Reloop Beatmix 2

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Reloop Beatmix 2

Postby FigDJ on 01 Oct 2015, 12:40

OK, I can re-visit this one with some help. There is an initialization command in Cross called device-event name="SateRequest". Then there is a command called device-event name="Startup". The 1st one is used to trigger a call from the software to the MIDI controller for current status and the 2nd one is used to set LED parameter upon startup.

Those commands are missing in the mapping. Normally they can be mapped by modifying the MIDI map by hand. However, to find the correct values you must have the manufacturer MIDI Table for the controller.

Example on DDJ series controller

Code: Select all
      </input-mappings>
      <output-mappings>
        <device-event name="StateRequest">
          <MIDI type="Note" parameter="0x9" channel="0xc" value="127"/>
        </device-event>
        <device-event name="Startup">
          <MIDI type="Note" parameter="0x0" channel="0xc" value="127"/>
          </device-event>

If you can find the MIDI table for this device and post it or send it to me I will revisit this topic to find the correct codes and hopefully fix it.
FigDJ

Postby haga46 on 01 Oct 2015, 18:59

FigDJ wrote:OK, I can re-visit this one with some help. There is an initialization command in Cross called device-event name="SateRequest". Then there is a command called device-event name="Startup". The 1st one is used to trigger a call from the software to the MIDI controller for current status and the 2nd one is used to set LED parameter upon startup.

Those commands are missing in the mapping. Normally they can be mapped by modifying the MIDI map by hand. However, to find the correct values you must have the manufacturer MIDI Table for the controller.

Example on DDJ series controller

Code: Select all
      </input-mappings>
      <output-mappings>
        <device-event name="StateRequest">
          <MIDI type="Note" parameter="0x9" channel="0xc" value="127"/>
        </device-event>
        <device-event name="Startup">
          <MIDI type="Note" parameter="0x0" channel="0xc" value="127"/>
          </device-event>

If you can find the MIDI table for this device and post it or send it to me I will revisit this topic to find the correct codes and hopefully fix it.

Hey FigDJ thx again for the reply,
On my second post of this topic i've posted this
Reloop-bm2_4_midi_map.pdf
is this what you need ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
haga46

Postby haga46 on 09 Oct 2015, 12:13

Hello,

Is this what you needed ? If not please let me know. Then i will try to contact Reloop and ask them what's required.

Grtz J
haga46

Postby FigDJ on 09 Oct 2015, 12:46

The file that you posted provides the map for the individual knobs, faders, and buttons but not the system rese coded for a device event to check upon connecting.
FigDJ

Postby haga46 on 09 Oct 2015, 15:09

FigDJ wrote:The file that you posted provides the map for the individual knobs, faders, and buttons but not the system rese coded for a device event to check upon connecting.

I'll post it on the reloop forum and I'll get back here wen I've got it ;)

Grtz J
haga46

Postby haga46 on 16 Oct 2015, 11:52

Ok, so this is going nowhere :cry: even on the reloop forum i didn't get any response after 7d :(

So i've been digging into the official mappings to check if the "StateRequest" and "Startup" is in every mapping.
I've checked the following devices and if there is one off the above in the mappings:
- Pioneer DDJ SB: could only find the StateRequest in the mapping
- Numarkt Mixtrack Pro II: couldn't find StateRequest and Startup in the mapping
- Reloop Terminal Mix 4: couldn't find StateRequest and Startup in the mapping
- Vestax VCI-380: couldn't find StateRequest and Startup in the mapping
- Gemini FirstMix IO: couldn't find StateRequest and Startup in the mapping
- Mixvibes Vfx Control: could only find the StateRequest in the mapping

I've been going true (all above) the entire mappings, so could it be it's not always needed or is this the wrong assumption ?

For now i'm back on Serato :(

Grtz J
haga46

Postby haga46 on 23 Oct 2015, 11:25

Hello can someone answer this please ?
I've been going true (all above) the entire mappings, so could it be it's not always needed or is this the wrong assumption ?

Didn't got any respons more then a week ago so I'll ask it again :confused:

I opened this topic more then 3 months ago and i didn't get any results, i found this very disappointing even so because it's on the manufacturers forum and not on a random DJ forum !

I can only hope that there will be an official mapping for xmass.

Grtz J
haga46

Postby RoJeC on 23 Oct 2015, 14:16

The other mappings just show you that Cross is capable of sending the request state request.
The real problem is that you need to know where to send it to (MIDI code).

This has to come from the manufacturer of the controller, or maybe the mapping Serato uses... As according to your suggestion to use this it seems to be an existing command for the controller (not all controllers have this option; so in mappings not having the value it might very well be it isn't there)
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby FigDJ on 23 Oct 2015, 15:26

I would love to support mapping for all controllers that Cross users may want. However, there are huge limitations on accuracy and amount of work required to map when the actual equipment is not available for testing. In other words the map is done stricly out reading available documentation which sometimes can be erroneous, vague, or just not sufficient.

that being said, the only way i would be able to map this one is with the controller being available. If someone is interested, they can contact me to arrange shipping of this controller for mapping purposes and it will be returned to the owner. (all shipping at the owners cost). I will then map and publish the files for all Cross users.
FigDJ

Postby haga46 on 23 Oct 2015, 16:46

FigDJ wrote:I would love to support mapping for all controllers that Cross users may want. However, there are huge limitations on accuracy and amount of work required to map when the actual equipment is not available for testing. In other words the map is done stricly out reading available documentation which sometimes can be erroneous, vague, or just not sufficient.

that being said, the only way i would be able to map this one is with the controller being available. If someone is interested, they can contact me to arrange shipping of this controller for mapping purposes and it will be returned to the owner. (all shipping at the owners cost). I will then map and publish the files for all Cross users.

Thnx 4 the response guys.
I would love 2 ship my controller but it's just too expensive from where i live ( Belgium ), so for me it would be better just to buy another controller, 4 that kind of money i could be getting something great and something with too much bells and whistles for me to handle.
A month ago i even did the above and bought me a second hand Numark mixtrack pro 2 so i could keep using the mixvibes app ( how lame was that ). After 2 wks I've sold the Numark because i didn't have the same feel/flow as with my Reloop.
In my opinion the beatmix 2 is a way better and more user friendly controller then the mixtrack pro 2 but that's mho.
haga46

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi