i cannot beat jog on Vfx software using timecode vinyl

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

i cannot beat jog on Vfx software using timecode vinyl

Postby vjbadboy on 17 Apr 2012, 21:55

hi there!

in "all relative mode" my problem is when ever i spin back the timecode vinyl to its cue point where i put sticker (for guide), it doesnt play exactly where it should be,

in "absolute mode" the problem is the needle is in the edge of vinyl so its nearly possible to jump that can distract to the routine.

in "relative mode" the problem is same with all relative, if you spin back the vinyl, the software stops at cue point even if your still spinning back the vinyl, so when you stop spinning the vinyl thats the new cue point and not the original cue point where i put sticker guide.

its hard to explain, hope u understand!

thanks!
Last edited by vjbadboy on 17 Apr 2012, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
vjbadboy

Re: i cannot beat jog on Vfx software using timecode vinyl

Postby vjbadboy on 18 Apr 2012, 20:09

is there a way for the software to still run backwards even if it reaches the cue point when im spinning back the vinyl?

i think its the only way to do beat juggling on Vfx.

pls. help... just want to do a little diffrent because im joining a competition here in our local country philippines. i will raise the flagship of mixvibes!

thank you very much!
vjbadboy

Postby vjbadboy on 24 Apr 2012, 06:04

community@mixvibes pls reply!

just want to know is there a way for the playing file on Vfx to spin backwards even if it reaches the cue point? so that i can do the beat juggling on video,

sorry for asking just want to do diff. style for our local competition, hope u understand.

thanks for your support, cheers!
vjbadboy

Postby Support@MixVibes on 24 Apr 2012, 11:07

vjbadboy wrote:hi there!

in "all relative mode" my problem is when ever i spin back the timecode vinyl to its cue point where i put sticker (for guide), it doesnt play exactly where it should be,

Hence the name relative.

in "absolute mode" the problem is the needle is in the edge of vinyl so its nearly possible to jump that can distract to the routine.

In the old MV7 there was an offset but not available anymore into Vfx.

in "relative mode" the problem is same with all relative, if you spin back the vinyl, the software stops at cue point even if your still spinning back the vinyl, so when you stop spinning the vinyl thats the new cue point and not the original cue point where i put sticker guide.

May be you should leave the cue point at the begining of the track and use a locator for your sticker view.
Support@MixVibes

Postby vjbadboy on 24 Apr 2012, 16:49

thanks for your reply,

yes i have set all my cue point in the beggining of all my track. the problem is when i spin back the vinyl unto the beggining of the track it stops when reaching the cue point even if i still spinning back the vinyl.

i use traktor before and traktor is spinning backwards even if it reaches the cue point. but now im a vj and Vfx is my software now. so i really like to do it in Vfx, thanks!

hope there is another way.
vjbadboy

Postby Support@MixVibes on 24 Apr 2012, 17:14

That's why I told you to not use the cue as the starting point but a locator and put the cue one turn back or at the beginning of the groove.
This way you can go beyond the locator that will be your starting point.
Support@MixVibes

Postby vjbadboy on 24 Apr 2012, 17:40

ok ill try the locator and move the cue to another place, i will try it hope it would work for beat juggling,

thank u very much!
vjbadboy

Postby vjbadboy on 27 Apr 2012, 20:05

it seems like locator is better, but the thing is after spinning back the vinyl to its position for 3 or more times the locator point was not on the sticker guide it moves and moves a little every spin backwards, so same problem, it doesnt stick to its position. i tried all the adjustment but i think its the latency..

anyway i started using absolute mode then i edited my video to start at 5minutes position so the needle is in the middle of the vinyl,

atleast theres a way, thanks anyway!!

hope mixvibes will adjust the cue point to still reverse even if it reaches the end of the starting file (on their next Vfx update) so that it will be more comfortable on battle djs, (like the serato and traktor)

just a suggestion, thanks mixvibes! cheers!
vjbadboy

Postby vjbadboy on 02 May 2012, 21:09

consider this solved!

thanks!
vjbadboy

Postby Support@MixVibes on 03 May 2012, 14:29

I have opened a ticket to add a lead-in or an offset settings for the vinyl users?
Support@MixVibes

Next

Return to Community Support