MIDI output Alias

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

MIDI output Alias

Postby FigDJ on 02 Mar 2016, 19:03

Could someone explain what is this output.

Out fam(Player)[0x1].DelayWithMaster (Normal) == "Delay with Master"

Need a short description of usage or what it represents.
FigDJ

Re: MIDI output Alias

Postby TinouCAS on 08 Apr 2016, 16:19

Hi FigDJ,

The DelayWithMaster output command is attached to its corresponding player's sync meter. It has the "sync state" set to 0.5 (or 64 once it reaches MIDI).

For reference, it's mapped to a CC in both the Pioneer DDJ ERGO and Pioneer DDJ Wego (value="%").

I'm am not aware of the actual effect on those controllers.
TinouCAS

Postby FigDJ on 09 Apr 2016, 16:03

TinouCAS wrote:Hi FigDJ,

The DelayWithMaster output command is attached to its corresponding player's sync meter. It has the "sync state" set to 0.5 (or 64 once it reaches MIDI).

For reference, it's mapped to a CC in both the Pioneer DDJ ERGO and Pioneer DDJ Wego (value="%").

I'm am not aware of the actual effect on those controllers.

Need more context. I examined the MIDI maps for both the ERGO and the Wego. I also examine all available documentation and Pioneer warns against using channel 12 as Mixvibes did on the ERGO.

Are you saying that this output is the equivalent to the little sync circle displayed in Cross for each player. Then this CC value is changing as the player is moving forward or backward on the track.

Don't understand your reference to the 64 value as this should always be changing unless the track is stopped.

base on your answer as this being representative of the track sync meter then this value has always been the answer to providing a beat synchronized output for other MIDI devices and also the usable value to light up LED rings around jog wheels.

If I am right (don't know), then many problems with other user could have been resolved much easier if the if the information was forthcoming and some tech support was available to answer questions as it used to be in the MIDI forum.

If I am not in the right track please let me know. I got much testing to do if I am right and the answers for many user that requested this information in the past.
FigDJ

Postby TinouCAS on 09 Apr 2016, 19:50

The value 64 was a wild guess: CC values range from 0 to 127 if I recall correctly.

Whether you are in 2 or 4 deck mode, every sync meter displays only 2 values (at least for now). So the player is either lagging behind (<0.5), in sync (=0.5), or ahead (>0.5).

If the master is pause (i.e. by a jog touch) and the player playing, it just loops from 0 to 1. Same thing happens if the player is paused and the master playing.
TinouCAS

Postby FigDJ on 10 Apr 2016, 15:39

TinouCAS

Thank so much for your response. that actually clarify everything that I needed to know. Now I can do some other trick with this output.

I was hoping that we had something equivalent to the sync circle but I guess that will be for future versions.
FigDJ

Return to Mapping Midi