going from Traktor to Cross

Post your tips and tutorials here
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

going from Traktor to Cross

Postby gullum on 11 Jun 2013, 03:38

So I made the dissision to make the plug and give Cross a full go.
I've ugrate from CrossDJ to Cross today as I play in a club that has CDJ2000 and an other that has CDJ350 for the first Traktor would do just fine as it's hid is good with 2000 but no Hid suport for the 350.
Anyway I'm on a Mac so I have a program called Rekord Buddy it lets me sync my Traktor liberary with Rekordbox all hotcues and beatgrids.
Grate now I have my whole collection perfectly matched between Traktor and Rekordbox, now All I need to do is import my Rekordbox liberary into Cross and way I go have all my playlists cuepoints set within a cuple of hours. If I were to do it all over again it would take weeks.
SO using Rekord Buddy to get Traktor to Rekordbox (was allready done before upgrating) then inport to Cross tomorrow I'd be ready to play using all the same songs I used in Traktor a my last gig :D
Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Cross, Macbook Air 13" mid 2012 OS X Yosemite
https://www.Facebook.com/djgullum

gullum

Re: going from Traktor to Cross

Postby djphaidon on 11 Jun 2013, 06:07

You'll find that Cross has a much better detection process, so everything that you import from now on will require less preparation. Also, the smart folders in Cross are better than sliced bread. Welcome to the future :-)

MixVibes Cross 2.6.0
A&H Xone:DB4 / A&H Xone:K2 / QuNeo / iPad Lemur
15' MacBook Pro / 16Gb RAM

Retired: Jazzmutant Lemur / Korg padKontrol / Korg Zero 4 / VCI 100 / APC40 / NI S4 / Traktor

djphaidon

Postby gullum on 11 Jun 2013, 11:17

yes it seams verry good I only wish it had key detection too then I could get it all done in one program.
Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Cross, Macbook Air 13" mid 2012 OS X Yosemite

gullum

Postby daniel clark on 11 Jun 2013, 11:20

:cool: dont have any other info but reply from unc on key issue ,,seems to give hope for it shortly :eek:
viewtopic.php?f=360&t=24549&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=key&start=10
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby gullum on 11 Jun 2013, 12:27

Yes saw that and he also implyed in my DDJ SX mapper thread that DDJ SX might get native in next release so I'm verry excited now

gullum

Postby daniel clark on 11 Jun 2013, 12:48

:cool: :cool: well be patient , and when the r c version arrives ,,ring its bell :!: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby DJ Vintage on 29 Nov 2013, 08:03

Hi guys,

Yesterday I tried to import my .nml collection file from Traktor into Cross. All seemed to go very well. I saw my playlists appear, my tracks came up with all the right info. But then ... I clicked the first track and a nice red Cross appeared indicating track not found.

I switched on the location header and it tells me it is looking for the "muziek" folder inside the Traktor Pro root folder. That is not how it is set up. And besides that folder does not even exist!

I have both "Muziek" and "Traktor Pro Root" folders in the root folder of my external hard drive. Relocating isn't an option as I a) don't want the files physically moved to another folder (I use the disk for several purposes and moving stuff isn't an option) and b) I couldn't figure out how to batch change the folders pointers.

Question is simple: is there a way to tell Cross to look for the tracks in the right folder WITHOUT Cross moving any files around, or without me having to copy all my music files (44K+) to the folder Cross THINKS the files should be. This is also impossible since I don't have that much free disk space left.

Greetinx,
Chuck "DJ Vintage" van Eekelen
DJ Vintage

Postby djphaidon on 29 Nov 2013, 08:36

Cross won't move your files, at all. So, what you can do is go to the "Files" tab, pick the folders you want to import, and drag and drop that folder onto the Collection Tab. This is how I do it since I manage my music manually in folders. Other programs seemed to screw with the structure too much, so I just place them where I want them, and add them to the Cross collection. Hope it helps.

EDIT: "Relocate tracks" is used to Find the tracks in the library, not move them. Now that you mention that, it could be taken both ways.

MixVibes Cross 2.6.0
A&H Xone:DB4 / A&H Xone:K2 / QuNeo / iPad Lemur
15' MacBook Pro / 16Gb RAM

Retired: Jazzmutant Lemur / Korg padKontrol / Korg Zero 4 / VCI 100 / APC40 / NI S4 / Traktor

djphaidon

Postby DJ Vintage on 29 Nov 2013, 15:52

Thanks.

I was afraid that if I did an import folder (or drag & drop) I would end up with the double amount of tracks in my database (have in the past with other software).

I copied my HD to an new one, then moved the "muziek" folder to where Cross thinks they were and that worked like a charm (took 6 hours, but hey).

Still, I wonder how Cross comes up with that file location, seeing how the location Cross mentions, based on the import of the nml file, does not actually exist. This is what had me a bit baffled.

Is there a more (behind the scenes, under the hood) way to fix this? Like is there a way to do a search/replace in an index file or something?

If I could have replaced part of the location name with something else it would have worked too.

Not urgent anymore (got it fixed temporarily with the second HD and will try the drag/drop with that HD after tonight's gig), but still interesting to find out.

Greetinx,
Chuck "DJ Vintage" van Eekelen
DJ Vintage

Postby RoJeC on 29 Nov 2013, 17:10

Hi DJ Vintage,

Might have end up between the lines, but if you ever restructure your audio folders (disks) use the 'Resolve missing tracks' e.g. via File menu. (as DJ Phaidon mentioned briefly above).

It will detect all your tracks with missing files. Next find the new location for one. What Cross does next is asking you if it should check the whole 'missing list' with the 'new' file structure. It takes some time as it actually checks the existence per file and not just updates the collection information blindly. If needed repeat untill all done.

This is the most secure way as no other information in the collection is modified than the location, so all fields that are Cross specific remain unchanged.

(And I understand that the initial import should not have caused this to be needed right away, unless some kind of virtual disk was made by Traktor(which I never used no more after stepping to Cross DJ))

And...
Welcome
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Next

Return to Tips & Tutorials