Reloop Beatmix 2

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Reloop Beatmix 2

Postby daniel clark on 13 Sep 2015, 11:04

:idea: .on that initial start up ,,,do you see the controls on the gui moving and when they catch up to where the gui is at then they react :idea: :?:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby haga46 on 13 Sep 2015, 11:54

[quote="daniel clark"]:idea: .on that initial start up ,,,do you see the controls on the gui moving and when they catch up to where the gui is at then they react :idea: :?:[/quote[quote="daniel clark"]
Yep, that's right the gui detects in delay the first time after that it's all good
haga46

Postby daniel clark on 13 Sep 2015, 11:59

:eek: does this action happen when you move a control via mouse /keyboard shortcut ,, do you see a ghost motion when you use the controller to repostion the control ,, if so this is the take over function ,, so lets say the Cross fader was moved by mouse ,,when you go to use the Cross fader on the controller it wont jump to the postion wanted /controller last at :eek:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby haga46 on 13 Sep 2015, 12:20

daniel clark wrote::eek: does this action happen when you move a control via mouse /keyboard shortcut ,, do you see a ghost motion when you use the controller to repostion the control ,, if so this is the take over function ,, so lets say the Cross fader was moved by mouse ,,when you go to use the Cross fader on the controller it wont jump to the postion wanted /controller last at :eek:

Don't know, i don't use the mouse or keyboard to move the fader or knobs. But it only happens the first time with the initial start and it's annoying when i forget to turn and slide everything before i start playing. :(
haga46

Postby daniel clark on 13 Sep 2015, 12:27

:eek: :idea: try it and see ,, simple short cut is the :left: :right: arrows will move the Cross fader to the side it pointing ,,then use the crossfader on controller ,,you will see a ghost fader catch up with the gui ,, ,,this prevents the fader from jumping from where the gui is at to where the controller says/thinks its at ,,a worst senerio than repostioning the controls at start up :idea:

if this is what happening and still want to change this ,in MIDI tab the switch for batch take over should change this :eek:
MEMBER OF:

2014 dell XPS8700
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby haga46 on 13 Sep 2015, 12:30

Thanks for the info Daniël, much appreciated and will try it wen i get home ;)
haga46

Postby haga46 on 15 Sep 2015, 17:05

daniel clark wrote::eek: :idea: try it and see ,, simple short cut is the :left: :right: arrows will move the Cross fader to the side it pointing ,,then use the crossfader on controller ,,you will see a ghost fader catch up with the gui ,, ,,this prevents the fader from jumping from where the gui is at to where the controller says/thinks its at ,,a worst senerio than repostioning the controls at start up :idea:

if this is what happening and still want to change this ,in MIDI tab the switch for batch take over should change this :eek:

Hi Daniël,

I've tried your suggetion, i've i use the keyboard arrows :left: :right: nothing happens in the gui. I've tried the following: i've turned some of the knobs and faders with my mousepad and set them back to the starting postition after that i used the controls on my controller and this doesn't change a thing.
But when i leave the faders and knobs at there posisioting with the mousepad then i've got the ghost reaction when i move them with my controller ;)

But on initial startup i don't move a thing and sometimes not Always i do have to move all my controls on my controller, that i've got to turn the high, mid, lows and my faders in the beginning when they are in a different position than the gui that i can understand but even the FX knobs that are Always in the off mode that i can't understand bcuz they are also in the off posistion when i start the software. So sometimes i've got to turn literally everything before i start playing, and when u are in the mix that is really annoying cuz the mix is fucked up :( Not that it really mathers for the moment cuz i'm not on a gig :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The problem is it's in the software, cuz it doesn't happen with other software :(
haga46

Postby RoJeC on 15 Sep 2015, 21:20

I'm afraid Daniel uses a different keyboard mapping (older or modified) as the current default doesn't work with the arrows for the Cross fader.

The picking up of current values is a property in the MIDI map (not really the software).

If you have a mapping of a program that does trigger the controller for this info it might help to have a quicker answer by someone who's more knowledgeable on MIDI.

And to avoid misunderstanding you also may want to upload your used mapping/
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby haga46 on 15 Sep 2015, 23:08

RoJeC wrote:I'm afraid Daniel uses a different keyboard mapping (older or modified) as the current default doesn't work with the arrows for the Cross fader.

The picking up of current values is a property in the MIDI map (not really the software).

If you have a mapping of a program that does trigger the controller for this info it might help to have a quicker answer by someone who's more knowledgeable on MIDI.

And to avoid misunderstanding you also may want to upload your used mapping/

Ok thx RoJeC,

Seems i kinda am in the MIDI section already and my mapping is in one of the previous posts ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looked it up and i'm currently using the mod map that FigDJ posted in his first post in this topic ;)
haga46

Postby haga46 on 01 Oct 2015, 12:06

441 views on this topic so you would think there are people interested in the reloop beatmix 2 and 4 mappings.
Can anyone help me with the output mapping ?
Ones i get it sorted out i will map everything for the beatmix2 so the mapping for the beatmix4 will be almost effortless ;)
And maybe will sell a few MV apps in the future.
If there is no interest, I'll have to go back 2 serato DJ, i bought it a month ago @ 50% but i like MV a lot more :cool:
haga46

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi