MIDI Mapping for the Torq Xponent

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: MIDI Mapping for the Torq Xponent

Postby Diskized on 19 Apr 2014, 19:56

Thanks FigDJ for helping out so much! I will go and check out the other mapping and wait for your updated one. Thanks again soooo much.
Diskized

Postby Diskized on 22 Apr 2014, 16:41

So a quick update on the MIDI mapping. I was able to go to the forum post by MixMeister and download the Xponent MIDI mapping (thank you FigDJ). I have since tried the mapping and it works just fine with Cross 3.1 :). Ill probably do a lil customizing but so far so good. One question I do have is that on the Xponent platers (or turntable decks) the top of the plater is its own MIDI note/channel while the side of the plater is also its own MIDI note/channel. I want to know how can I map the side of the plater to "nudge" a track instead of "scratching" it. Thanks!
Diskized

Postby FigDJ on 22 Apr 2014, 17:27

Diskized wrote:So a quick update on the MIDI mapping. I was able to go to the forum post by MixMeister and download the Xponent MIDI mapping (thank you FigDJ). I have since tried the mapping and it works just fine with Cross 3.1 :). Ill probably do a lil customizing but so far so good. One question I do have is that on the Xponent platers (or turntable decks) the top of the plater is its own MIDI note/channel while the side of the plater is also its own MIDI note/channel. I want to know how can I map the side of the plater to "nudge" a track instead of "scratching" it. Thanks!

Example: This is the code however you can use the MIDI lear to do it and modify the parameters

Notes: parameter and channel are different for the Xponent

Code: Select all
        <mapping name="LS JOG WHEEL">
          <events>
            <MIDI type="Note" parameter="0x16" channel="0x1"/>
            <MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x16" channel="0x1"/>
          </events>
          <controls>
            <control alias="fam(Player)[0x1].ComboJog"/>
          </controls>
          <preset name="Touch">
            <parameters>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Backward Tick Increment Range" value="-1 -64"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Backward Value Range" value="63 0"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Built-in Period" value="0"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Forward Tick Increment Range" value="1 63"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Forward Value Range" value="65 127"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Has Null Value" value="off"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Move till Stop" value="on"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Ms Per Turn" value="1800"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Sensitivity" value="1"/>
              <parameter object="jog" key="Ticks Per Turn" value="800"/>
              <parameter object="stop timer" key="Repeat Time" value="20"/>
            </parameters>
          </preset>
        </mapping>

The following allows you smartseek using the shift +Jog when you have scroll tru a track quickly
        <mapping name="LS S+JOG WHEEL">
          <events>
            <MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x16" channel="0x4"/>
          </events>
          <controls>
            <control alias="fam(Player)[0x1].SmartSeek"/>
          </controls>
          <preset name="Inc.-Dec. Integer Fader/Knob">
            <parameters>
              <parameter object="map" key="backwardIntegerRange" value="-1 -64"/>
              <parameter object="map" key="backwardNormalRange" value="0.496062992 0"/>
              <parameter object="map" key="forwardIntegerRange" value="1 63"/>
              <parameter object="map" key="forwardNormalRange" value="0.511811024 1"/>
            </parameters>
          </preset>
        </mapping>

This is the map for pitchbend
        <mapping name="LS PITCH WHEEL">
          <events>
            <MIDI type="CC" parameter="0x17" channel="0x1"/>
          </events>
          <controls>
            <control alias="fam(Player)[0x1].PitchBend"/>
          </controls>
          <preset name="Pitch Wheel">
            <parameters>
              <parameter object="factor" key="factor" value="1"/>
              <parameter object="map" key="negativeNormalRange" value="0 0.5"/>
              <parameter object="map" key="positiveNormalRange" value="0.51 1"/>
              <parameter object="timeout" key="Repeat Time" value="100"/>
            </parameters>
          </preset>
        </mapping>

So as you can see parameter 16 and 17 are the jog. In your case the paramer and the channels are different but MIDI learn will set those automaticaly. Study the parameters and then modify the basic maping to the way you like it. This should give you a good start.
FigDJ

Postby Diskized on 22 Apr 2014, 18:44

This might be a dumb question, but where can I put that code to make it work? I assume i would first need to dump it into a notepad to edit and then save it somewhere in the MixVibes folder. Also, is it even possible to "move" the song instead of "scratching" it? And I dont mean using CD instead of Vinyl control but just being able to line up the songs while they are playing. I can do this in Torq DJ so that is why I am asking.
Diskized

Postby FigDJ on 22 Apr 2014, 19:05

Diskized wrote:This might be a dumb question, but where can I put that code to make it work? I assume i would first need to dump it into a notepad to edit and then save it somewhere in the MixVibes folder. Also, is it even possible to "move" the song instead of "scratching" it? And I dont mean using CD instead of Vinyl control but just being able to line up the songs while they are playing. I can do this in Torq DJ so that is why I am asking.

Make a copy of your map by using Cross MIDI utility.
(that will be the x2 at the bottom)
edit the comments to something that you will recognize right away. (that will be the i at the bottom once you created the copy)

I don't know in Mac but in PC

User-->your account name--> appdata---->roaming---> Mixvibes-->
controllers--->MIDI

I am tryring to recall because I am not in front of my computer so just explore a little bit. Anyway in that folder you will see files that lok somewhat like this 923475572.mapping

You can open and edit using notepad, just make sure you save in UTF-8 format. Look at that code, examine it carefully, It will tell you every you need to know about mapping.

As far as lining up a song.
I use to do it in Torq and now do it in Cross, You must choose the right map for your wheels. The Xponent jogwheel is very similar to that of the Mixvibes UMCP-2 in fuctionality. The mapping I provided for the jogwheel should get you in the right patch for that.
FigDJ

Previous

Return to Mapping Midi