Support.

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Support.

Postby show-spect on 25 Nov 2013, 00:58

Ok. excuse me P-Jean for want to plug in and get to work. I have mixtapes planned for December. So I would like to get some results ASAP so when I'm ready to record, my software is set up. why is this so comprehensive for someone with 2 turntables and a mixer is beyond me. so yes i'm frustrated. I have artists giving me drops, I need to be able to use them. So...thanks for your opinion...but...All I see is over 200 bucks spent and haven't mixed one joint. have juggled once., have not heard a scratch that I liked yet. I did my research on this. I thought it would have been easier. I'm man enough to admit....I was wrong.
show-spect

Postby P_Jean on 25 Nov 2013, 01:05

Well

We'll see tomorrow ... don't worry.

We need your System PC / Mac ? Win or OS versions.
Then the exact list of your hardware, and what settings you want (Timecode? HID? Or MIDI) to mix.

;)
P_Jean

Postby djphaidon on 25 Nov 2013, 07:28

show-spect wrote:I have artists giving me drops, I need to be able to use them.

If you are on such a short timeline, why are you switching software? That's never a smart idea, and will always be frustrating. Also, you should have your previous software available or how you used to do things right? Please don't confuse your ill-planning with bad support, cause they are two entirely different things.

show-spect wrote:I have mixtapes planned for December. So I would like to get some results ASAP so when I'm ready to record, my software is set up.

There is still plenty of time until December. You will get results ASAP, but that means "as soon as possible", not as soon as you ask for them. You have been here for a total of what, two days? You have also not provided very much information to help us fix the problem.

What is your previous software? And, how fast did they answer your irate forum posts? Just curious, cause I think the way you entered the community would get you a worse response in other forums.

show-spect wrote:I'm man enough to admit....I was wrong.

Really? we didn't question it.

MixVibes Cross 2.6.0
A&H Xone:DB4 / A&H Xone:K2 / QuNeo / iPad Lemur
15' MacBook Pro / 16Gb RAM

Retired: Jazzmutant Lemur / Korg padKontrol / Korg Zero 4 / VCI 100 / APC40 / NI S4 / Traktor

djphaidon

Postby RoJeC on 25 Nov 2013, 12:39

Great to have a new collegue that is so enthousiastic on the product. It took me slightly more time to ask the forum my first question.

If your issue really is drops only, than the manual as well as various (starter) topics on the forum, or basically any site with audio software where audio latency is an issue will provide you with the answer that the first thing to do is to chose the audio driver you intend to use and if drops occur just increase the latency (buffer size).

And just before blaming the product to much, most replies came from users who are happy to support any new (and existing) users. My thought is that if you want something out of the box working, use an app and live with its limitations.

Cross is a great product which, just as others, always can be improved. But few can be used instantly out of the box, expecially when it is a product that is so flexible in the hardware and OS systems.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Hannes on 25 Nov 2013, 14:24

show-spect wrote: want to plug in and get to work. I have mixtapes planned for December. So I would like to get some results ASAP so when I'm ready to record, my software is set up. why is this so comprehensive for someone with 2 turntables and a mixer is beyond me. so yes i'm frustrated. I have artists giving me drops, I need to be able to use them. So...thanks for your opinion...but...All I see is over 200 bucks spent and haven't mixed one joint. have juggled once., have not heard a scratch that I liked yet. I did my research on this. I thought it would have been easier. I'm man enough to admit....I was wrong.

Maybe the manual would be of good help to you.
Also a comprehensive list in short and readable sentences would make it easier for us to isolate and fix your issues.

-what did you not like about the scratches? the sound? are you in master-tempo mode for the key-lock?

-what do you mean by "not able to use drops"? Samples/one-shots? Or did you drop your mixer? Have you checked your physical cabling and routing in the software?

-Does any of your artist-friends have experience with DVS-systems, so you can troubleshoot together?
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby RoJeC on 25 Nov 2013, 22:39

Hi DJ show-spect,

Thanks for your message. To me it seems you under estimate your experience and how this translates to a software product.

