Denon MCX8000 Mapping

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Denon MCX8000 Mapping

Postby Activated Soundwave on 28 Jan 2017, 13:56

Glad to be getting this sorted and glad you have sorted your differences FigDj :) . Thanks for jumping straight back on this :) .

And as per usual we can all pull together on this, I look forward to being able to use Cross again soon.

:)
My mix page
http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

FAQ - http://mixvibes.com/faq/
Cross DJ user manual
http://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uplo ... manual.pdf

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

I do not use video at present so in my experience I only refer to mixing audio
Activated Soundwave

Postby acemc on 29 Jan 2017, 22:19

Ok, so I did a little bit of tweaking to the jog wheel settings. It's a lot better than what it was, but sadly they do still seem to be very sensitive & def drift drastically when scratching - U won't be scratching with it like this, can't do any spin-backs either :( But to just cue up tracks etc... it's acceptable to use.I changed a couple of other things to my preference, like the needle search needs shift to be held down. The key lock button scrolls thru the pitch modes (which I feel is better in line with that buttons function). Stop Time knob I changed to adjust the brake only. Shift + Stop Time adjusts start up speed. Zoom In, Zooms in on the waveform, Shift + Zoom In = Zoom out. I was playing around with x-fader start, it needs shift to be held down in order for it to work. Move fader towards middle - track starts. Move fader back to the side, the track goes back to its cue point. Please test this & let me know what u think. It's only active on decks 1 & 2 for now.
FigDj - Something I noticed is that there is a led conflict between the controller & software on the output/master leds. Can you try disabling the master out leds in the software for us. This and the mode led's are lit up by the controller itself. I also noticed Hotcue led's turn off when pressing the shift button. This is a bit of a problem, coz we hold shift to delete them. It would be nice to have the cue points lit up & only turn off when deleted or mode changed. I'll gladly help with doing led stuff if you can give me some documentation on how to make them work. You know basic principles & commands etc...
MCX8000(Denon DJ)(3).mappings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
acemc

Postby djreff on 30 Jan 2017, 01:18

acemc wrote:Ok, so I did a little bit of tweaking to the jog wheel settings. It's a lot better than what it was, but sadly they do still seem to be very sensitive & def drift drastically when scratching - U won't be scratching with it like this, can't do any spin-backs either :( But to just cue up tracks etc... it's acceptable to use.I changed a couple of other things to my preference, like the needle search needs shift to be held down. The key lock button scrolls thru the pitch modes (which I feel is better in line with that buttons function). Stop Time knob I changed to adjust the brake only. Shift + Stop Time adjusts start up speed. Zoom In, Zooms in on the waveform, Shift + Zoom In = Zoom out. I was playing around with x-fader start, it needs shift to be held down in order for it to work. Move fader towards middle - track starts. Move fader back to the side, the track goes back to its cue point. Please test this & let me know what u think. It's only active on decks 1 & 2 for now.
FigDj - Something I noticed is that there is a led conflict between the controller & software on the output/master leds. Can you try disabling the master out leds in the software for us. This and the mode led's are lit up by the controller itself. I also noticed Hotcue led's turn off when pressing the shift button. This is a bit of a problem, coz we hold shift to delete them. It would be nice to have the cue points lit up & only turn off when deleted or mode changed. I'll gladly help with doing led stuff if you can give me some documentation on how to make them work. You know basic principles & commands etc...
MCX8000(Denon DJ)(3).mappings

will give it a try

many thanks
DJ reff
PC intel PC intel i7 3770k cpu @3.50ghz 8 gig ram mix vibe cross- denon MCX 8000 controller, with more than 40000dance tracks
djreff

Postby FigDJ on 30 Jan 2017, 03:50

acemc, thanks for posting. I will take a look at your map and worked on a combined version tomorrow.
FigDJ

Postby Activated Soundwave on 30 Jan 2017, 11:02

I will also see what else needs adding later today etc
Thanks for the support to get this controller up and running.

:)
My mix page

Cross DJ user manual

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

Activated Soundwave

Postby acemc on 30 Jan 2017, 11:28

FigDJ or anyone else that might know how to implement this.
Perhaps you can implement this or tell me how to do it.
I managed to get the SysEx command for All Fader request.
I think I must use "state request" but I'm note too sure how to send the data. Basically the parameters, channels & value - I'm unsure of what goes where. The SysEx command is: F0 00 20 7F 03 01 F7
This will ensure that the software adjusts it's faders & knobs to the exact position the hardware is in. Eliminating the need to move faders & knobs past the soft takeover point. Also is there any output command for the beat keeper or track / play head position? Then we can map the jog led's :)
MEMBER OF:
acemc

Postby FigDJ on 30 Jan 2017, 14:05

The following is just an example. in this case the parameter and the channel must be changed. The value is fine. perhaps whatever documentation you got that revealed the command will have the parameter and channel. I suspect it is channel 16 but don't know the parameter.
Code: Select all
        <device-event name="StateRequest">
          <MIDI type="Note" parameter="0x9" channel="0xc" value="127"/>
        </device-event>
FigDJ

Postby Activated Soundwave on 30 Jan 2017, 16:00

This is great that we have acemc on-board and can do some coding
Yes the state of the pots and faders is something to be addressed I hope you can sort this out .

In regards to acemc mapping all seems fine so far, I am also happy too see that sample banks selecting etc is still their, Key adjust is still their and the view button Functions are still their, all seems great as it is so far, less a few extra buttons spare we have for mapping the views I think.

the only areas too add too / improve on is the beat gridding functions where possible I think.

The pads are the main troubled areas we are /you both are still working on, I will have to take a back seat on these and just be a tester because I don't do codeing.

a Few things that are important for configuring later :
1) For sure we need to configure a way too have frequency rolls for samples once main pad mode buttons have been sorted, would probably need 2 neutral mod buttons or however else this could be achieved, but one idea:_ on the first mod etc we have the first 4 rows for the first 4 sample pads upper and lower pads for frequency roll direction. and same for the second mod etc, (but for sure we need this function for creativity on the fly).

2) we need to map functions for the preview player all via a pot + shift or mod + maybe 1-2 buttons also. If we don't use the sampler volume then this is a good start for volume and seek via shift and so on. ( I am hoping Mixvibes puts a sync on the preview player) like we have for samples, so I can do a quick mix all via headphones to save valuable time on the fly in knowing what sounds great together etc ) so that is where we maybe would need a second button but not to worry about now lol.

3) Sampler Volumes : Would it be possible to ;-
shift + pad + Sampler volume pot = Controls volume for the pad pressed ??
Or ? failing that once we have sorted out the pot and fader states as acemc suggests.
I say as a second choice - EQ pots and the filter would be another option for sampler levels.
But categorically the gain needs to be free on its own this I am 100% sure, as in my opinion and use I constantly have the gain tweaked through out a mix it is like a mini fader in keeping my mix balanced throughout each track mix in my long career this is vital if you are technically minded and all fader slamming, cutting etc. and I would also presume for the pro scratch artists. .

if you refer too the old mapping 20 we where half way their with the pads, although the colours where a bit of an obstacle but now acemc is with us I expect it will be worked out.

I am here to test and give my input, as I am rearing to get going and put things through a rigorous test when it comes to usability on the fly :D all I can really do after our last shenanigans lol, so
acemc is a valuable cog in the wheel doing some coding.

again thanks I appreciate the work that you will be doing as will others, good luck, I eagerly await the testing.
My mix page

Cross DJ user manual

Activated Soundwave

Postby FigDJ on 30 Jan 2017, 20:41

acemc wrote:.... I did a little bit of tweaking to the jog wheel settings. It's a lot better than what it was, but sadly they do still seem to be very sensitive & def drift drastically when scratching - U won't be scratching with it like this, can't do any spin-backs either :( But to just cue up tracks etc... it's acceptable to use.

Code: Select all
        <mapping name="L JOG WHEEL">
          <events>
            <MIDI type="Note" parameter="0x6" channel="0x1"/>
            <MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x6" channel="0x1"/>
          </events>
          <controls>
            <control alias="fam(Player)[0x1].ComboJog"/>
          </controls>
          <preset name="Touch">
            <parameters>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Backward Tick Increment Range" value="-1 -63"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Backward Value Range" value="64 127"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Built-in Period" value="0"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Forward Tick Increment Range" value="1 63"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Forward Value Range" value="63 1"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Has Null Value" value="off"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Move till Stop" value="on"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Ms Per Turn" value="1800"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Pitch Bend when No Touch" value="on"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Sensitivity" value="1"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Ticks Per Turn" value="2000"/>
              <parameter object="stop timer" key="Repeat Time" value="12"/>
            </parameters>
          </preset>
        </mapping>

The key to getting the jog wheel correct is to play with the values below until is right.
<parameter object="jog" key="Ms Per Turn" value="1800"/>
<parameter object="jog" key="Sensitivity" value="1"/>
<parameter object="jog" key="Ticks Per Turn" value="2000"/>

acemc wrote:.... I changed a couple of other things to my preference, like the needle search needs shift to be held down.
Don't what you mean please explain.

acemc wrote:....The key lock button scrolls thru the pitch modes (which I feel is better in line with that buttons function).
it certainly is a preference, I just tried to map it as it is labeled.
acemc wrote:....Stop Time knob I changed to adjust the brake only. Shift + Stop Time adjusts start up speed. Zoom In, Zooms in on the waveform, Shift + Zoom In = Zoom out.

The problem with using the commands this way is that ML1 will break the LEDs for the pads.

acemc wrote:....I was playing around with x-fader start, it needs shift to be held down in order for it to work. Move fader towards middle - track starts. Move fader back to the side, the track goes back to its cue point. Please test this & let me know what u think. It's only active on decks 1 & 2 for now.
Again I was mapping according to the way the controller is labeled. I don't have this controller so I can't test this.

acemc wrote:....FigDj - Something I noticed is that there is a led conflict between the controller & software on the output/master leds. Can you try disabling the master out leds in the software for us. This and the mode led's are lit up by the controller itself.
working on this, funny as the documentation points to mapping for controlling meter LEDs.

acemc wrote:.... I also noticed Hotcue led's turn off when pressing the shift button. This is a bit of a problem, coz we hold shift to delete them. It would be nice to have the cue points lit up & only turn off when deleted or mode changed. I'll gladly help with doing led stuff if you can give me some documentation on how to make them work.......
This is happening because you have ML1 into the code with the Shift button. That breaks all the LEDs that don't have ML1 included in the command line.

If you get the Jog Wheels working correctly, I can then use them in conjuction with the command Modshift selector to perform all kind of functions without affecting LED operations.
FigDJ

Postby acemc on 30 Jan 2017, 20:47

Thanks for the feedback guys.
FigDj - I did some reading up on System Exclusive messages, apparently the "F0" part of the Code tells the controller that it is a SysEx message. So I think that message has to be sent like that. I got that code using a MIDI monitor while connecting the controller to Serato. So sadly I have no documentation on it at all. However sending that exact message to the controller (using Bome's). The controller does return a value for all the pots & faders, so it is def the correct code. Im just not sure how to send it using Cross. Eg: Type "Sysex" instead of "Note"? I downloaded the Aliases list & am getting more familiar with the led's etc. If you can give me an example of the way - In&Out mod(ShiftSelector) (Modifier) == "Shift Selector" - should be used I'll try mapping the mode buttons.
We've made quite a bit of progress so far. Here's the most recent mapping I've done so far. The auto loop button flashes when engaged as does the adjust & slide led's, when adjust is pressed to show beat adjust mode is active. All 4 decks should be working quite nicely now. Engage 4 deck mode with shift & 3/4. However I'm still tinkering, so let me know if somethings not right.
MCX8000(Denon DJ)(12).mappings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by acemc on 30 Jan 2017, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
MEMBER OF:
acemc

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi