Map for New DDJ-SB2

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Map for New DDJ-SB2

Postby RoJeC on 02 Mar 2016, 15:49

Have you selected a proper audio routing mode?
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby kl1172 on 25 May 2016, 15:10

So, is there any news on how this controller works with Cross DJ?
I was thinking of buying it, but I can't find a lot of info on how good it's cooperating with Cross DJ or Cross. This thread is about as detailed as it gets or am I missing something? It seems like a leap in the dark whether which features wil work just fine and which don't unfortunately.
kl1172

Postby FigDJ on 25 May 2016, 15:33

EDIT- The following files have been removed until further notice in order to avoid conflict of interest with Mixvibes

MIDI Conversion Table_DDJ-SB2_DEC2015.xlsx
kl1172 wrote:So, is there any news on how this controller works with Cross DJ?
I was thinking of buying it, but I can't find a lot of info on how good it's cooperating with Cross DJ or Cross. This thread is about as detailed as it gets or am I missing something? It seems like a leap in the dark whether which features wil work just fine and which don't unfortunately.

The map available here is not an official map. So the map is provided as is. If you already own the controller then download and try it. get back to me to fix any bugs that you may encounter.
As far as documentation goes, if you can read xls files the posted file provides a table of commands and how are they mapped to the controller.
FigDJ

Postby Jesamus on 04 Jul 2016, 03:36

kl1172 wrote:So, is there any news on how this controller works with Cross DJ?

I bought this controller knowing there wasn't an official mapping for it from Cross. The mapping FigDJ made works great. All the lights are working and everything functions great. I am extremely happy with the controller and the mapping (Thanks a ton to FigDJ btw!) I tweaked the mapping inside the MIDI tab of CrossDj to my liking. The only thing that has no function is the "Pad Trans" but other than that it a 10/10. I would definitely suggest buying it.
Jesamus

Postby FigDJ on 04 Jul 2016, 03:47

There isn't a function called trams pad in Cross. However if someone let me know what is the expected behavior I could possibly emulate it using Cross. I have done some maps emulating Rekordbox with Cross.
FigDJ

Postby chicago1000 on 04 Jul 2016, 15:42

I was thinking about buying this controller. I was trying to wait for an official mapping but looks like FigDJ's mapping works fine.

I am just a little leary because I do not know anything about MIDI mapping. Wondering if I have any questions can I post them here for feedback?
chicago1000

Postby HawnSolo on 05 Jul 2016, 06:57

FigDJ wrote:There isn't a function called trams pad in Cross. However if someone let me know what is the expected behavior I could possibly emulate it using Cross. I have done some maps emulating Rekordbox with Cross.

I don't own the sb2 but as far as I can tell the pad trans is a gate type effect. Here's a video demonstration http://youtube.com/watch?v=OXbXgx7C-EA
HawnSolo

Postby FigDJ on 05 Jul 2016, 13:10

HawnSolo wrote:
FigDJ wrote:There isn't a function called trams pad in Cross. However if someone let me know what is the expected behavior I could possibly emulate it using Cross. I have done some maps emulating Rekordbox with Cross.

I don't own the sb2 but as far as I can tell the pad trans is a gate type effect. Here's a video demonstration http://youtube.com/watch?v=OXbXgx7C-EA

yes, I did a little bit of research before you posted. the trans pad is nothing more than the Transform effect with different amount parameter assigned to each pad. From left to right 1/8 beat, 1/4 beat, 1/2 beat and 1 beat. hard to map in Cross but not impossible.
FigDJ

Postby FigDJ on 15 Dec 2016, 18:49

MIDI mapping and documentation files have been removed until further notice in order to avoid conflict of interest with Mixvibes
FigDJ

Postby vdjbig on 17 Dec 2016, 05:44

So will the sb work or not because I bought one today. so before I open it I would like to know.
vdjbig

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi