MIDI mapping for DDJ-RR

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

MIDI mapping for DDJ-RR

Postby durtyweakend on 19 Mar 2017, 21:37

Is there MIDI mapping for the DDJ-RR available??
durtyweakend

Re: MIDI mapping for DDJ-RR

Postby RoJeC on 19 Mar 2017, 22:04

No, this mapping has not been uploaded by a user.

It could be that it is for RecordBox use only. It might be FigDJ can inform you on this.

You could try mapping yourself using the Cross MIDI editor. By this you'll get to know if the MIDI is open for other programs.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby FigDJ on 20 Mar 2017, 15:17

A map for this controller does not exits but it is possible since all the pertinent MIDI documentation is available. I can create this map but need people with the controller for testing and de-bugging the map. Any volunteers?
FigDJ

Postby durtyweakend on 03 Apr 2017, 10:59

I'll be more than happy to help, can't live with rekordbox...

Mind you, having said that I can use mixvibes with DDJ RR on DDJ SB MIDI setting and haven't really trialled it yet so hold on until I've had a proper go at it !!

I've had a go with all the ddj presets and not much joy so i'm a willing guinea pig !!!!!!
durtyweakend

Postby yiinn on 04 Apr 2017, 14:56

Plus 1 for testing on DDJ-RR
yiinn

Postby FigDJ on 04 Apr 2017, 17:25

OK, I don't have the controller. So the 1st thing that needs to happen is that one of you create a new map in Cross with the controller connected. Press any button or slider to see if Cross detects the movement. If yes, label it DDJ-RR on the comment line provided and post it here. No additional command need to be map or tested. I am just looking for positive detection. Once you post this file, Ill take over the mapping.
FigDJ

Postby yiinn on 06 Apr 2017, 21:46

DDJ-RR(Pioneer).mappings
Thanks DJFig,

I think I've done it right. If not sorry, but let me know.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yiinn

Postby FigDJ on 07 Apr 2017, 17:48

yiinn wrote:
DDJ-RR(Pioneer).mappings
Thanks DJFig,

I think I've done it right. If not sorry, but let me know.

Thanks.

That was exactly what I needed.

For everyone listening, please bear with me as I am finalizing the MIDI map for my own new controller the DDJ-SZ2.

In the process of mapping my controller I found the secret sauce to illuminate the jog wheels for all the DDJ series controller just like in Serato or in Rekordbox but using Cross so I am very excited to apply the new finding to next gen maps in Cross.
It is Friday (around) here, I will be posting the 1st test file Monday around the same time.
FigDJ

Postby durtyweakend on 27 Jun 2017, 14:18

OK, so I took a peak and decided to have ago myself !!

I have version 3.4.3 of Mixvibes Cross (on 2012 MacBook Pro with latest OS) using the mapping section in software preferences and although it seems to map OK , the controllers in the software, i.e. on the screen, are jittery and don't react properly when moving the slider and knobs on the DDJ-RR.

A DDJ-RR controller tab shows in Cross preferences and I have created a DDJ-RR controller map and it appears relatively straightforward; Add mapping, select master volume (for example) move the knob, hit OK and it does map, but the visual display on the screen goes bonkers and moves all over the place !!

It's the same for all the mappings, pitch, crossfader, effects - is there a setting or something I am missing?

The DDJ-RR manual does state you can map to other software, i.e. that it is not exclusive to Rekordbox (which I don't particularly get on with)....any advice anyone??

Cheers,

Steve Shorter
durtyweakend

Postby FigDJ on 27 Jun 2017, 15:38

Looks in the settings section of the DDJ-RR user manual and make sure that you set up the controller for use with other than Rekordbox software.

There is a document from Mixvibes that refers to the DDJ-SX setup. The instructions to setup the DDJ-RR are exactly the same.
FigDJ

Next

Return to Mapping Midi