U-Mix Remote EQ Issues

Mixvibes iOS / Android applications for iPhone and iPad: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: U-Mix Remote EQ Issues

Postby daniel clark on 13 Oct 2011, 02:00

:cool: :cool: part of the solution would be to see how it is working/not working/ the more info the better, :cool: :cool: it will get figured out :cool: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby flysamurai on 13 Oct 2011, 17:53

This morning... tried to connect Remote to Cross DJ on my desktop and got a "failed networking" error that it was "unable to connect to peer" - even though the computer can be seen on the main page! I've also noticed that sometimes after a failed connection the program recognizes the iPad for a split-second as a potential connection

Trying to connect to desktop this morning, typically first time I click on the computer to connect it says "Cross Disconnected!" then iPad flashes as server option, then click the computer again, it thinks for a bit then stops keeping me on the main screen, then the third time i click it loses itself in a thinking loop. Totally unrelated to EQ, but a little buggy.

Tried my laptop. Connection almost immediate and I'm able to adjust the EQs. Will try again at work - could it potentially be the server I'm using?

However, I just found out if I exit U-Mix Remote, it crashes Cross DJ. Not sure if there's a fix so much as a need to disconnect from Cross DJ before disconnecting U-Mix.
flysamurai

Postby flysamurai on 13 Oct 2011, 18:37

So no, doesn't work at work again. There's no place like home...

Even tried creating a network from my laptop instead of using office wifi - still no dice on the EQ dials. Except when I'm at home! So frustrating... had wanted to use the iPad to practice while listening to music at work :(
flysamurai

Postby daniel clark on 13 Oct 2011, 23:45

:cool: :cool: :mrgreen: must be nice ,,,glad to see the ambition,,but remember what pays the bills :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby djegun on 14 Oct 2011, 17:16

Hi guys,
- If you use a router / server to connect it, it should work but the latency will be high or very high. We advise to create a wifi hotspot with the laptop (as indicated in the documentation embedded in the application).
- About the knobs problem, please do the following test:
do you have the same issue when moving the sliders (crossfader, volume), ie no refresh on Cross?
If you have the same issue, we have already noted it and it will be fixed for the next update (and any connection problems). The new version will be released soon.
djegun

Postby flysamurai on 15 Oct 2011, 02:16

Thanks for the reply. I tried the hotspot and still could not get the EQ/Gain knobs to work. The crossfader and volume sliders work, but the gain, treble, middle bass knobx do not. Thanks again!
flysamurai

Postby jiel on 25 Oct 2011, 15:57

I have just send you a PM, a beta version has been released to fix the issue.
If you are interested, you can take part to our betatest program.
jiel

Previous

Return to iOS Discussion