MIDI controller not responding upon start up

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

MIDI controller not responding upon start up

Postby Devour on 12 Feb 2016, 02:44

Hi there,

I recently purchased Cross and made the move from Traktor (due to various bugs), I'm happy so far, really like the software.
I am experiencing one problem, when I open Cross, my controller is recognised but if I turn a knob, move the Cross fader / faders it does not respond, I have to move them, say down, then up to the original position, like they have to be reset to use them? If this makes any sense! The software recognises that the controller has done something, but it does not result in any audio change until I move them and then back to their original position.
This only happens when I first open it.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Devour

Re: MIDI controller not responding upon start up

Postby RoJeC on 12 Feb 2016, 11:17

This isn't to strange, but it might be possible to work different.

First of all, please register your license key in your user profile. By this you have access to the latest versions (now 3.3.11).

The default option to sync controls is to move them to the position the Cross controls are in the software.

Some controllers can handle a MIDI command that asks for the current status of the controls and sends this back. If you had this in Traktor there is a fair chance the command exists.

Please provide the name and type of the controller. If you can find it please also provide the link to the documentation of the controller, especially the document that holds the table with MIDI commands.

This topic will be moved to the MIDI section after you registered (think you now don't have access to that forum). Likely FigDJ will try to help you out as in his spare time he becomes the MIDI monster. :D
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby daniel clark on 12 Feb 2016, 12:01

:idea: this feature iscalled :eek: :?: ,,if you move controls on the gui with say mouse ,,keyboard then they will be out of sync with the postion of the controls on the controller ,,in order for the software not to snap/move to the postion of the controller,,ie crossfading with mouse to deck b while Cross fader is on deck a with the controller,,it will allow the controller to move to the postion on the gui to affect a change ,, you will see a ghost fader move to get to the postion of the gui ,, ,look in MIDI tab and the is a tab for , :?: take over :?: :?: :?:

yes also regerster the software licence key in the fourm please :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Devour on 12 Feb 2016, 19:10

RoJeC wrote:This isn't to strange, but it might be possible to work different.

First of all, please register your license key in your user profile. By this you have access to the latest versions (now 3.3.11).

The default option to sync controls is to move them to the position the Cross controls are in the software.

Some controllers can handle a MIDI command that asks for the current status of the controls and sends this back. If you had this in Traktor there is a fair chance the command exists.

Please provide the name and type of the controller. If you can find it please also provide the link to the documentation of the controller, especially the document that holds the table with MIDI commands.

This topic will be moved to the MIDI section after you registered (think you now don't have access to that forum). Likely FigDJ will try to help you out as in his spare time he becomes the MIDI monster. :D

Thanks, I've registered the serial and updated the software.

My controller is a Behringer CMD Studio 4a, all the documentation is at the following URL http://www.music-group.com/Categories/B ... /downloads
Apologies, I'm not sure which part would be helpful to you?!
They are all in PDF format but nothing there for MIDI commands I don't believe?
Devour

Postby FigDJ on 13 Feb 2016, 16:23

Your link does not provide documentation regarding the MIDI table. Since I don't own the controller, the only way I can map it is if I have the MIDI documentation.

Without that I can't help you.

In addition this controller appear to need a utility (present in the link you provided) that is required in order to properly set up the channels in the controller.

I downloaded and tried the utility and it doesn't work unless you have controller connected.

I don't know your location but the only way for me to work on this one is by physically having the controller available to me.
FigDJ

Return to Mapping Midi