Autoplay Feature

Suggest features and improvements

Autoplay Feature

Postby jsr7096 on 08 Apr 2013, 12:38

I know what I desire is not currently possible. Bringing this to its own thread to hopefully attract attention as a set of suggestions (there are two parts to it)

Scenerio:

Got a 4 minute song playing on deck A. I'm part way through but I need to step away from the laptop and I need to go now. I must keep the remainder of the deck A song playing as people are dancing.

1) I would like to be able to 'toggle/activate' Autoplay in a way that the current song can keep playing to the end (or its end-marker if that feature came!) and then the next track will load and play without me being there at the start of it.

2) The icing on the cake would be if there could be more controls how one track will transition to the next. Perhaps on a per-track basis (partially hence the end-marker idea). Crucial for myself is that each song is played in full (or maybe with an appropriate fade-out), then a very brief pause (e.g. one or two seconds depending on the songs) before the next song starts.
jsr7096

Re: Autoplay Feature

Postby RhythmicNature on 01 Jun 2013, 11:23

+1 (99999999)

Both suggestions are exactly what I need as well. I DJ for dances that require endings to songs and those endings need time for the previous dance to settle and the next dance to start. My pause time is more in the 8 second range tho.

Turning on Autoplay mid-stream - definitely also +1. Thank you!
RhythmicNature

Postby djwojo on 07 Jun 2013, 03:11

Great suggestions all. I would like to add that the mix feature of the auto play would be better if it could be set up as a beat increment and not number of seconds. Foe example 8 or 16 or 32 beats mix.
djwojo

Postby KevMaverick on 10 Jun 2013, 01:56

Sadly, I hate to admit it, VDJ has the best autoplay system going...
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

March 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

HP Pavilion dv6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Dual graphics Intel & Radeon
Beats Audio sound system
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
KevMaverick

Postby Support@MixVibes on 10 Jun 2013, 11:35

Please explain the differences.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Hannes on 10 Jun 2013, 23:18

djwojo wrote:Great suggestions all. I would like to add that the mix feature of the auto play would be better if it could be set up as a beat increment and not number of seconds. Foe example 8 or 16 or 32 beats mix.

You can do that, simply change the sync-pattern in the preferences ;)
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby djwojo on 10 Jun 2013, 23:50

Thanks. It works. But i was also talking about the fade time in the auto play mode. This way you would not need to ajust the fade time but you would always have steady 16 or 32 beat fade no matter the tempo of the song.
djwojo

Postby KevMaverick on 19 Jun 2013, 15:01

Support@MixVibes wrote:Please explain the differences.

Sorry it's taken so long to reply...

VDJ has a playlist window which performs two functions - it can be a waitlist, or an autoplay/automix window. It can be locked in place, or activated when you move the mouse to the right of the screen.

An entire playlist can be dragged to this window, or tracks can be added one by one, even during a performance. A single click will start the autoplay function and preload the next track, and the celver thing here is that it does this only on the currrently playing deck - leaving the other free for karaoke or video.

There are various options - automix type - varying from a full smart mix, to a simple fade, and the times of the fade can be adjusted, and also an option to remove the played tracks automatically.

It's by no means my favourite program, but this useful function really helps in a performance, especially one involving karaoke - due mainly to the distraction of dozens of people talking to me throughout the night! :)
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

March 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

HP Pavilion dv6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Dual graphics Intel & Radeon
Beats Audio sound system
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
KevMaverick

Postby jsr7096 on 27 Aug 2013, 22:22

Can I somehow politely enquire whether changes to the Autoplay Feature are currently being worked on, or will soon?

I love Cross DJ but the inability if needed to toggle an auto-mode without waiting for a track to finish is a major disadvantage to myself and perhaps other non-club style DJs.

VDJ does it, but I don't like the rest of VDJ's look and feel. You are almost perfect apart from this!

Current version of Autoplay can only be used if you stop the current track and then start it.
jsr7096

Postby daniel clark on 27 Aug 2013, 22:37

:cool: have you tried this in the later versions ,kinda remembering starting auto play ,while a current track was playing ,, :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor