Windows 8 + touch screen

Suggest features and improvements

Windows 8 + touch screen

Postby pwebb on 18 Jun 2012, 15:57

I am using Cross 1.17 and 2.0 rc on windows 8 with a large 21" touch screen ( AOC) which is a great combo - and works great with the control pro slung underneath the AOC screen . However it would be better still if the on-screen controls were a little larger and easier to 'click on' using the touch screen - as I have chunky fingers and some of the controls are just too small.
scrolling through song selections etc and drag and drop onto the 'decks' works great on the touch screen but other things are just too fiddly - so I revert to the control pro underneath.

Maybe it would be good to have an alternative skin for windows 8 touch users in future - or an option for all touch screen users ( win7 too) to load up a more touch-friendly interface ???
pwebb

Re: Windows 8 + touch screen

Postby daniel clark on 18 Jun 2012, 18:18

:cool: :idea: :?: what resolution do you have the screen set at/Cross software set at :?: :?: :?: ,,maybe off topic but movable screens,to use multiable displays, might help with the starting to have screen clutter/lack of space,,
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby BennyB on 19 Jun 2012, 00:19

Yes. Sometimes the biggest resolution is not the best.
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby pwebb on 19 Jun 2012, 23:31

its a good point as the screen's native resolution is 1920x1080 - but to be honest as its a wide screen display I don't want to reduce screen resolution as that would leave very little vertical screen rel-estate and thus not much room for the file /library at the bottom - plus the screen works best at native resolution - will maybe post a few pics to show what I mean. fwiw - the smaller and more compressed controls in ver 2.0 (RC) of Cross ( compared with 1.7) exacerbate this problem further so I may well have to bump the resolution down to make everything appear somewhat bigger on screen. Or maybe I should grow some long pointy fingernails !
pwebb

Postby daniel clark on 20 Jun 2012, 00:35

:cool: :cool: :idea: :?: some touch screens have ability to use pointing devices ,,similiar to a pen,,might aide in using ,,better than long finger nails :mrgreen: :mrgreen: sooo un manily :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby pwebb on 21 Jun 2012, 17:09

OK I have resolved this satisfactorily via unexpectedly easy route -

As windows has the ability to scale items anyway - I have been experimenting with using the option to scale everything up whilst keeping the native 1920x1080 resolution ( fwiw I tried lowering screen resolution but this resulted in nasty fuzzy display and loss of screen real-estate) - Thankfully - Cross respects the Windows UI ability to scale all dialogues and menus etc - so I have fine tuned the scaling to about 130% in the personalisation settings ( display) as 125% was still making the controls too small for touch screen and 150% was reducing the library area too much - am much happier now and get to keep the nice crisp 1920x1080 resolution.

I have to say I still prefer the silver/grey background and more spacious control area of Cross 1.7 rather than the more busy and cramped 2.0 with black background - it would be nice to have the new features with the old interface - but I guess you can't please everyone.
I have posted some pics up on the tips forum so you can see what I am whining about and the differences in display between various levels of scaling
cheers

pics here: http://forum.mixvibes.com/viewtopic.php?f=355&t=24500
pwebb

Return to Suggestions