Cross DJ setup with iPad remote

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ setup with iPad remote

Postby cross360 on 05 Jul 2011, 15:00

I am trying to setup my Cross DJ and iPad remote on my laptop with my normal internal soundcard. If I'm using my Virtual DJ and Virtual DJ remote i use the setup split mono then plug my left becomes my left deck and the right my right deck so then i can just plug it into my mixer with another splitter. This make me able to use my mixer with the cue etc... how can I acheive something similar with Cross DJ and iPad remote..? I like more your software to mix but can't get it to work the way i would like too....

Im using a normal lenovo I5 laptop and
a Mixer Behringer 3 channel + iPad 2
cross360

Re: Cross DJ setup with iPad remote

Postby Jim B on 05 Jul 2011, 15:57

How have you set your Audio Routing up in CrossDJ?
Jim B

Postby community@MixVibes on 05 Jul 2011, 16:08

Hello, if you want to use your U-Mix Remote, you need to configure it with Cross DJ, if your U-Mix Remote does not work, please do a screen shot of your setup in order for me to understand why your setup is not working!
community@MixVibes

Postby cross360 on 05 Jul 2011, 16:52

Cross DJ and U-Mix Remote works perfectly but i cannot listen to the cue from my mixer... if i use split mono im not able to acheive what i can do with virtual DJ and remote virtual DJ... which is taking my stereo to RCA laptop cable and plug the left into line 1 of my mixer with a rca spliter then do the same with line 2 so i can use the full fonctionnality of my mixer... i did try to setup the routing in the setup but all my option didn't work properly...
cross360

Postby Hannes on 05 Jul 2011, 17:14

afaik this wont work in Cross.

You´ll need at least a interface with 2-stereo-outs.

I know it works in vdj, cause it then sends mono-signal for each channel, which you can of course split to "mono-stereo", but I´m not so shure how this degrades the sound.
Offtopic.HorsSujet!
from my experience splitting a mono-signal leads to rolled off highs, same goes if you take a stereo-signal and send it mono (anyone with a Pioneer djm will know what i mean)
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Return to Community Support