Jog Wheel Issues (TO BE MOVED to the MIDI MAPPING FORUM)

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Jog Wheel Issues (TO BE MOVED to the MIDI MAPPING FORUM)

Postby Mariu5 on 14 Sep 2015, 01:31

So I have an issue that should probably be just an easy thing to fix. I have an MC6000mk2 and while my jog wheels work the way they are supposed to in Vinyl mode, the do NOT jog in CD mode when a track is paused or doing nothing. I have a thread in the Tech Support forum here:

viewtopic.php?f=358&t=35740&start=30

Per Daniel Clarke's recommendation, I'm putting a thread about my Jog Wheel issue in here because we both think that it's almost surely a Mapping issue but neither of us now anything about MIDI mapping.

From a post in my original thread, here's the most precise description of my problem that I've written so far:

"So when I was using VDJ, my four decks basically had three states.

1. Empty, a state/status that isn't relevant to this conversation so we'll move on...

2. Track is loaded into the deck but is not playing//looping etc.

3. Track is loaded and is playing/looping.

I have these same three states for my four decks in Cross. Empty, loaded but no activity, and finally, loaded and active.

In state 2//loaded but no activity, I want to be able to spin my jog wheels in either direction by spinning them and have the playhead move back and forth slow or fast in response my spinning which be slower or faster. The pitchbending that comes from this kind of activity is irrelevant to me. I know it will happen but I don't care. What I have now in Cross' CD deck mode is a big ole' nothing. I can move my wheels when the track is stopped and nothing happens. Actually, that's not entirely true. I can see the plus or minus symbols light up and start giving me a percentage of pitchbend that supposedly is happening but there is no movement of the waveforms across the playhead. I want that movement. I want the track to actually jog back and forth because I'm moving my wheel...and I want this to happen regardless of where I touch my wheel.

In state3//loaded and active, the track is playing or looping which we all know is just playing the same piece over and over and so basically it's just playing. The waveform is moving from screen left to screen right across the playhead at whatever speed I set it too and the the date is turned into sound and goes to the House blah blah blah....in THIS state, I want to be able to touch and spin myy wheels and have them speed the track up a bit or drag it slower if I'm spinning the wheel in the other direction. I want this to happen regardless of how I touch the wheel. In vinyl mode, if I touch the wheel on top rather than on the side, the track stops as if it were a vinyl record on a turntable and I just put my hand on it which prevents it from turning. When I let go, the track starts to move again. I do not want this. I want only to jog and not stop. I'm not a vinyl//scratch DJ, it's not my gig."

So uhhh, can you MIDI guys give me a hand? Pretty please?
Mariu5

Re: Jog Wheel Issues (TO BE MOVED to the MIDI MAPPING FORUM)

Postby FigDJ on 17 Feb 2016, 16:00

Please post your current map.
FigDJ

Return to Mapping Midi