables
Behringer DDM4000
Novation Dicer
Numark IDJ3
superdj4life

Postby HawnSolo on 03 Mar 2014, 19:22

CMD DC 1 Mappings.zip
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I have been very busy this last month and went on a short vacation this last week.

I attached my DC1 mapping to this post and I also included a separate FX Select and Input Select mapping to make it easier for you to incorporate it into your own map. Feel free to use anything else from my full mapping, as I recently purchased a Electrix Tweaker on ebay and am going to be replacing qmy DC-1 with it. There may be a few bugs here and there but I think most of it is functioning correctly.

The mapping is for Tracker/Loading for all 4 decks (no sampler control on this version, I tried but it got really complicated to try and pack everything in), filters for all 4 decks (in a A-C-D-B configuration, as it matches how I have my mixer set up), Sync & Master control for all 4 decks, key control for C and D decks, reload as clone for C & D, FX control, C & D locator control, C & D slip loop mode ( I didn't need normal looping functions as I was using my CDJs in HID mode). I think thats everything, enjoy! :biggrin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HawnSolo

Postby superdj4life on 13 Mar 2014, 17:32

WOW amazing stuff and a million thanks. I'm pouring over it now and will be incorporating a lot of what I see here in my mapping this is GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
M4500 Quad Core i5 3ghz (Windows 8 Ent x64)
8Gb DDR3 MEM 320Gb HDD
2x Stanton STR8-100 Vinyl Turntables
2x Stanton CMP-800 CD Turntables
Behringer DDM4000
Novation Dicer
Numark IDJ3
superdj4life

Postby synaptic flow on 17 Mar 2014, 00:57

I've tried to get my CMD DC-1 knobs to simply work for Cross DJ gain knobs or volume sliders and I can't get it to work right for anything. The knobs move too fast one direction and too slow the other. Or they jump around. Never a good balance no matter what I do. I'm getting kind of "time to give up" lol.
synaptic flow

Postby Henry Jay on 01 May 2014, 05:04

Gosto e utilizo os bancos de samples do Cross, mais seria ótimo um maper MIDI oficial dos controladores CMD LC-1, CMD DC-1, CMD DV-1, CMD MM-1... já dentro do Cross!!!
Henry Jay

Postby radioViki on 03 May 2014, 11:34

Hi folks,

with these parameters, the LEDs, just seconds after the button state. These are parameters. for the LC1, the setting for the DC1 I will have finished in 2 weeks.

<mapping>
<control alias="fam(Mixer).FilterA" value="%"/>
<MIDI simpleMap="true"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0x1"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0x2"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0x3"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0x4"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0x5"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0x6"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0x7"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0x8"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0x9"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0xa"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0xb"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0xc"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0xd"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x11" channel="0x8" value="0xe"/>
<MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x15" channel="0x8" value="0xf"/>
</mapping>

Knob position = 07:00h
0x7f 0x0 0.1 for 16 steps
0x3f 0x40

hilsen fra norge
radioViki

Postby Henry Jay on 21 May 2014, 05:38

Are there any plans to have any official mapping for the line driver eg CMD CMD-DC1
Henry Jay

Postby synaptic flow on 19 Aug 2014, 06:04

I don't know about you guys but I feel like the CMD DC-1 is absolute trash. Mine won't work right in anything except FL Studio and Deckadance. It's a MIDI controller for goodness sake, but it just does nothing when I program it to any other DAW or DJ software.

Literally I can turn a knob 360 degrees on the CMD DC-1 and the knob in a given software will only move like one click. Goodness! What gives?

I can only guess that my problem is that I am using a pre production model. I won it from Behringer. But look at how cheap they are going for in a lot of places. I can only assume that they are all junk.

Thoughts?
synaptic flow

Postby makugee on 19 Oct 2014, 15:29

Hey Synaptic Flow, just wished to add my two cents, as I recently bought a Behringer DC-1 and after a little bit of tinkering it's worked fine for me in Cross. I was having similar problems to what you described in your post too, although I'm not sure if they are exactly the same, but hopefully this will help. Full disclosure, this was pretty much lifted from HawnSolo's mapping from a while back, which was instrumental in me figuring out the pattern required.

As you suggest that your device worked with Deckadance and FL Studio, I wonder if it might be how it's been written in Cross's MIDI configurator. The knobs are all endless rotary encoders, so they have to be selected correctly in the MIDI window or else they won't work. Namely, as an inc. -Dec. Normal Fader/Knob. Also, the Forward & Backward parameters have to be set in the following way:
This is referring to the eight knobs in the middle of the unit. From what I can tell the parameters for Forward & Backward need to be set to the far left and far right of 0x40, which appears to be at unity.

Now in Cross, using them to control the various FX knobs seems to work using this arrangement. That's the most obvious use for them, although I haven't tried using them in different ways, so I hope that they can be applied to other scenarios.

The big knob at the top, however, has to be set slightly differently than the aforementioned ones. I use it to scroll in the track browser, or as Cross puts it, "Browse the Active Browsable". The forward/backward parameters have to begin at one step to the left/right respectively of unity (0x40) in order to respond to scrolling left or right. Like so:

Once again the bigger encoder was the obvious choice to me to scroll in the active track list, so that's what I applied it to, although I hope that it can be applied to other ones to.

I hope I'm not telling you stuff that you already knew, but all this was helpful in getting it to work for me in Cross, so I hope it'd work the same. Once again I got my inspiration from HawnSolo's contribution from a while back. I hope that this is useful for anybody that had similar problems to me. I also hope that you didn't sell your unit out of too much frustration, as your last post was from a couple of months ago now, but in case you have, I hope you've found something that works for your setup! :)

Cheers
makugee

Previous

Return to Mapping Midi