MIDI Mapping for Pioneer DDJ-RX/DDJ-RZ (BOUNTY)

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: MIDI Mapping for Pioneer DDJ-RX/DDJ-RZ (BOUNTY)

Postby Nuno Pereira on 21 Jun 2016, 02:17

FigDJ wrote:I can provide 2 maps for the DDJ-RX. One that provides the same functions as the current DDJ-SX setup. The second one will emulate the FX functions present in Rekordbox but of course using Cross. The second one is the way the controller is labeled.

If nobody is interested then I won't spend the time as all this mapping will need a tester to workout any bugs.

-----
i need that MIDI mapping as well. i can test that MIDI for you. :)
Nuno Pereira

Postby FigDJ on 21 Jun 2016, 02:47

The MIDI map is complete. However, there are a few caveats with it as the RX was designed to work with Rekordbox. Some of the Rekordbox functions can be emulated with Cross and this controller.

Knowing the many changes that are coming I am reluctant to release this map as the FX section would have to be completely re-done and people must decide it they want pad controller loop or an approximation to Rekordbox functions for pad controlled FX and the pad controlled Smartseek and Smartseeklenght commands.

On this one I think it is best to wait for next version of Cross.
FigDJ

Postby Shadowg on 21 Jul 2016, 14:00

I like to help you with the MIDI
Shadowg

Postby FigDJ on 21 Jul 2016, 14:12

I appreciate the gesture. As far as coding I am already done. I am just not releasing it yet because I am waiting for Cross new version. I will need help from current owners of the controller for testing the map once it is released.
FigDJ

Postby Louis Clarke on 20 Aug 2016, 14:42

FigDJ wrote:I appreciate the gesture. As far as coding I am already done. I am just not releasing it yet because I am waiting for Cross new version. I will need help from current owners of the controller for testing the map once it is released.

Got the DDJ RZ and running Cross on a Mac Book. If you're looking for testers give me a shout.
Louis Clarke
www.ReeelHouseFM.com Tues 10pm-Midnight BST
www.MightyRadio.net Sat 4pm-7pm BST / Sun 12pm-2pm
Louis Clarke

Postby Louis Clarke on 20 Aug 2016, 14:42

FigDJ wrote:I appreciate the gesture. As far as coding I am already done. I am just not releasing it yet because I am waiting for Cross new version. I will need help from current owners of the controller for testing the map once it is released.

Got the DDJ RZ and running Cross on a Mac Book. If you're looking for testers give me a shout.
Louis Clarke
www.ReeelHouseFM.com Tues 10pm-Midnight BST
www.MightyRadio.net Sat 4pm-7pm BST / Sun 12pm-2pm
Louis Clarke

Postby FigDJ on 15 Dec 2016, 18:38

Maps for DDJ-RZX, RZ, RX, and RR are ready for Cross V2.6, V3.3.11, V3.4.2. Preliminary version for Cross 4 are also ready but on hold until Mixvibes releases something in that line.

If you need the maps please contact me via private message.
FigDJ

Postby FigDJ on 12 Jan 2017, 16:29

Cross and Cross DJ version 3.4.3 was just posted. It now officially supports DDJ-RZ and RX
FigDJ

Postby VDJ Doc-Terry on 14 Mar 2018, 17:10

Hi ! Is there any chance to have somewhere the mapping for the DDJ-RZX ? It is annoying to let Cross VIDEO for REKORBOX VIDEO :-( :-(
Thanks
VDJ Doc-Terry

Postby FigDJ on 14 Mar 2018, 21:49

VDJ Doc-Terry wrote:Hi ! Is there any chance to have somewhere the mapping for the DDJ-RZX ? It is annoying to let Cross VIDEO for REKORBOX VIDEO :-( :-(
Thanks

I can map this controller, is complicated and the screens can only be use for dragging fx unless Mixvibes decides to support HID for the screen.

In simple terms I could map it without full screen capability.
In order to have full use of screen we need some support from Mixvibes.

At this point I think Cross/CrossDj for MAC and PC is dead software. So unless some kind of statement comes out of Mixvibes renewing development for this software, It is really not worth the effort in mapping the RZX.
FigDJ

Previous

Return to Mapping Midi