Automix Problems

Mixvibes Android applications for Smartphone and Pad: CrossDJ
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Automix Problems

Postby stubostar on 20 Feb 2014, 15:49

Hey I'm a swing dancing DJ. I don't need to mix but I do need to be able to make BPM based playlists and change the BPM tag for the track if it is wrong, perhaps have a BPM manual tap would be a good addition.

Most importantly I need tracks to play one after the other and cue at the gap before the start of the track. At the moment the tracks are cued right at the start of the track and event slightly into the track which means I have to manually adjust every time.

Automix is very intermittent at the moment. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Also it cues a little ways into the track. I need it to play from the start or preferable from just before when the music starts.

Looking forward to seeing some improvements but thankful that someone is having a really go at a decent DJ app for android.
stubostar

Re: Automix Problems

Postby RoJeC on 20 Feb 2014, 16:27

Hi stubostar. Welcome to MixVibes. Glad you enjoy the current version.

Just as you noticed improvement is possible and being done. Cross for Android just started. The main roadmap is along the lines of the current PC/MAC version.
As android is doing the same totally different a solid base is needed. This is created and improved with the help of the users.

In your topic are suggestiosn; which will be noticed by the dev team.
It seem however that you experience problems with autoplay stability, other than the cue points. Could you provide some more info on what is going on and what hardware device you use. In the end adding functionality to something that does not work properly is pretty useless.
Thanks for reporting
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Re: Automix Problems

Postby stubostar on 21 Feb 2014, 14:15

Hey thanks for the reply.

Hardware: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

My advanced settings:
Crossfader: Autofade
Automix / Autofade: Fade Time 0 sec
Auto-sync: off

1) I select a playlist
2) I select AUTOMIX and the 1st track plays and the next track 'Cue's on the other deck.
3) The 2nd track in playlist doesn't automatically play and the AUTOMIX bar stays on the side of the first track played.
4) I manually slide the AUTOMIX bar to play the 2nd track and it plays
5) After I set the second track to play the subsequent tracks will play and Cross fade for a while before stopping and I have to go through the process again.

I just trialed this again for this post and yes AUTOMIX does stop working and very frequently - at least on my device. Hope this helps.
stubostar

Return to Android Discussion