Cross Mac / PC 3 versions

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross Mac / PC 3 versions

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 24 Jan 2014, 08:26

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Re: Cross Mac / PC 3 versions

Postby discopex on 24 Jan 2014, 11:38

Looks like it would've been cheaper to go straight for Cross instead of upgrading first Cross DJ with video plugin if I also wanted to get video samplers? no crossgrade in between. :neutral:
Thinkpad X240, 8 Gb / 512Gb SSD
running Cross 3.4.3 64-bit
Allen & Heath K2, Pioneer DJM-450
discopex

Postby UncleVibes on 24 Jan 2014, 11:59

I see next week if we can do a "crossgrade" with the boss back from l.a
UncleVibes

Postby discopex on 24 Jan 2014, 12:15

:cool:
Thinkpad X240, 8 Gb / 512Gb SSD
running Cross 3.4.3 64-bit
Allen & Heath K2, Pioneer DJM-450
discopex

Postby sla200x on 24 Jan 2014, 15:02

Yes , I hope something can be done for those who already bought the video plug-in 2.x
  I recently bought Cross DJ along with the video 
plugin on December 27 2013 now the video is being 
offered for free in Version 3. If I had known this was coming I would have just waited and buy Cross 3.

Thanks

sla200x

Postby djdrewsie on 28 Jan 2014, 03:34

Hello,

I am a first time buyer and user of the new Cross software and I wanted to say that I was very impressed with a lot of the innovations your team has come up with to develop this very powerful software.

I am a current user of Serato products as well as the other major DJ softwares such as Virtual DJ and Traktor Pro, but also have experiences with Ableton and Logic Pro.

As a professional video DJ who does it full time, I must say that I am very close to making the switch, but to be honest, I have my hesitations for making it my main software, but am having a great time playing around with it. I wrote mainly to share my personal experiences with the software so far and wanted to give some suggestions for future updates.

I far exceed the minimum requirements for the software as far my hardware goes, and I keep my windows machines up to date all the time (BIOS, CMOS, Windows updates, Drivers etc)

As a full time serato user, I wanted to suggest data import from serato. I know it has probably been suggested in the past, but I spent several days analyzing my tracks. As a serato user it is suggested to analyze your entire library before working in it, and I want to know if using the software if tracks in your collection are not analyzed, will it bug out or corrupt your entire collection? I attempted to install a conversion of my serato to traktor using the database importer NI provides. It did not import my videos correctly and classified all the tags as music files and did not put them into my video collection. Also the rate of the analyzing is very slow when analyzing your entire library. I can only analyze one track at a time. In other softwares you can analyze multiple and at a greater pace. I had a library of about 20000 combined videos and music and it took over two days to analyze everything.

I also wanted to point out that I own a Novation twitch and I see on your website that the Twitch is no longer existing as a compatible controller. I plugged mine in and the software detects it correctly, however the sound card does not detect properly, as I am only able to use the direct line settings and not the ASIO settings.

My only dissatisfactions with the software has only been importing and setting up to play with it. It was kind of a pain, but once I got through it I found to enjoy all of the features, especially the video sampling banks. As a video DJ, I have been waiting for a software to have this since the advent of Video DJ'ing and put it in the DJ software formula, and you guys did it! :)

One thing I am also having difficulty with is the mapping of 3rd party controllers. While it is easy to setup encoders and faders and buttons, I am having trouble setting up jogwheels. As a DJ that does some scratching, I don't like the controller feel of the jogwheels and want to use them for more than just backspins, fx, and pitch bending. I only feel comfortable using your timecodes which I find to be way more versatile than Traktor or Serato's, but I have not been able to achieve the same experiences mapping a controller. I currently don't own any compatible controllers with jogwheels, only ones that are uncompatible but work well in Serato (DDJ S1, NS7)

Thank you again for providing such a wonderful alternative and I look forward to future updates, and I hope my suggestions have been helpful and help you further develop this great piece of software.
djdrewsie

Postby VDj Sean T on 11 Feb 2014, 04:50

UncleVibes wrote:I see next week if we can do a "crossgrade" with the boss back from l.a

Crossgrade to update full Video features for us Cross DJ users would be fantastic. :)
VDj Sean T

Postby UncleVibes on 11 Feb 2014, 09:19

I check this week how much users are concerned and we will write you directly with an offer.
UncleVibes

Postby VDj Sean T on 11 Feb 2014, 10:53

UncleVibes wrote:I check this week how much users are concerned and we will write you directly with an offer.

Sounds good :) . Thanks a lot Uncle Vibes.
VDj Sean T

Postby SORIMBO on 15 Feb 2014, 01:13

VDj Sean T wrote:
UncleVibes wrote:I see next week if we can do a "crossgrade" with the boss back from l.a

Crossgrade to update full Video features for us Cross DJ users would be fantastic. :)

I bought Cross DJ and video plugin in September 2013
I think the same ... waiting for news to buy the crossgrade to Cross 3.0
SORIMBO

Next

Return to Announcements