MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: MAPPING FOR DDJ SR

Postby FigDJ on 08 May 2014, 13:19

Have you had a chance to set up your controller as described in the files.

I will continue to map what I can without switching MIDI channels but without that I can't map decks 3 and 4 unless I use shift-logic and at this point for the DDJ family of controllers that is not the most efficient way to map it.
FigDJ

Postby djsamrties on 08 May 2014, 13:58

ok i understand.
I'm in hollidays for few days so i dont know when i could do the setup and the test that you want,
but i do this as soon as possible and i send you the results of that.
i come back very soon !
Thanks you.
djsamrties

Postby MikeFossati on 10 May 2014, 21:15

I'm an owner of a DDJ-SR and Cross DJ and will try to help here as much as I can in hope to get a mapping that will support some of the functions currently not working (the one I'm really missing is "CD Mode" of the jog dial, currently only "Vinyl Mode" works).

I'm currently using the DDJ-SX profile, this lets me control all four decks, also the mixer works for all four decks (not surprising to me as the MIDI maps for the DDJ-SX and DDJ-SR appear to be similar except for the functions which are different).

Let me know how I can help with testing :)
MikeFossati

Postby daniel clark on 10 May 2014, 21:58

:cool: :mrgreen: now its becoming a dee jay party :!: :eek: :mrgreen:
:cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby FigDJ on 10 May 2014, 22:06

MikeFossati wrote:I'm an owner of a DDJ-SR and Cross DJ and will try to help here as much as I can in hope to get a mapping that will support some of the functions currently not working (the one I'm really missing is "CD Mode" of the jog dial, currently only "Vinyl Mode" works).

I'm currently using the DDJ-SX profile, this lets me control all four decks, also the mixer works for all four decks (not surprising to me as the MIDI maps for the DDJ-SX and DDJ-SR appear to be similar except for the functions which are different).

Let me know how I can help with testing :)

I know that the map for the DDJ-SX works with the DDJ-SR. I can map all the functions to work with the SR. I have been working with DJsamrties and fiund out that he did not set up his SR controller for it to work with "other than Searto" software. I suspect that one particular fact was preventing his controllers from switching channels.

The one dificulty I have is that I don't own the controller so I do the mapping by actually typing in the code and I can't test it.

So I must rely on someone testing and letting me know the results so I could fixed for the proper behavior and then test again.

I pretty much work on vinyl mode all the time. please tell me the behavior that you expect in "CD mode" and will take a look at the code and see what i can do.

Also let me know about other things you want mapped as in my custom map I was able to map many of the titler functions.
FigDJ

Postby MikeFossati on 10 May 2014, 22:18

FigDJ wrote:I pretty much work on vinyl mode all the time. please tell me the behavior that you expect in "CD mode" and will take a look at the code and see what i can do.

Also let me know about other things you want mapped as in my custom map I was able to map many of the titler functions.

Hi FigDJ

Thanks a lot for doing all the work for use. When vinyl mode is off (what I'm referring to as "CD Mode"), the platter should act as pitch bend (adjustment of the playing speed), e.g. when turning forward it should speed up, when turning backword it should slow down.

Still quite new to the controller world and been using mostly the basic functions (transport controls, mixer) so far but not the digital goodies such as effects, loops etc. I will try to play around with he unit in the next few days to see what is working and what not.

Mike
MikeFossati

Postby FigDJ on 11 May 2014, 17:41

DDJSR_C_31_RV2.zip
Guys

Play with this file and please let me know how it goes.

There are many additional functions. I will put out a list later.

Shift + out wheel (not touching top) = Smartseek for you to scroll within a track very fast.

Haven't got to the beat LEDs yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FigDJ

Postby MikeFossati on 11 May 2014, 23:08

FigDJ wrote:
DDJSR_C_31_RV2.zip
Guys

Shift + out wheel (not touching top) = Smartseek for you to scroll within a track very fast.

Thanks a lot, playing around as we sepak. The smartseek is too sensitive, the track jumps right to the end even when moving the wheel only a very little. Also it only works forward, but not backward.

Not sure what you mean with "beat LEDs" - are these leds for the various mixer controls?

I see you mapped the sync function, seems to work perfect - thanks a lot.

Mike
MikeFossati

Postby FigDJ on 12 May 2014, 00:07

MikeFossati wrote:
FigDJ wrote:
DDJSR_C_31_RV2.zip
Guys

Thanks a lot, playing around as we sepak. The smartseek is too sensitive, the track jumps right to the end even when moving the wheel only a very little. Also it only works forward, but not backward.

Not sure what you mean with "beat LEDs" - are these leds for the various mixer controls?

I see you mapped the sync function, seems to work perfect - thanks a lot.

Mike

That is funny because the jog wheel configuration of the DDJ-SX and the SR are exactly the same. Do you have a physical knob for jog wheel sensitivity?

Could you check if the pitch bend is now working?

The beat LEDs are the ones that indicate loop size, I have not look at that section yet. If you have full Cross or CrossDJ with video take a look at some of the video fucntions using the FX sections on the controller.
FigDJ

Postby FigDJ on 12 May 2014, 19:41

OK Guys here is the latest version and I think this one is very complete.

I played around with the JOG WHEEL smartseek and I think is OK now. You may have to twek it for your setup.

All FX assign buttons and LED are correct. I also added the beat LEDs.

As with everything with a controller that I don't have I can't tested. This means that I wrote the code by hand and something may have slipped.

please test and let me know so we can fix it together.

Remember that you must set up your DDJ-SR as directed in page 26 of the manual to work with other than Serato software.
Also follow the recomended settings for the DDJ-SX in the compatible controllers listing provided by Mixvibes. Both links are are posted in this thread.

2 files included
The map itself and a listing of all mapped commands by button name.
DDJ-SR List of mapped MIDI commands.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FigDJ

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi