VCI-300 Glitch

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: VCI-300 Glitch

Postby djwcswing on 21 Feb 2011, 10:25

I asked previously if anyone knows when the U-Mix Control Pro will be available for purchase in the United States and I've received no response. Do you know?
djwcswing

Postby djwcswing on 21 Feb 2011, 10:31

FYI! Djay & Traktor Pro are not Vestax OEM software makers either but they somehow have been able to solve this problem. We can go back and forth on this but the bottom line is it can be done if these other softwares can do it so please don't continue to tell me Cross 1.5 can't solve this problem.
djwcswing

Postby sylMV on 21 Feb 2011, 11:49

djwcswing wrote:FYI! Djay & Traktor Pro are not Vestax OEM software makers either but they somehow have been able to solve this problem. We can go back and forth on this but the bottom line is it can be done if these other softwares can do it so please don't continue to tell me Cross 1.5 can't solve this problem.

Once more you didn't read me (or get me)...
I explained you the reason why it doesn't work in Cross.
I never wrote about OEM, that's not the point...
Please get back to my explanations!

I'm unfortunately not the one who can take the decision to add some custom code for some custom buggy controllers.

Cheers,
SylMV

sylMV

Postby Support@MixVibes on 21 Feb 2011, 12:01

FYI! Djay & Traktor Pro are not Vestax OEM software makers either but they somehow have been able to solve this problem.

Did they solve their jogs & scratch issues ???

I really don't understand what is so annoying with this.
Because a tiny bit (1 to 5% ?) of the other signal is still in the cue headphones make the software and the controller useless ?

You even call this a glitch... it's not like the pitch fader or the jog have jumps, skips or what.

I'm sorry but I have mixed hours with this setup and it had never been an issue, nor for all the guys that tried it. The main concern was the responsiveness of the jogs and controls and it is dead on.

So it's not 100% perfect in your eyes but it has reach the 99% mark what is not so bad even compared with the other non oem softwares.
Support@MixVibes

Postby djwcswing on 21 Feb 2011, 21:44

I have no problems with the jog wheels or scratching with the other softwares that use the VCI-300. I have no problems at all with the other softwares when using the VCI-300!

It's annoying because there are times when I just want to listen to what I'm previewing and not hear what's playing out the speakers through my headphones. Because it's not annoying to you doesn't mean it's not for me! If I accidentally forget and turn the actual Cue/Master knob, I have to shut down the software and re-open the software to get rid of the problem. THAT'S ANNOYING!

I agree that most of the functions of the 300 are useable with Cross and I appreciate that there is a map for it. I simply am pointing out a deficiency that I noticed in the mapping. You may not think it's a deficiency but if other softwares have solved that problem then as far as I'm concerned, your software doesn't perform as well as the others that don't have this problem.

And by the way, you're the one that sounds irritated that I'm complaining about it. Would I stop using Cross because of this one problem? No! Would Cross be better for me if it didn't have this problem? Yes.

I still haven't received an answer as to when the U-Mix Control Pro is available in the U.S. Does anyone know the answer to this question?
Since you work for MixVibes, do you think you could answer this question for me?
djwcswing

Postby Blackbrook on 21 Feb 2011, 22:44

Hello djwcswing,

I am sad that there is a problem with your VCI-300 and Cross. But

djwcswing wrote:Since you work for MixVibes, do you think you could answer this question for me?

please do not continue writing this way. We all in here would like to help you. Often it are problems of different languages and wrong expressions. It would be nice to get back to an objective conversation without irony (and hate).

Thanks!

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Support@MixVibes on 22 Feb 2011, 13:17

Sure I work @ MV, but I'm sorry I'm not into the sales/marketing loop so I don't have this information. I will ask someone who really know to come here and give you a strong answer on this.
Support@MixVibes

Postby djwcswing on 22 Feb 2011, 22:07

There is no "irony or hate" in my posts. Learn English a bit better and you'll understand not only what I'm saying but the content behind it!
I'm voicing my opinion about what you're saying is unsolvable and yet other softwares have solved.
As long as I'm not verbally abusive or cursing I have every right to express my opinion whether it be positive or negative. If you don't like or agree with what I'm I'm saying, then you don't have to respond to it. But I will continue to express my opinion whether you like it or not! And by the way, you opened a door when you said "I can't understand what you're annoyed about." I responded by saying what annoyed me.
djwcswing

Postby Jim B on 22 Feb 2011, 22:46

djwcswing wrote:As long as I'm not verbally abusive or cursing I have every right to express my opinion whether it be positive or negative.

Yes, you are correct, but member of the Dev team has given you a detailed explanation a few posts back, on why you are experiencing problems with your VCI.

If the Dev team was to solve this issue it would probably take a rewrite of Cross' coding which would possibly take weeks, if not months to do so and this is not including the testing as well. This would then hinder any more development on Cross.

Please get this thread back on track without trading polite insults or this thread will be closed!!!!!!!!
Jim B

Postby djwcswing on 23 Feb 2011, 00:22

And posting multiple exclamation points is not inflammatory?
djwcswing

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support