I do not think your are really stuck or asking for strange things. The problem is more that MixVibes designes a tool that has to fit the need from a weekend home DJ to a professional DJ.

I do think the main issue is getting to know the option of Serato to be called and visualized in Cross.

The forum is the place for this. The developers of MV take the forum topics with them when determining the road for improvement.

For this I will copy this message in the forum after sending it to you. Also because I do not have the knowledge to reply to all your questions.

show-spect wrote:Ronald,
thanks for messaging me. I'm sorry to everyone, but bottom line is that I feel stuck! I do. The manual only has so much info. I look for simplicity. I wanted support with my software. I protested Serato, because they made all these awesome changes and want people to buy (At Least) the SL 2 to get support. They announced that they would no longer support the SL1 as of this month. I was not going to continue using a program with zero support. I did not know I had to be a computer data programmer to set up mix vibes. It's going to be more trouble to sell it than to keep it and spend the next month figuring it out.

I think this is a smart decision. I am pretty sure that everything you want is feasible with Cross. U should offer yourself a couple of hours to make the best mix you ever made (sofar).

Here are my issues:

Simple way to set up cue points. I'm used to having numbers 1-5 for the left deck. 6-0 for right deck. Easy for juggling.

Enable View for 'locators' per deck. (preference: 4 or 8 per deck). Locators are 'Cue' OR a 'loop'.
Select point to cue(or select loop) click at locator button: ready

I'm a mixtape DJ. I utilize drops throughout my mixes. I used the one shot sampler in serato. I tried to use the sampler bank and I got no sound.

Samplerbank in the tree is a library. Samplers need 4 deck mode, View set to Sampler. Per sampler pad it can be set if is Single shot, loop, and some more options. Also for sampler there is a preference for 4 or 8.
Sampler can be filled from loops by clicking on it (hot sample), or from library. Sampler bank can be saved (and opened).

Finally the sound. when I try to scratch, my pullbacks are not crisp sounding at all. I juggle and do a lot of cut ins for my mixes.

I do not do scratching, so others might be able to provide better answer.
However 2 main issues if all is/seems slow. 1. the latency for your soundcard is way to large or 2. The quantize and/or snap is enabled and/or to high value. (both on top of mixer section in the middle).

I figured these out, I'm good to go. but these are things I'm afraid the manual do not explain this.

Some times one needs to know how it works to understand the manual.....

I have a simple set up. 2 turntables, Numark x6 mixer. I'm using a PC. Windows 8.

Can you email me *@hotmail.com? I would much rather deal with you in private than to come back to the forum. I don't do forums anyway. It's just that this set up left me severly frustrated.

Your setup is 'nothing special' as far as I know, so I am confident that your mix is going to be better than you could have dreamt (let alone in your recent nightmares..)
But the forum is the place to be. The users are around the world and usually issues, especially if no bug, are solved in hours. So please use the forum for any questions.

Do not hesitate to share your result when ready (or PM the location)

Best Regards,

Ronald
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby giordani on 15 Jul 2014, 00:07

Hello, i bought Cross and i want to import cue points and loop from my track in serato to Cross, i tried to read the track in Cross from directory but cue points aren't.
Anyone can help me to solve this problem?
I have more than 2500 track with cue and loop and I can't insert all cue point again on each tracks.
Thanks
giordani

Postby RoJeC on 15 Jul 2014, 07:41

Did you try Menu | Collection | Import 3rd party database.
You might want to use a new/copied collection to use/test this.

Tracks do not hold cue information as there is no tag field for this.

Any reason you did not create a new topic in Cross forum (but replied in general chat forum). If so, please send a pm to UncleVibes as entering your license key should have opened more forums.
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby aanna on 06 Jul 2017, 16:54

daniel clark Gives positive way for that you can ask from him for all issue :)

Thanks
aanna

Postby daniel clark on 06 Jul 2017, 21:15

aanna wrote:daniel clark Gives positive way for that you can ask from him for all issue :)

Thanks

:eek: why thank you ,,
sorry i had to delete your link ,, postive it was spam ,, so welcome to the fourm ,, and any other post please keep it related to mixvibes ,,,DJ information ,,or making the music :idea:
:cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle