Denon MCX8000 Mapping

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Denon MCX8000 Mapping

Postby FigDJ on 12 Jan 2017, 16:35

Activated Soundwave wrote:
FigDJ wrote:I am still enjoying Puerto Rico's sunny weather. I gotten communication with Mixvibes about what is their intent but no action yet.

Thanks for the update,
it would be nice to find out what is happing with Mixvibes this year in the general sense, How dedicated are they to Cross and its development etc.

Hey Mixvibes just posted version 3.4.3 with support for DDJ-RZ and RX. Perhaps they will do the 8000 soon.
FigDJ

Postby djreff on 12 Jan 2017, 19:56

is there something we should be aware of ???
DJ reff
PC intel PC intel i7 3770k cpu @3.50ghz 8 gig ram mix vibe cross- denon MCX 8000 controller, with more than 40000dance tracks
djreff

Postby FigDJ on 12 Jan 2017, 20:28

djreff wrote:is there something we should be aware of ???

No, I was just mentioning that there has been some positive movement by Mixvibes so perhaps things are looking up.
FigDJ

Postby djreff on 12 Jan 2017, 21:10

FigDJ wrote:
djreff wrote:is there something we should be aware of ???

No, I was just mentioning that there has been some positive movement by Mixvibes so perhaps things are looking up.

thanks
DJ reff
PC intel PC intel i7 3770k cpu @3.50ghz 8 gig ram mix vibe cross- denon MCX 8000 controller, with more than 40000dance tracks
djreff

Postby FigDJ on 21 Jan 2017, 16:16

I can now resume working on this project. It will take me a couple days to summarize where we at up to this point. I though I was never going to post another map here but issues with Mixvibes are now resolved after their acknowledgment of my work.

However, this is a call for anyone out the that might be located close to me. I am in Maryland USA. Is there anyone out there interested in this map that is in the vicinity of my location? Perhaps we can get together and knock this out in a few hours. It is much easier to map when I have the controller at hand.

Or if anyone is willing to ship it to me to be map and then I will ship the controller back. I would take good care of it and will only keep it for the time that it would take me to do the mapping. PM me for details if that is an option.
FigDJ

Postby djreff on 21 Jan 2017, 20:40

FigDJ wrote:I can now resume working on this project. It will take me a couple days to summarize where we at up to this point. I though I was never going to post another map here but issues with Mixvibes are now resolved after their acknowledgment of my work.

However, this is a call for anyone out the that might be located close to me. I am in Maryland USA. Is there anyone out there interested in this map that is in the vicinity of my location? Perhaps we can get together and knock this out in a few hours. It is much easier to map when I have the controller at hand.

Or if anyone is willing to ship it to me to be map and then I will ship the controller back. I would take good care of it and will only keep it for the time that it would take me to do the mapping. PM me for details if that is an option.
great news, anxious to get my mcx in line with mix vibes

Not really a serato guy
DJ reff
djreff

Postby acemc on 27 Jan 2017, 01:40

Hey FigDJ, Just a big thumbs up to you for all your efforts in getting this mapping up & running for us 8000 users.
Just one thing to note regarding all your mapping efforts with the mode buttons. These buttons change color on thier own when selected. Wouldn't it just be easier to not map them at all & let the controller light them up itself?
MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
acemc

Postby FigDJ on 27 Jan 2017, 14:11

acemc wrote:Hey FigDJ, Just a big thumbs up to you for all your efforts in getting this mapping up & running for us 8000 users.
Just one thing to note regarding all your mapping efforts with the mode buttons. These buttons change color on thier own when selected. Wouldn't it just be easier to not map them at all & let the controller light them up itself?

That is a bit of information that I did not have and a great point. Remember I don't own the controller so I rely on information provided by those using it to map it correctly. I would have to map the mode change function but then as you suggested leave the led mapping to hardware response.

This is progress as it makes sense with the responses I been getting from the users.
FigDJ

Postby acemc on 27 Jan 2017, 18:11

I totally understand, making a mapping without a controller is whack!
That's why I thought I'd just let you know. After reading this entire thread I realised that you were trying to map the mode button led's when there really wasn't any need to. Unfortunately I realise that the pads all operate on same channel numbers, irrespective of the mode they're in. Which means we gonna have to map them with modifiers. Is there any way to map a modifier to turn another modifier off? Eg: when ML1 is pressed it, turns all other modifiers off & engages ML1. This is possible using 'conditions' in Traktor. This would negate the need to press the mode button twice. Anyway's I can certainly assist with the actual mapping (just don't know about the led's) - I actually tweaked your mapping a bit so that the jog responds in the correct direction (it was back2front) & sorted the sensitivity - It's not spot-on, but better. I can upload it if you like. Thanks again for your help.
MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
acemc

Postby FigDJ on 27 Jan 2017, 19:38

acemc wrote:I totally understand, making a mapping without a controller is whack!
That's why I thought I'd just let you know. After reading this entire thread I realised that you were trying to map the mode button led's when there really wasn't any need to. Unfortunately I realise that the pads all operate on same channel numbers, irrespective of the mode they're in. Which means we gonna have to map them with modifiers. Is there any way to map a modifier to turn another modifier off? Eg: when ML1 is pressed it, turns all other modifiers off & engages ML1. This is possible using 'conditions' in Traktor. This would negate the need to press the mode button twice. Anyway's I can certainly assist with the actual mapping (just don't know about the led's) - I actually tweaked your mapping a bit so that the jog responds in the correct direction (it was back2front) & sorted the sensitivity - It's not spot-on, but better. I can upload it if you like. Thanks again for your help.

That is great, please upload your map. There is a way to use
In&Out mod(ShiftSelector) (Modifier) == "Shift Selector". I have to research a bit. Using this will put all deck in the same mode so every time you switch deck you have to be aware of which is the active mode before pressing the pads.
FigDJ

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi