Autoplay Feature

Suggest features and improvements

Re: Autoplay Feature

Postby jsr7096 on 27 Aug 2013, 22:42

daniel clark wrote::cool: have you tried this in the later versions ,kinda remembering starting auto play ,while a current track was playing ,, :cool:

ah, ok, got 2.6.0 RC open. If I e.g. have a track playing in player A, then yes I can set it to autoplay on track B, press the button to start autoplay and it will crossfade over to it.

Almost what is needed, but not quite.

I need to be able to click on something that turns on autoplay so that it will continue playing the current track to the end and then automatically go to the next track.
jsr7096

Postby sylMV on 27 Aug 2013, 23:34

That's currently not possible in Cross.
This improvement is though on the (very) long todo-list ;)
SylMV

sylMV

Postby jsr7096 on 27 Aug 2013, 23:37

sylMV wrote:That's currently not possible in Cross.
This improvement is though on the (very) long todo-list ;)

ok so who do we need to bribe to 1) find out where it is on the list and 2) get it to the top :)
jsr7096

Postby djwojo on 28 Aug 2013, 01:11

I use this feature quite offten and it works very well. When you play in manual mode you can start the autoplay on other track and it will transition great. But as soon as you pres autoplay it will start the transition
djwojo

Postby jsr7096 on 28 Aug 2013, 01:16

djwojo wrote:I use this feature quite offten and it works very well. When you play in manual mode you can start the autoplay on other track and it will transition great. But as soon as you pres autoplay it will start the transition

I am often in Ceroc venues where people pay to go "partner dancing" and they want to dance to a whole song.

I try to avoid but there can be times when I need to leave the DJ area mid-song so I would really like to be able to switch to autoplay mode without it transitioning from the current song.

Unfortunately it's not currently possible, but is somewhere on the to-do list ...
jsr7096

Postby RhythmicNature on 16 Oct 2013, 11:09

jsr7096 wrote:I am often in Ceroc venues where people pay to go "partner dancing" and they want to dance to a whole song.

Blues/Fusion/Modern Partner Dance ... actually just about any kind of partner dancing that I'm aware of.... WCS, Lindy, etc etc.

Thank you for your suggestions, James, and for continuing to get more information about the possible release of these features.
RhythmicNature

Postby jsr7096 on 22 Apr 2014, 00:29

As it's been over a year I am wondering if we're any closer at all to seeing the autoplay/mix functions improved?

I really do love the look and feel of Cross DJ but this (to me) is basic functionality for some of us and is making VDJ attractive :(

The ability to activate automode without disrupting the current playing track.

The ability to configure the transition from one track to the next, e.g. cutting out silence, mixing/fading dynamically and/or respecting a marker like "cue start".
jsr7096

Postby DjPalo on 04 Sep 2014, 04:52

I am wondering if we're any closer at all to seeing the autoplay/mix functions improved?

I really do love the look and feel of Cross DJ but this (to me) is basic functionality for some of us

+1

Just spending the day to test CrossDJ, I love it in many way, but the lack of a "conventional" automix like in Traktor or VDJ is a deal breaker for me
DjPalo

Postby Hanginon on 03 Aug 2016, 14:46

Today is August 3, 2016. No fix for Autoplay yet (to prevent transitioning to the next song as soon as it's engaged)? Really??
Hanginon

Postby DJ Vintage on 04 Aug 2016, 10:04

This is just my opinion, let me state that up front.

I think autoplay in DJ software (a tool for the working DJ) is a feature that allows you to do other things while the audience is still eating, enjoying after-dinner coffee. It can come in handy if you need to have music playing at a venue during the day, while your gig is not til the evening. Toss in a few easy-listening albums, hit shuffle and set autoplay.

It can also help you if you need a bathroom break like really badly, although if this happens I'd rather play a long (of course home-made) prerecorded mix.

The Autoplay feature of Cross is complete enough for these purposes. Haven't tried it, but I recall even seeing an option for beatmatched transitions?

If you need more elaborate automated track play, DJ software might not be the tool to do it. There are plenty of (gastronomy) systems out there that allow you to go totally overboard with pre-planned automated playlists.

Personally I would be sad if lots of time, money and effort would be put in improving something so relatively insignificant as autoplay features at the expense of developing new and excting main DJ features.

Again, just my two cents worth.
DJ Vintage

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions