Cross V.2 preview

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Cross V.2 preview

Postby hemskoc on 11 Apr 2012, 15:11

Hey all. Havent been here for a while, but great to hear the news about 2.0....Awesome work team MV.
Hope it goes well ;)
Please Register software serial# before asking for help on the forum
(User Control Panel>Profile>Serial#)

ASUS i7 ROG G51,4G ram
Samsung 256gSSD +320g Dual HD's
Edirol FA66 FWire @ 48.kHz + U46 MK2
U-Mix Control Pro 2
Korg PadKontrol
Numark DXM06
Technics 1200 mkII X 2
Ortofon Digiscratch carts
Tapco Thump Powered Monitors
HD 25 cans

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
hemskoc

Postby Activated Soundwave on 11 Apr 2012, 16:46

To Dev Team:
Good to know, I can imagine how quick it will be to get a good sample Collection together with Ease,
My only Concearn is:
Okay if a sample is saved on the fly not alot can be done time wise with renaming etc during a live set, , but It would be nice to be able in the future to maybe check a box in the Setup menu to have option to ask to rename sample befor saving, Just makes file managment that much better, as i myself have allsorts of little code names and abreaviated info i like to add to a sample coming from my ableton live side.

At the moment iam still trying to get to grips with Cross and Its File managment system, not doing too good at present, i added aload of tags to my Mp3 genra/group(My Subgroup)/comment/ but i can not get the smartlist to show up genral info, it is not working for me, something simple like breakbeat folder created as smart crate, would not find my genra tags as breakkbeat etc,
Probally something i am doing wrong, but at the moment its seeming a litle difficult, that and the screen space for browsing i would love to see me being able to compact that extra browse list to the left giving more space to see tags and the ability that once i have setup my shown tags they save for all brwoser views, evertime i go to a diferent loaction i get all the unwanted tags again hogging up my space, quite a tediouse process, anyhow just my thoughts, and waiting on V2 to really get to grips and share some more feedback to improve Cross in the future.
thanks for your reply and your hard work to improve Cross, getting better and better Dev Team
My mix page
http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

FAQ - http://mixvibes.com/faq/
Cross DJ user manual
http://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uplo ... manual.pdf

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

I do not use video at present so in my experience I only refer to mixing audio
Activated Soundwave

Postby moseek on 12 Apr 2012, 18:22

Sehr geil, war schon kurz davor doch auf Traktor umzusteigen, weil ich mir auch nen 4-Kanal-Controller kaufen will. Aber ich liebe Cross, habe damit warum auch immer viel mehr Spaß als mit Traktor. Dann kann ich ja dabei bleiben, auch mit 4-Kanal-Controller, super, hoffe kommt bald!!! :mrgreen:
moseek

Postby JuniorPops on 12 Apr 2012, 20:29

Any idea when Cross 2.0 would be ready for download.
JuniorPops

Postby christiankoopmann on 12 Apr 2012, 20:56

It will be ready when nearly all bugs are found and the test phase is ended and the Dev team can present a stable version. This will be in the near future (maybe summer 2012). But this is NOT an official statement of MixVibes just my intention about the status of the tests and so on.

Regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby DjCzar on 15 Apr 2012, 04:21

So far when i read the review sort of, everything sounds legit and stable. i cant wait to get it on my hands, to be able to use 4 players and 2 of them can be assigned for samples or complete tracks. All i care is that my program never has crashed in a packed venue!!! Im not trying to be mean im just being honest.
DjCzar

Postby Hannes on 15 Apr 2012, 11:37

To clear things up a bit:

Decks 3/4 are not switchable, they are sample-decks, but will also allow to play whole tracks in each slot, so theoretically you can mix up to 18 songs. Hyper mashup :cool:

Beta-testing is going very well so far, no big issues, only some tweaks to be done.
I dont kow the official scheduling, but out of experience I´d say it´s another 3-4 weeks until the first RC should be ready.
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby BennyB on 15 Apr 2012, 21:10

j-kut wrote:To clear things up a bit:

Decks 3/4 are not switchable, they are sample-decks, but will also allow to play whole tracks in each slot, so theoretically you can mix up to 18 songs. Hyper mashup :cool:

Beta-testing is going very well so far, no big issues, only some tweaks to be done.
I dont kow the official scheduling, but out of experience I´d say it´s another 3-4 weeks until the first RC should be ready.

Roger Sanchez Style - He mixes from 4 decks, still not enough :D
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby Dj db on 17 Apr 2012, 07:38

Hi!
What an awesome software, can wait to get my hands on this one. Great work team MV.
Is this going to be an update from 1.7.1 to 2.0 or do we need to purchase the software?
Thanks,
Brian.
Dj db

Postby UncleVibes on 17 Apr 2012, 09:13

Is this going to be an update from 1.7.1 to 2.0 or do we need to purchase the software?

When ready it will be a free update.
UncleVibes

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat