Bay Area Mixvibes DJ contest!!!

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Bay Area Mixvibes DJ contest!!!

Postby DjCzar on 18 Dec 2011, 22:17

Is there ever going to be a competition up here in northern california?? and if so there should be 2 kinds; mixing/remixing contest and scratching contest! How many people in california have Mixvibes??????
DjCzar

Re: Bay Area Mixvibes DJ contest!!!

Postby DjCzar on 23 Dec 2011, 06:02

DjCzar wrote:Is there ever going to be a competition up here in northern california?? and if so there should be 2 kinds; mixing/remixing contest and scratching contest! How many people in california have Mixvibes??????

I also think there should be 2 other sub cadegories: PC and Mac. just saying because there is a difference between the 2.
DjCzar

Postby dj_cross_fade on 28 Apr 2012, 22:51

i hope one day . man a blend off would be great :D
i stream my mixes and Gameplay at http://www.hitbox.tv/MediaHeadzTv
at Hitbox.tv you get no copy right strikes and im working on making a DJ community there
dj_cross_fade

Postby phadedvision on 11 May 2012, 00:37

DjCzar wrote:I also think there should be 2 other sub cadegories: PC and Mac. just saying because there is a difference between the 2.

It doesn't matter which OS Cross is running on, it's still Cross, making it an issue of talent/skill than a computer contest. :rolleyes:
phadedvision

Re: Bay Area MixVibes DJ contest!!!

Postby DjCzar on 19 Apr 2013, 19:32

I think Mixvibes should consider sometime in the future to do a DJ Competition. Have a lot of Media to Promote the company. This event can become a major one if Mixvibes would like to take on the US market, Maybe just California for now. There are a few large metropolitan Areas where this event can take place.
I believe in this company!
This is something that i can't really say about a lot of other Software and hardware companies.
I know there is a small # of DJ's here in the U.S. I have asked around in plenty stores. Most stores don't sell Cross because they are afraid of "the new guys" its an Underdog Company witch i love because it becomes more intimate with the technical support and the company when it comes to the program it self.

Everytime i bust out with my program to play some music the first thing people say" Ohh cool, you have Serato!" i get a little mad and tell them that it's not called Serato it's called Mixvibes Cross. it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to get it, unlike the other program!!!
DjCzar

Re: Bay Area MixVibes DJ contest!!!

Postby discopex on 20 Apr 2013, 03:53

Hey, Mixvibes is the industry's best kept secret! :mrgreen:
Thinkpad X240, 8 Gb / 512Gb SSD
running Cross 3.4.3 64-bit
Allen & Heath K2, Pioneer DJM-450
discopex

Return to General Chat