Cross DJ with U-Mix Control 2 via Apogee Duet 2 USB MIDI

Mixvibes iOS / Android apps for smartphones and tablets: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ with U-Mix Control 2 via Apogee Duet 2 USB MIDI

Postby S-boogie on 24 Jun 2013, 18:48

Hello.

First of all thank you for your great app, it truly the best sounding DJ app on iOS market now. However it would be great if it's setting could be more flexible.

The thing is that I have just got U-Mix Control 2 and trying to get it to work with CrossDJ via Apogee Duet 2 USB MIDI port. And it works - Duet 2 seems to have enough power to feed Control 2 and all MIDI enabled iPad apps (Cubasis, etc.) receive the MIDI messages from Control 2 just fine, except CrossDJ. I think that the reason for it is that there is no way to select MIDI Input in CrossDJ (to make Cubasis see Control 2 I have to set the channel MIDI input to "Duet 2").

So the question is - is it possible to make such an option anytime soon? Because CrossDJ + Duet 2 + U-Mix Control 2 is definitely the greatest iPad DJ combo that exists at the moment.

Please let me know ASAP, cause I have very small time for the moneyback.
S-boogie

Re: Cross DJ with U-Mix Control 2 via Apogee Duet 2 USB MIDI

Postby UncleVibes on 24 Jun 2013, 20:11

Thanks for all your nice comments. CrossDJ follow month after months it's development and will be able later or sooner to control MIDI devices on iOS with mappings as in the PC/Mac version. It's all I can say to day. In the to do list!
UncleVibes

Postby S-boogie on 25 Jun 2013, 12:35

Thanks for your reply. Please do it ASAP because right now there is no way to get Cross DJ controlled by hardware and get it charged at the same time, I know that your Control Pro 2 can be connected via Camera Kit, but CK = no charging and all decent controllers connected via interface cable (like Vestax Spin 2 or Numark iDJ Pro) are for Djay which is laggy and smashes the transients and recently announced NI Traktor DJ (with hardware Z Kontrol) does not have pitch faders! Please push on with MIDI control in iPad!
S-boogie

Postby UncleVibes on 25 Jun 2013, 13:38

We know where we are and where we go...
UncleVibes

Postby renandj22 on 08 Jul 2013, 14:28

UncleVibes wrote:Thanks for all your nice comments. Cross DJ follow month after months it's development and will be able later or sooner to control MIDI devices on iOS with mappings as in the PC/Mac version. It's all I can say to day. In the to do list!
renandj22

Postby DJ Vintage on 16 Sep 2013, 22:15

renandj22 wrote:
UncleVibes wrote:Thanks for all your nice comments. Cross DJ follow month after months it's development and will be able later or sooner to control MIDI devices on iOS with mappings as in the PC/Mac version. It's all I can say to day. In the to do list!

Can you at least hint if there will be a landscape mode (otherwise useless in the iDJ Pro :-).

Greetinx,
C.

<my other setup is Denon SC-2900s with X1600>
DJ Vintage

Postby cyberpete on 15 Nov 2014, 15:02

Hi guys, is possible to connect the U-Mix Control Pro 1 together with the tablet - Cross DJ for android? or be functioning Cross DJ for android only with U-Mix Control Pro 2? I wrote me "no device detected" :(
Thanx for answering. Peter
cyberpete

Return to Android/iOS Suggestions