Xone23:c mapping

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Xone23:c mapping

Postby Christoph2018 on 08 Jun 2018, 05:01

I initially started on Cross LE that I received with my xone:23c mixer a couple of years ago, but lost it following a reformat and
now have Cross DJ 3.4.3. - 64 bit

I show MIDI mapping for the xone:23c, but the
lock is grayed out. :rolleyes:

Could someone tell me how to unlock the mapping?

(I believe all my specs are in my profile, but please
let me know if you need additional info)
Christoph2018

Re: Xone23:c mapping

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 10 Jun 2018, 05:29

Hi Christoph,

As far as I can tell the built in MIDI mapping for the Xone 23c is only for use with the K1/K2 controller when connected via X-link/ethernet to the mixer.

However if you want to unlock the mapping you can do so by hitting the x2 button on the bottom of the MIDI screen. That will duplicate the mapping so you can edit it, however if you are not using the K1/K2 with the mixer it would be easier to create a new mapping. In fact I was just able to find info from Allen & Heath where it sates the 23c does not actually send any MIDI on it's own.

Also since the Xone 23c is a dual channel mixer you should be able to route the audio in Cross DJ, eliminating the on screen mixer and relying on the 23c for EQing, fading, and pre-cueing a track in headphones.

Let us know if you need some help setting up the audio correctly, or if you are using the mixer with the K1/K2 controllers to send MIDI info.

Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby Christoph2018 on 10 Jun 2018, 14:31

Thanks for the clarification Adam. I don't have a K1 yet, but planning to order one soon.

Yes, any guidance in how to route the audio settings would be greatly appreciated.
Christoph2018

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 10 Jun 2018, 21:25

First make sure that you have the most recent driver from Allen & Heath. Once you do you need to select the Xone 23c as the sound device in Cross DJ, typically for windows it will also say ASIO in the device title.

Here are some screenshots to help show how to setup audio routing, where mine says "Soundflower" is where your settings should say something along the lines "ASIO Xone 23c"
Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 11.26.52 AM.png

All other settings should be the same as in my screenshot (yours might not display the extra cables coming out of the third box on the bottom but don't worry about that).

I have setup the Aux input as Input 1/Input 2 in this shot because the Xone 23c should use this input to listen to the record output by default. If it doesn't do this, then it is most likely setup for DVS use which is covered in the manual for the mixer.

With the Aux Input in Cross DJ listening to the Input 1/Input 2 on the mixer you can record your mix in Cross DJ without any extra cables, hardware, or software needed. Just make sure Cross DJ is set to record the Aux input on the recording page:
Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 11.26.31 AM.png

With this setup you will be able to record both decks in Cross DJ and I believe any analog inputs connected to the mixer, however I don't have one here with me to test that.

Let me know if you run into any issues or need any more clarification.

Adam @Mixvibes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Return to Mapping Midi