MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

  

Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby FigDJ on 15 May 2014, 03:48

DDJSR_C_31_RV6B.zip
(59.23 KiB) Downloaded 217 times

Ok version 6A and 6B
Still experimenting with the LEDs made some changes but need your input to see if it is working. I think this time the light bulb went on and finally got the FX assign LEDs right. Hope it works.

I am sorry for the multiple posting and trial but I can't only rely on you guys to test it.

I am looking for what happens when using FX1 or F2 assign.
How the LEDs react
to
FX1 -1= Select 1
LED1=on LED2=off

S+ FX1-1= Select 3
LED1=blinks LED2=off

FX1-2= Select 2
LED1=off LED2=on

S+ FX1-2=Select 4
LED1=off LED2=blinks

and
FX2 -1= Select 1
LED1=on LED2=off

S+ FX2-1= Select 3
LED1=blinks LED2=off

FX2-2= Select 2
LED1=off LED2=on

S+ FX2-2=Select 4
LED1=off LED2=blinks

Also the selection of master for FX2 should work now.
Image
FigDJ
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 16:03
Location: Odenton, MD


Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby MikeFossati on 15 May 2014, 08:57

FigDJ wrote:Question
When you say "works only when deck 1 and 2 are selected" do you mean selected in the FX section or selected as the controlled deck?

What I meant by this is that FX Assign only works when Deck 1 or Deck 2 are selected as the controlled deck. I will test your latest versions later today when I'm back home.
MikeFossati
 
Posts: 30
Joined: 28 Apr 2014, 17:55
Location: Zurich, Switzerland


Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby FigDJ on 15 May 2014, 14:29

[quote="MikeFossati]What I meant by this is that FX Assign only works when Deck 1 or Deck 2 are selected as the controlled deck. I will test your latest versions later today when I'm back home.[/quote]
That initself might pose a separate challenge.

Right now I am looking at 3 issues and I like to resolve them on at a time.

1. Need to make sure that the FX Assign lights turn on and off while players 1 and 2 are the controlled players.

2. Need to make sure that light work properly under shift condition.

On this one I am looking for the bad indication. Let me explain.
Normally the pace at which a DJ works is very fast and this may not be noticeable, however, let's slow down things a bit.

Provided that issue #1 is resolved.

When you are rady to make a selection that requires the shift button to be pressed the good indication is that LEDs work normally. The bad indication is that LEDs for selections of 3 and 4 are off while the shift key is pressed regardless of the current selection.

Example: on FX1 channel 3 is selected and is working properly
FX1-1 is blinking
You want to change the selection to channel 4.
Press the shift key and while holding prss FX1-2

While you are holding the shift key and before you press Fx1-2 the blinking indication from LED for FX1-1 turns off.

That is a bad indication but I nedd feedback on that to confirm a few things. I already know how to fix that.

3. that FX Assign LED work properly while players 3 and 4 are the controlled players.

If #1 passes, please test for #2 and it should fail. That is OK for now.
Then I will fix number 2 and look to see what is going on with #3.

Looking forward for your and djsamrties responses.
Image
FigDJ
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 16:03
Location: Odenton, MD


Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby djsamrties on 15 May 2014, 14:29

hello every body,
you are very quick to upload and test it's wonderful !
i will try to do my part of work ;)

first point :
i don't understand why we have to choose between the functions of RV5A and RV5B ?

"
1. Version 5A -manual In and out loop
2. Version 5B - increase or decrease auto loop size. no manual in or out loop.
"

for the moment, when i use version 5A, the "1.12/13" buttons work with "+SHIFT" but do nothing without shift if you are not using autoloop. It just work IF you are using auto loop.
and with version 5B, the "1.12/13" buttons work with "+SHIFT" but do nothing without shift if you are not using autoloop. It just work IF you are using auto loop.

I think that if you setup this in a different way, you can keep both functions because there are all useful.
That is the most useful setup for me :
When you use only the buttons "1.12" and "1.13" you increase or decrease auto loop size. And it have to work when you are using auto loop or when you don't.
And when you use the buttons "SHIFT + 1.12" and "SHIFT + 1.13" it allows to manual in and out loop.

Off course i don't know if its possible to setup like this, its your part of the job ;)

I hope that what i say is clear ?


Now, for the main changement.

1.1 : great :)

1.2 : ok, not a very useful function

1.3 : its exactly that !!! very useful thanks a lot lot lot !!!
and it works with vinyl off or on !!! :D

1.10 : SHIFT SYNC
SHIFT + SYNC to set master deck is useful for me.
But i don't understand the on/off function off SYNC.
When i push SYNC for the first time (so ON SYNC), the pitch is sync with the master,
but when i push for the second time (? OFF SYNC) it doesn't change anything for me ?

1.11 : ok, it works fine now :)

1.12 and 1.13 already speak about this in the beginning of this message

For the led of fx assign.
Every thing is fine as you want but,
if you assign push FX1-2 and after you push SHIFT FX1-1, the led of FX1-2 still on.

same thing with FX-2.

When i select MASTER, led of 1 still on.

And when you select deck 3 or 4, you cant change anything with FX assign.

For the fx section, i don't use video so i cant answer if it work fine or not.

3.8 / 3.9 : ok

3.10 : ok but i cant verify, sorry

5.4 and 5.5 + SHIFT : ok no useful to class by bpm for me..

6.11 SLICER i don't know very well this function, but i thought that the part in the sample have to change to follow the track and here, it still the same selection. But its not a very useful function for me so don't worry.

6.12 PAD PLUS ON allow to use "hot cue roll" "trans" "combo fx" and "sampler roll" and it works fine.

How about rotary selector and the proposition that i try to describe in the blue part :
Is it possible ?
i copy this here again :
"
I wil try to explain here what could be the best setup for the « SHIFT + PUSH ROTARY SELECTOR » and « BACK » button.
Now i speak about PUSH and BACK buttons.
And we are ok to say that we have 3 differents columns. (1=collection/files/iTunes.. 2=tracks/playlists/smartlists.. 3=tracks)
OK. That’s what it could the function for me :
In column 1 : BACK do nothing. PUSH choose collection or files or iTunes and go in the coluln 2.
In column 2 : BACK for coming back in the column 1. PUSH to open tracks or playlists and then, if you moove on a playlist and PUSH again, you go in column 3.
In column 3 : BACK for coming back in the column 2. PUSH for pre listen on / off.
All right !
I don’t know if this setup is possible, but it seems to be the best and more smart for me.
"

And how about SHIFT + ROTARY PUSH to switch between 2 or 4 decks ? is it possible ?

thanks again FIGDJ !!!
User avatar
djsamrties
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 19:25


Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby djsamrties on 15 May 2014, 15:05

i continue to test.
I am on the sampler option.
I dont understand everything but,
if it possible, it could be very nice to can switch between the different sample bank using the 6.13 and 6.14 buttons when "sampler" is selected :)
i have notice that the actual Cross DJ options for sampler are not the same than in the manual.
Is it normal for you ?
User avatar
djsamrties
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 19:25


Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby FigDJ on 15 May 2014, 16:06

djsamrties wrote:i don't understand why we have to choose between the functions of RV5A and RV5B ?
1. Version 5A -manual In and out loop
2. Version 5B - increase or decrease auto loop size. no manual in or out loop.

There is a hardware limitation. Without using modifier shift logic I can only map 2 functions per button to the 1/2 and 2X buttons.

At this point in the mapping is not advisable to use modifier shift logic since we are still making sure that the basic functions are correct and this type of mapping will at least double the size of the file. So far we are at 14566 lines of code.

djsamrties wrote:for the moment, when i use version 5A, the "1.12/13" buttons work with "+SHIFT" but do nothing without shift if you are not using autoloop.


That is what the labeling on the controller calls for.

1/2 = Halves an already active loop
SHIFT+ 1/2 = Sets the in point for a manual loop

2x Doubles an already active loop
Shift+ 2x = Sets the out point for a manual loop

djsamrties wrote:and with version 5B, the "1.12/13" buttons work with "+SHIFT" but do nothing without shift if
you are not using autoloop. It just work IF you are using auto loop.


1/2 = Halves an already active loop

SHIFT+ 1/2 = Autoloop select decrement.
While a loop is active it will decrease the size of the loop.
The indication is in the autollop section for the deck. If a loop is not active it will change the autoloop indication and then you have to activate the loop by pressing autoloop.

2x Doubles an already active loop

Shift+ 2x = Autoloop select increment.
While a loop is active it will increase the size of the loop.
The indication is in the autollop section for the deck. If a loop is not active it will change the autoloop indication and then you have to activate the loop by pressing autoloop.

djsamrties wrote:I think that if you setup this in a different way, you can keep both functions because there are all useful.
That is the most useful setup for me :
When you use only the buttons "1.12" and "1.13" you increase or decrease auto loop size.
And it have to work when you are using auto loop or when you don't.
And when you use the buttons "SHIFT + 1.12" and "SHIFT + 1.13" it allows to manual in and out loop.


Again, there are hardware limitations to keeping all the functions. For now I think we should stick to the basic functions until the map is complete and then we can talk about your personal workflow preferences.

djsamrties wrote:Off course i don't know if its possible to setup like this, its your part of the job


I hope you are just reffering to this little journey. Mapping is not my jop it is just something that I do to help others as I don't work for Mixvibes. Although I would love work for them (HINT! HINT! Mixvibes) as I would be using my skill in a field related to Djing.

djsamrties wrote:1.1 : great


I am glad you like it.

djsamrties wrote:1.2 : ok, not a very useful function


In Cross this function only goes back to the begining of a track. Going back to the previous track is a Serato function that is not present in Cross. There is nothing I can do about this one.
You should talk to Mixvibes about that. The best way is to post a suggestion in the suggestions section of the forum.

djsamrties wrote:1.3 : its exactly that !!! very useful thanks a lot lot lot !!!
and it works with vinyl off or on !!!


I am glad you like it.

djsamrties wrote:1.10 : SHIFT SYNC
SHIFT + SYNC to set master deck is useful for me.
But i don't understand the on/off function off SYNC.
When i push SYNC for the first time (so ON SYNC), the pitch is sync with the master, but when i push for the second time (? OFF SYNC) it doesn't change anything for me ?


Normally, if you find yourself pushing sync for a second time to deactivate sync, it is because you have already set the master to a different deck.

If the master is in a different deck and sync (and sync link in preferences section is on) a pitch change in the master
will change the pitch on this player. When you press sync a second time to deactivate and a different deck is the master it allows you to make changes to master without affecting the deck for which you just deactivate sync.

djsamrties wrote:1.11 : ok, it works fine now


I am glad you like it. I was a little doubtfull about that one, thanks for the feedback.

djsamrties wrote:For the led of fx assign.
Every thing is fine as you want but,
if you assign push FX1-2 and after you push SHIFT FX1-1, the led of FX1-2 still on.
same thing with FX-2.
When i select MASTER, led of 1 still on.
And when you select deck 3 or 4, you cant change anything with FX assign.


Please download 6A or 6B and see how that works. I am still trying to get those LED to respond correctly. I think I am closer to a solution now but not there yet. Please keep on testing.

djsamrties wrote:5.4 and 5.5 + SHIFT : ok no useful to class by bpm for me..


Mapped to empty the Player. The "classify the track with BPM" is a Serato function not present in Cross. Again there is nothing I can do about this one. You should talk to Mixvibes about that. The best way is tp post a suggestion in the suggestions section of the forum.

djsamrties wrote:6.11 SLICER i don't know very well this function, but i thought that the part in the sample have to change to follow the track and here, it still the same selection. But its not a very useful function for me so don't worry.


Select a loop size
Press Slicer to start slicer mode
Tap the 1st pad. Now the loop is divided in 8 sections that you play independently as the track keep on playing.

djsamrties wrote:6.12 PAD PLUS ON allow to use "hot cue roll" "trans" "combo fx" and "sampler roll" and it works fine.


This must be hardware function because all that is not mapable that way using Cross. Anyway, glad to hear it works for you.

djsamrties wrote:How about rotary selector and the proposition that i try to describe in the blue part :
Is it possible ?
i copy this here again :
"
I wil try to explain here what could be the best setup for the « SHIFT + PUSH ROTARY SELECTOR » and « BACK » button.
Now i speak about PUSH and BACK buttons.
And we are ok to say that we have 3 differents columns. (1=collection/files/iTunes.. 2=tracks/playlists/smartlists.. 3=tracks)
OK. That’s what it could the function for me :
In column 1 : BACK do nothing. PUSH choose collection or files or iTunes and go in the coluln 2.
In column 2 : BACK for coming back in the column 1. PUSH to open tracks or playlists and then, if you moove on a playlist and PUSH again, you go in column 3.
In column 3 : BACK for coming back in the column 2. PUSH for pre listen on / off.
All right !
I don’t know if this setup is possible, but it seems to be the best and more smart for me.


I don't quite understand what you are trying to do here. Perhaps some screenshots with arrows pointing will help me understand. For now I suggest you play with the controls in that section a little more because it seem to me that every function is there.

djsamrties wrote:And how about SHIFT + ROTARY PUSH to switch between 2 or 4 decks ? is it possible ?


That is certainly possible since you don't use video. Let's hold on that one until the map (specially the effect section is done.
Image
FigDJ
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 16:03
Location: Odenton, MD


Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby MikeFossati on 15 May 2014, 22:29

FigDJ wrote:Right now I am looking at 3 issues and I like to resolve them on at a time.

1. Need to make sure that the FX Assign lights turn on and off while players 1 and 2 are the controlled players.

2. Need to make sure that light work properly under shift condition.

3. that FX Assign LED work properly while players 3 and 4 are the controlled players.

If #1 passes, please test for #2 and it should fail. That is OK for now.
Then I will fix number 2 and look to see what is going on with #3.

Looking forward for your and djsamrties responses.

Thanks a lot for your support. Did some test on the FX mapping:

Test #1 passes, the lights for FX Assign turn on and off when using decks 1 and 2.

Test #2 fails, when I'm on deck 1 or 2 the and press and hold Shift the lights go off.

Assigning FX2 to Master works now, thanks for fixing it.
MikeFossati
 
Posts: 30
Joined: 28 Apr 2014, 17:55
Location: Zurich, Switzerland


Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby FigDJ on 16 May 2014, 01:54

DDJSR_C_31_RV7B.zip
(59.35 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
MikeFossati wrote:Thanks a lot for your support. Did some test on the FX mapping:

Test #1 passes, the lights for FX Assign turn on and off when using decks 1 and 2.

Test #2 fails, when I'm on deck 1 or 2 the and press and hold Shift the lights go off.

Assigning FX2 to Master works now, thanks for fixing it.


You welcome, perhaps if the Karma system comes back you can send me some karma. Thanks for the quick feedback.

I am attaching V7, test #1 should pass as before.
On test #2 you may notice a short flicker but nevertheless the indication should pass.

If test #2 passes the please do test #3. Selecting deck 3 and/or 4 and checking that the FX selection lights work properly. If test #3 does not pass then I will have to investigate further.

I think we are very close now. Are there other concerns that you may have?
Image
FigDJ
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 16:03
Location: Odenton, MD


Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby djsamrties on 16 May 2014, 10:45

hello boys !
my english is so poor that i am never sure to well understand so if i say something wrong, or ask a question that you have already answer,
please forgive me !

--- 1.12 / 1.13

For the controler loop, i understand that you cant setup new function before all the main functions are ok. I just say that the best and useful way (it works like this in serato) is :

1/2 = Halves an already active loop AND If a loop is not active it will change the autoloop indication and then you have to activate the loop by pressing autoloop.
SHIFT+ 1/2 = Sets the in point for a manual loop

2x Doubles an already active loop AND If a loop is not active it will change the autoloop indication and then you have to activate the loop by pressing autoloop.
Shift+ 2x = Sets the out point for a manual loop

I hope that what i explain about the best configuration with my very sad english is clear. If you have understand what i say its all i want.
After that I dont know if setup 2 differents functions / conditions for the same button are very difficult or no. Only you can say ! :)

and i know that you are not a professional of mixvibes but xhan i speak about you job, it s just to say that you are quick and powerful as a pro !!! :D

--- 1.2 PREVIOUS TRACK

as i say, this is not a very useful function for me so i dont try to suggest this to mixvibes. But, i think that there is one thing important "missing". It s about samplers that can only work as a separate deck. In serato, you have 4 decks AND banks of samplers with a separate volume and it is more easier and clever to use.
But i imagine that it is a very big changement for mixvibes and so they probably cant work on it. Dont you think ?

--- 1.10

i have tested SYNC on / off but i believe that it doesnt work as you want.
i explain the test that i have done :

Decks 1, 2 and 3 are playing.
DEck 1 = 80 BPM
Deck 2 = 100 BPM
Deck 3 = 120 BPM
Deck 1 is the master.
if i use SYNC for deck 2. Deck 2 change to 80 BPM
And just after that, if i change to have Deck 3 as master,
Deck 2 doesnt change anything and stay at 80 BPM
If i want to SYNC with deck 3, i have to use again the SYNC button of deck 2.

Good for you or not ?

--- 2.9 and 2.10 FX ASSIGN

i just test with mapping V7 A and B but the problem are always the same. i will try to explain hiw it react :

First, for the moment, if i am not on DECK 1 but on DECK 3, it is impossible to change the fx assign. Nothing work :s

And when i am on DECK 1, everything work except one little thing :

If the selected fx assign is the DECK 2 (LED 1 off and LED 2 on) and i use Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + 2.9, then LED 1 BLINK but LED 2 still on.
This is the same thing, with fx assign for DECK 1:
If the selected fx assign is the DECK 1 (LED 1 on and LED 2 off) and i use Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + 2.10, then LED 2 BLINK but LED 1 still on.

but If the selected fx assign is the DECK 1 (LED 1 on and LED 2 already off) and i use Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + 2.9, then LED 1 BLINK and LED 2 still off.

6.11 SLICER

"
Select a loop size
Press Slicer to start slicer mode
Tap the 1st pad. Now the loop is divided in 8 sections that you play independently as the track keep on playing.
"

i test that. it works but what i try to explain is in serato, the 8 sections continue to change while the track is playing. when you choose SLICER, it begins with a first 8 sections of the track, and when this part is done, the 8 sections is refresh.
By the way, i dont use this so, not very important for me.


--- 5.1 ABOUT ROTARY USE...

Here is an image selected in the manual to try to explain what i say.

Capture d’écran 2014-05-16 à 11.13.34.png


So, we have DOCK, TREEVIEW and the BROWSER.

For the moment, BACK button :
in the DOCK : allow to jump from DOCK to TREEVIEW
in the TREEVIEW : allow to jump from TREEVIEW to BROWSER
in the BROWSER : allow to jump from BROWSER to DOCK.

And for the moment ROTARY PUSH :
in the DOCK : do nothing
in the TREEVIEW : Allow to open, for exemple, "playlists menu" but you cant go to the BROWSER when you select a playlist and use ROTARY PUSH.
in the BROWER : on / off prelisten

The best and logical way for me could be to use BACK as a "previous command" and ROTARY PUSH as a "next command" (as in serato). It could be like this :

BACK button :
in the DOCK : do nothing
in the TREEVIEW : allow to jump from TREEVIEW to DOCK
in the BROWSER : allow to jump from BROWSER to TREEVIEW.

ROTARY PUSH :
in the DOCK : allow to jump from the DOCK to the TREEVIEW
in the TREEVIEW : Allow to open, for exemple, "playlists menu" AND then allow to jump from the TREEVIEW to the BROWSER when you select a playlist and use ROTARY PUSH.
in the BROWER : on / off prelisten.

And for close this message.
"And how about SHIFT + ROTARY PUSH to switch between 2 or 4 decks ? is it possible ?"

you say that it could be possible but that we setup that at the end of the map ?

thanks
thanks
thanks !
User avatar
djsamrties
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 19:25


Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby FigDJ on 16 May 2014, 14:45

response

djsamrties wrote:--- 1.12 / 1.13
For the controler loop, i understand that you cant setup new function before all the main functions are ok. I just say that the best and useful way (it works like this in serato) is :

1/2 = Halves an already active loop AND If a loop is not active it will change the autoloop indication and then you have to activate the loop by pressing autoloop.

SHIFT+ 1/2 = Sets the in point for a manual loop

2x Doubles an already active loop AND If a loop is not active it will change the autoloop indication and then you have to activate the loop by pressing autoloop.

Shift+ 2x = Sets the out point for a manual loop

I hope that what i explain about the best configuration with my very sad english is clear. If you have understand what i say its all i want.

After that I dont know if setup 2 differents functions / conditions for the same button are very difficult or no. Only you can say ! :)


I understand what you want perfectly. In that configuration

1/2= Auto loop select decrement
S+ 1/2= Loop in

2x= Auto loop select increment
S+ 2x= Loop out

That is not how the controller is labeled but I will try to post a version with that shortly.

djsamrties wrote:--- 1.2 PREVIOUS TRACK
as i say, this is not a very useful function for me so i dont try to suggest this to mixvibes.

It is your call if you want to make the suggestion to Mixvibes.

djsamrties wrote:But, i think that there is one thing important "missing". It s about samplers that can only work as a separate deck. In serato, you have 4 decks AND banks of samplers with a separate volume and it is more easier and clever to use. But i imagine that it is a very big changement for mixvibes and so they probably cant work on it.
Dont you think ?


As far as the mapping, I can only map what is available in Cross.
I can't make Cross to behave like Serato. If you want those features to be made available in Cross, you should post a suggestion in the forum.

Some time ago I posted a suggestion for banks in the sampler and have not received any feedback about it.

djsamrties wrote:--- 1.10
i have tested SYNC on / off but i believe that it doesnt work as you want.
i explain the test that i have done :

Decks 1, 2 and 3 are playing.
DEck 1 = 80 BPM
Deck 2 = 100 BPM
Deck 3 = 120 BPM
Deck 1 is the master.
if i use SYNC for deck 2. Deck 2 change to 80 BPM
And just after that, if i change to have Deck 3 as master,
Deck 2 doesnt change anything and stay at 80 BPM
If i want to SYNC with deck 3, i have to use again the SYNC button of deck 2.


It is mapped correctly, However, In order for that to work you must go into set up preferences and enable "Sync Link". Once enable and already synced deck will always follow the master even if you change which deck is the master.

djsamrties wrote:--- 2.9 and 2.10 FX ASSIGN

i just test with mapping V7 A and B but the problem are always the same. i will try to explain
hiw it react :

First, for the moment, if i am not on DECK 1 but on DECK 3, it is impossible to change the fx assign. Nothing work :s


I am aware of that let's try to resolve one problem at a time.

test#1= Do the FX Assign LEDs work when deck 1 and 2 are the controlled decks. According to Mike (the other DJ interested) this test passed in V6

Test#2= Do the FX Assign LEDs work when deck 1 and 2 are the controlled decks and the shift key is pressed?
According to Mike (the other DJ interested) this test failed in V6. V7 is an attempt to resolve that.

Test#3= Do the FX Assign LEDs work when deck 3 and 4 are the controlled decks.
There seems to be a problem with this but haven't investigated it yet. Test#2 must pass before I can work on this one

djsamrties wrote:--- 2.9 and 2.10 FX ASSIGN
And when i am on DECK 1, everything work except one little thing :

If the selected fx assign is the DECK 2 (LED 1 off and LED 2 on) and i use Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + 2.9, then LED 1 BLINK but LED 2 still on.
This is the same thing, with fx assign for DECK 1: If the selected fx assign is the DECK 1 (LED 1 on and LED 2 off) and i use Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + 2.10, then LED 2 BLINK but LED 1 still on.

but If the selected fx assign is the DECK 1 (LED 1 on and LED 2 already off) and i use Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + 2.9, then LED 1 BLINK and LED 2 still off.


Some of your words got censored, so I partially got the meaning of what you trying to say. Let also keep in mind that we are assigning an input sourse to an FX unit not not assigning an effect to a deck.

So FX units can only have one source at a time and both effect units can be assigned the same source.

If you want FX1 and FX2 applyed to the same channel, say channel 1 the the #1 LED should be on on the left and right side of the controller.

Let me go over the expected results for the test.

Test#1
FX unit 1 and change source according to the following.

FX1-1 = CH1
S+ FX1-1 = CH3
FX1-2 = CH2
S+ FX1-2 = CH4

Same for FX unit 2

Light should respond as follows:
On the left FX unit 1
1=CH1
LED 1=on LED 2=off
2=CH2
LED 1=off LED 2=on
S+1=CH3
LED 1= blink LED 2=off
S+2=CH4
LED 1= off LED 2=blink

According to Mike this test paased in V6. If it not passing in V7 I need the details as listed above.
Same thing for FX unit 2 on the right.

Test#2
While pressing and holding the shift key. Do the LEDs continue to operate normally? Provided test#1 passed, test#2 should show the LEDs continue to operate with the correct indication. Perhaps
a short blib when 1st pressed will be present and it is normal.

Test#3
Assignment and LEDs should work as test #1 but when deck 3 and for are being controlled. haven't got there yet. If test #1 and #2 pass then please test this one again,

djsamrties wrote:"Select a loop size
Press Slicer to start slicer mode
Tap the 1st pad. Now the loop is divided in 8 sections that you play independently as the track
keep on playing."

i test that. it works but what i try to explain is in serato, the 8 sections continue to change while the track is playing. when you choose SLICER, it begins with a first 8 sections of the track,
and when this part is done, the 8 sections is refresh.
By the way, i dont use this so, not very important for me.


Please check the behavior while in slip mode and also out of slip mode. Right now I can't exactly remember the correct behavior but see if it work better for you. remem the goal is not to work like Serato does.

djsamrties wrote:--- 5.1 ABOUT ROTARY USE...
So, we have DOCK, TREEVIEW and the BROWSER.
For the moment, BACK button :
in the DOCK : allow to jump from DOCK to TREEVIEW
in the TREEVIEW : allow to jump from TREEVIEW to BROWSER
in the BROWSER : allow to jump from BROWSER to DOCK.

And for the moment ROTARY PUSH :
in the DOCK : do nothing
in the TREEVIEW : Allow to open, for exemple, "playlists menu" but you cant go to the BROWSER
when you select a playlist and use ROTARY PUSH.
in the BROWER : on / off prelisten

The best and logical way for me could be to use BACK as a "previous command" and ROTARY PUSH as a "next command" (as in serato). It could be like this :

BACK button :
in the DOCK : do nothing
in the TREEVIEW : allow to jump from TREEVIEW to DOCK
in the BROWSER : allow to jump from BROWSER to TREEVIEW.

ROTARY PUSH :
in the DOCK : allow to jump from the DOCK to the TREEVIEW
in the TREEVIEW : Allow to open, for exemple, "playlists menu" AND then allow to jump from the TREEVIEW to the BROWSER when you select a playlist and use ROTARY PUSH.
in the BROWER : on / off prelisten.


I will check an older version of mapping that perhaps had that. I have mostly stayed with mapping all the features including video but since you don't use video it doesn't matter to you.

Kepp in mind again. We are molding this controller to work with Cross not molding Cross to work like Serato.

djsamrties wrote:And for close this message.
"And how about SHIFT + ROTARY PUSH to switch between 2 or 4 decks ? is it possible ?"
you say that it could be possible but that we setup that at the end of the map ?
[/quote][/quote]

I will try to include that one when I change the loop commands.
Image
FigDJ
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 16:03
Location: Odenton, MD


PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 
   
 
© 2014 Mixvibes