Quneo-Emulate Beatclock?

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Quneo-Emulate Beatclock?

Postby ddjj on 24 Jun 2014, 08:54

Hello:

This question is probably geared towards FigDj (who is the master of MIDI mapping the Quneo)....I have pretty much the basics down on how to do some of the mapping...I need to know how to light up the two "rings" on the left hand side to emulate the beat clock, or maybe use somehow the beatflash to possibly match the beatgrid with them? Any suggestions?

Thanks
DDJJ
Dell Inspiron with I7 processor
Windows 8.1
8 GB Ram, 1 TB Hard Drive
Audio 2 DJ Soundcard
Allen and Heath 62 Mixer 1
Quneo Controller
Internal Intel graphics card
GT 630m Nvidia Graphics Card
ddjj

Re: Quneo-Emulate Beatclock?

Postby FigDJ on 24 Jun 2014, 12:24

ddjj wrote:Hello:

This question is probably geared towards FigDj (who is the master of MIDI mapping the Quneo)....I have pretty much the basics down on how to do some of the mapping...I need to know how to light up the two "rings" on the left hand side to emulate the beat clock, or maybe use somehow the beatflash to possibly match the beatgrid with them? Any suggestions?

Thanks
DDJJ

I had asked for the beatclock output to Mixvibes several times and have gotten no response. Right now the only way to light up the ring is use one of the sample pads needle search output to be send to the ring.

Just as a test I took a 16 beat sample needle search output from pad1. Synced the pad to the master slave and muted the pad. The result lights up the ring with the beat going around in 16bbeat cycles. This would be solved if we had a master clock output in normal CC.

As far as the beatflash, here is a test and if you like it I tell you how to do it for all 4 players.
Select a pad
Send the beatflash output from player 1 to it to light up the green LEDs.
Send beatflash output from player 2 to the same pad but to light up the red LEDs.

If you have both players running the pad will be blinking alternative from green to red and back.

The moment that the 2 tracks in the players are perfectly in sync the pad will blink orange until they come out of sync.
FigDJ

Postby daniel clark on 24 Jun 2014, 13:15

:cool: MIDI MONSTER BITTING OFF ANOTHER CONTROLLER :!: :eek: :mrgreen: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby ddjj on 24 Jun 2014, 20:05

FigDj:

Thanks for the tips, Ive tried the beatflash suggestion of yours and that works great....I was just wondering because I saw Quneo demonstrated on youtube with MIXXX and the ring and the little dot(if you will) was encircling the ring! Was way cool!
Ill give the other one a try..

Thx
DDJJ
Windows 8.1
Audio 2 DJ Soundcard
Quneo Controller
Internal Intel graphics card
GT 630m Nvidia Graphics Card
ddjj

Postby FigDJ on 24 Jun 2014, 21:27

ddjj wrote:FigDj:

Thanks for the tips, Ive tried the beatflash suggestion of yours and that works great....I was just wondering because I saw Quneo demonstrated on youtube with MIXXX and the ring and the little dot(if you will) was encircling the ring! Was way cool!
Ill give the other one a try..

Thx
DDJJ

That particular set up which is also available from Traktor is the phase of the beatclock which I had asked Mixvibes to provide an output for the rings in Cross.

The way that would work is to have a normal continuous change (CC) from Cross. That out put will be a 0-127 CC and then rest back to 0 as the clocl is at the top or 0-127 for either 16 beat or 4 beats going around. the resulting indication would be what you saw using mixx. I agree that it is a very useful output for the 16 beat cycle phase but there is no way to do it in Cross. The only thing that came close and actually displayed just like the output from mixx, was using the the needle search output from a 16 beat sample that was in a sampler pad synced to the master.
FigDJ

Postby ddjj on 24 Jun 2014, 23:09

FigDj:

Thanks for your time and effort!

DDJJ
Windows 8.1
Audio 2 DJ Soundcard
Quneo Controller