U-mix44 too quiet

Post your tips and tutorials here
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

U-mix44 too quiet

Postby Basi on 17 Dec 2013, 11:56

Hi there,

I bought the U-Mix44 to use it for a small and light travel DJ setup (MacBook Pro 2009 with Traktor 2, iPad with Lemur as a controller).

I had two gigs with it and both suffered from a waaay to quiet music output from my U-Mix. The master output as well as the headphones levels are very quiet and I had to crank up the gain on all systems to get some soundlevel - but of course the quality became very very bad.

So - will I have to give back this soundcard and get the one from native instruments (seems to work great) or is there a solution that will let me perform properly with it? (I would like the letter as I love the inputs ;)

Many thanks!
Sebastian
Basi

Re: U-mix44 too quiet

Postby daniel clark on 17 Dec 2013, 12:04

:cool: couple of points of intrest ,, first regerster your software licence key on the fourm ,,if the sc was purched with said software ,,
next give us info as to how you have it set up ,ie os ,audio config ,,using tc or not ,, ,if software was bundled with sc have you tried setting it up and do you get the same results ,,have you tried using the sc with another music player and what are the results ,,
any info pertaing to setting it up for tractor will have to be gotten from there software fourm ,,unless a user is familiar with its set up ,
sorry not to be able to help you as of now ,,lack of info and knowledge on my part for setting the U-Mix sc :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Basi on 20 Dec 2013, 10:33

Hi mate,

thanks for your answer but sorry - I dont really understand your reply.
What Software Key? I dont use any mixvibes software but only the soundcard and if it came with software or a key in the bundle its packed in a box a few thousand kilometers from here. (As I am in Johannesburg and the box in Munich ;)

Im using OSX 10.8.5 on a mac book pro 2009.

I dont know what you mean with audio config. I use Traktor and simply tell it in the configs that the U44 is the SC and setup the chanels, nothing extraordinary there.
I dont know what tc means - I use traktor and the iPad with Lemur to controll it. Nothing fancy, no other software.
I have not tried any other software as the only one on my mac would be ITCH and this one wont play with it anyways. (and traktor is my fav software to play with and i am not planning on changing that)

Would you just please tell me if the u44 would be able to reach club usable sound levels or wether its just not able to?

thx
Sebastian
Basi

Postby daniel clark on 20 Dec 2013, 11:14

:cool: :eek: sorry about that but you gave more info ,, the answer to your last :?: is yes it does reach club usable levels ,,
:cool: dont worry about the licence key as no software was purched ,
:cool: :cool: tc means timecode ,as in vinal record or cd that has a code on it to control the software ,,
:cool: audio config is how the sound card is set up to play
not being familiar with tractors set up ,,you might have to go to there fourm to get info /user manual ,,.
:cool: will look for a link for the user manual for sc on this site to try to help ,,
:cool: :cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Basi on 20 Dec 2013, 12:28

Hi Daniel,
thanks for the fast reply! :)

I am not using time code, nether vinyl nor CD but traktor with MP3/WAV only.
The SC manual (which I downloaded) does not contain any usable infos actually, its just says connect it and tell tractor to use it... thats it.
The forum does not give any more advice either :(
Basi

Postby daniel clark on 20 Dec 2013, 12:34

:cool: :cool: try checking out the Cross manual ,, has info as to setting up external sc ,,, only familiar with my set up ,,never used the U-Mix sc ,,
what i was asking about another software to try the sc out like a media player ,,
sounds like a setting is in correct ,,hopeing someone familiar with the sc would chime in with better info ,,
trying to help not hurt ,, another resource is the search function for postings about the sc ,, might be teidious ,,but might give some insight
:cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle