Cross DJ not reckognizing U-Mix Control Pro

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ not reckognizing U-Mix Control Pro

Postby ellinokentrikos on 15 Mar 2012, 00:45

hi,

i ve bought umixcontrolpro that came with crossdj1.5.1 half a year ago.Back then everything was connected to a prehistoric toshiba laptop running win xp and without even meeting the controllers requirements(low ram).Everything worked though except Cross DJ was slow as hell.
I really liked the controller but not the Cross DJ program. I still do not want to use Cross DJ but as you know nobody helps with mapping virtualdjpro so in my desperation i decided to use crossdj by getting a newer hp laptop running win 7 professional 32bit,and 2 gigabytes ram, hoping to load tracks faster etc.
The problem is that even though i ve installed U-Mix Control Pro 1.0.3 volume panel, updated controller's firmware to 4.2 , and downloaded crossdj 1.7.1, the volume panel does not alow me to adjust any input-output volume level and says ''device unplugged'' meaning that it does not reckognize the controller's soundcard. Moreover crossdj , while in audio options, says ''unable to find the U-Mix Control Pro sound card'' even though it has it as an option in the dropdown list of the audio preferences. Everything else concerning crossdj and the function of the controller's soundcard in my PC seems fine, meaning that windows reckognizes the device and uses it to process sound.Even vdj reckognizes the soundcard and works with it. Only crossdj turns me down.. Any help appreciated..

Thanks
ellinokentrikos

Re: Cross DJ not reckognizing U-Mix Control Pro

Postby daniel clark on 15 Mar 2012, 02:14

:cool: :cool: check to see that windows is not using the U-Mix sc as defalt sc, if it is take it out as the default and put the installed sc as default,,.then open the software and check the start up check for mixvibes products,in preferences /audio. restart software and see if it comes online in MIDI perferences :cool: :cool: :idea: i think your not getting it online because its being used by the windows sound and not avaible for the software :idea: just a hunch ,check thease thing out and let us know how it goes :!: if not well more info please to help you futher :?: :cool: :cool:

:eek: :twisted: :twisted: kinda tried to duplicate the senerio i suggested as the solution, seems to reconize the sc even if checked in as default sc in windows,,, :idea: have to uncheck "use M V sc atstart up to see if that will duplicate it :idea:
no luck :neutral: :neutral:

:?: :?: is in the drop down menue the umixlisted as a asio device :?: at the bottom of the drop down,, :?: :?:

just a thought do you have any other usb devices connected :?: :?: is there wi fi active while running software ,web cam ,, :?: :?:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby UncleVibes on 15 Mar 2012, 09:57

When in asio mode U-Mix Control Pro can't be used if windows use it as the default sound card. Daniel is right.
Check this first as your device seems to be recognized by other software.
UncleVibes

Postby ellinokentrikos on 17 Mar 2012, 23:32

Hi guys,

sorry for getting back late, anyway let me try to explain the problem. As for which soundcard is set as the default one, i've tried what you re saying plus all possible permutations between default device, just active, disabled etc between the two soundcards, same thing no difference. Cross DJ as i said earlier has an option under preferences/audio for U-Mix Control Pro but that does not mean anything since i cannot select it.When i do i get the message ''error while opening mix vibes ASIO U-Mix Control Pro'' and underneath it says ''unable to find U-Mix Control Pro soundcard''. Answering your question yes the software does reckognize it as an asio device, as my previous laptop did( but then it worked).
I ve just restarted the system having selected the original soundcard as the default one, exactly the same situation.
No other device is connected, i was planning to keep this laptop just for music without unnecessary stuff so no wifi webcams etc..
What concerns me most is the fact that the u-mixcontrol volume panel , no matter how many times i ve uninstalled all mixvibes related data and then reinstalled them(having done so at times even using the older drivers from my mixvibes cd or using the more recent drivers plus updated firmware from the download center), has never reckognized the controller's soundcard! Specifically when i doubleclick on the icon top right of windows main toolbar, the window popping out (the one with the input-output volumes) remains idle with both volume levers turned down and a message saying ''device unplugged'' at the center of the window..Since the volume panel isn t reckognizing the device i dont think the DJ software will ever work..On the other hand i can hear internet audio streams through the umixcontrol sc and any other audio program reckognizes the device as ''mixvibes ASIO U-Mix Control Pro'' and can put sound through it. I dont know what else there is to say, here are specs of the laptop :
ms windows 7 32bit sp1, intel core duo cpu T2600 @ 2.16Ghz, 2 Mb ram,Mobile intel 945 chipset family..

I quit from trying to fix it myself thats all i know guys..
ellinokentrikos

Postby Blackbrook on 17 Mar 2012, 23:49

I guess you did no complete uninstallation including cleaning the registry and installing the new driver to a different location on your harddisk,
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby ellinokentrikos on 19 Mar 2012, 01:28

Well i ve uninstalled all mixvibes data from my hard disk. Then using ccleaner i ve cleaned the registry. After reading your message i did install the new drivers in a different location of the hard disk and tried to see if the volume panel would reckognize the device..Guess what..nothing happened..all the same as i describe in the previous message.Anything else that might work?
ellinokentrikos

Postby ellinokentrikos on 19 Mar 2012, 02:10

Ok , something wasnt mentioned before..After installing the drivers at a new position(i.e. from c:/programs/mixvibes/ ,changed to just C:/mixvibes) , then i turn on the control pro and windows7(cursed) automatically finds and installs whatever it thinks is the best driverset for the device..This happened before but the procedure is very quick and i had not noticed.Can this be the fault? I tried to disable this automatic driver install feature from windows 7 control panel-->system-->advanced where there is an option of never allowing automatic driver installation but the damn thing does not work.Window keeps installing them automatically..I ll try to find another way to do that, in the meantime any info could be helpful..
ellinokentrikos

Postby daniel clark on 19 Mar 2012, 03:16

:cool: :cool: :eek: do not have win 7 ,no info here . :?: :?: what os were you using on the computer that it worked on :?: :?:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby ellinokentrikos on 19 Mar 2012, 03:34

i used xp when it worked..As for the present , i managed to disable the automatic driver installation setting from windows..I did everything from the beginning..uninstalling and reinstalling everything(plus cleaning registry again)..and now windows detects the device but none of its drivers..Alright! :eek: ..that means i have a problem with windows..it seems the only way the drivers can be installed is if win7 does this automatically..Is there another way to make sure i have the driver installed in the correct path or something? Maybe i m having a problem with win7 here and not with mixvibes..
ellinokentrikos

Postby daniel clark on 19 Mar 2012, 03:42

:cool: :cool: that might be the source of the delima :idea: not computer savy enuff or familiar with win 7,to help,, try to leave any info as to whhat you have tried so far so the info is there for some one who is more familiar :cool:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor