MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby djsamrties on 06 Jun 2014, 12:59

i am working on an image that can be a support to quickly remember all the functions.
and i notice that i dont ask you what is ? :

- Audio Video Fx1 Switch : Select FX1 mode Audio, Video, Audio+ Video

- Bidimensionnal Fx On Off : Toggles bidimentional effect on/off for FX units 1 and 2
djsamrties

Postby FigDJ on 06 Jun 2014, 13:09

djsamrties wrote:i am working on an image that can be a support to quickly remember all the functions.
and i notice that i dont ask you what is ? :

- Audio Video Fx1 Switch : Select FX1 mode Audio, Video, Audio+ Video

- Bidimensionnal Fx On Off : Toggles bidimentional effect on/off for FX units 1 and 2

Yes, while the Audio Video FX Switch does not apply if you are using audio only I thought it unnecessary to remove.
The enabling of bidimentional effect can only be done for both fx units at the same time. This is a Cross limitation.
FigDJ

Postby djsamrties on 06 Jun 2014, 13:25

in the same way, i try to use the function to tap tempo and confirm with Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + CUE. I can define the tempo with Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + CUE but i cant confirm it. I dont know if i do this correctly so maybe Mike DJ can test this ?
djsamrties

Postby FigDJ on 06 Jun 2014, 14:37

djsamrties wrote:in the same way, i try to use the function to tap tempo and confirm with Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + CUE. I can define the tempo with Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it) + CUE but i cant confirm it. I dont know if i do this correctly so maybe Mike DJ can test this ?

There a little delay built into Cross.
When you are using tap tempo, you keep tapping for the beats, once the indication of the beat is correct the switch on the GUI takes couple of seconds to be set for confirmation. Then you press again to confirm. Try it on the GUI using your mouse to get used to the timing then try it with the controller.

As you can see from the Quote above, I did not get the meaning of your post completely.
FigDJ

Postby djsamrties on 06 Jun 2014, 14:38

here is another few little notice...

in the excel file, in mixer sheet, i think that you have forgoten the line about HEADPHONE MIX.

With the button to switch between ch 1/2 or MASTER level, it only work with 1/2 channel. And i think that in an ald version of your map, it was possible to switch and see MASTER level with it.

in the excel file, in mixer sheet, i think that you have forgoten to write FADER CHANNEL just above CUE. and the description for use FADER CHANNEL + SHIFT isnt the good description.

i think that the SHIFT + SLIP doesnt work. it normaly have to load and read the same track that the master isnt it ? if its that, it doesnt work for me.

and to finish, here is the reminder image that i have done to try to use each function. Hope that you will like it :)

ddj sr reminder djsmarties.jpg

and here is an empty version if MIKE DJ want to do the same with video version :)

ddj sr reminder empty.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djsamrties

Postby FigDJ on 06 Jun 2014, 15:15

djsamrties wrote:here is another few little notice...

in the excel file, in mixer sheet, i think that you have forgoten the line about HEADPHONE MIX.

I did not forget. I left that out on purpose because it is a harware button. The settings for that are describe on page 1 of the DDJ-SX pdf file provided by Mixvibes. This file describes the set up and proper position for the GUI and controller buttons which I am pretty sure I mentioned as a caveat for the mapping couple of times.

djsamrties wrote:With the button to switch between ch 1/2 or MASTER level, it only work with 1/2 channel. And i think that in an ald version of your map, it was possible to switch and see MASTER level with it.

I just looked again at the MIDI tables for the controller to verify. Please make sure you are set up correctly. On the DDJ family of controllers Channels 1,2,3,4 control the level meter and they are mapped accordingly. The master level meter is hardware controlled.

djsamrties wrote:in the excel file, in mixer sheet, i think that you have forgoten to write FADER CHANNEL just above CUE. and the description for use FADER CHANNEL + SHIFT isnt the good description.

I didn't think it was necesary to explain the channel fader. For a matter of completness yes it should be there.

Just to make it clear to anyone watching the tread. The xcel file that djsamrties is referring to is just a descriptive file that does not affect the operation of the controller.

djsamrties wrote:i think that the SHIFT + SLIP doesnt work. it normaly have to load and read the same track that the master isnt it ? if its that, it doesnt work for me.

Make sure that you are not usinf version 3.0 of Cross
In 2.6 it worked.
in 3.0 It was broken
In 3.1 it is fixed.

This was one of the bugs that i called out during testing.
FigDJ

Postby djsamrties on 06 Jun 2014, 17:25

djsamrties wrote:Make sure that you are not usinf version 3.0 of Cross

i use 3.0.1 version and it doesnt work.
But i remember to use this function during all the tests that we did...
djsamrties

Postby FigDJ on 06 Jun 2014, 17:40

djsamrties wrote:
djsamrties wrote:Make sure that you are not usinf version 3.0 of Cross

i use 3.0.1 version and it doesnt work.
But i remember to use this function during all the tests that we did...

You mean 3.1 right?
FigDJ

Postby FigDJ on 06 Jun 2014, 18:03

djsamrties

I forgot to explain the Shift+ channel fader.
This is also called fader start.

load a track pause it either at a cue poit or any other point.

turn thr channel fader down to minimum.

If you Press and hold shift + move the channel fader up you will see the track start just abot the mid point of the fader travel.
FigDJ

Postby djsamrties on 10 Jun 2014, 23:00

i have buy Cross DJ in april,
i ask for version 3.1.
I have the answer that 3.0.1 is the 3.1 version but its not very clear.
In fact, when i look in "Cross DJ" and in the "about corss DJ" i can see 3.0.1 in the right corner.
Dont you have the same version ?
djsamrties

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi