VMS4 MIDI mapping jogwheels solution?

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

VMS4 MIDI mapping jogwheels solution?

Postby revolucion on 25 Mar 2014, 21:13

Hi Techsupport, i bought Cross 3.0 because i need to use it with my vms4(i read first if you support the device) but really doesn´t work the wheels. you have a solution? or MIDI map that fix this. i don´t have this issues with traktor. i read other posts and you explain the trouble with the MIDI signal(i don´t need excuses, i be grateful with a solution :D ) the program crashes when i open certain folders too. a bit dissapointed with this.
thanks and great day
revolucion

Re: VMS4 MIDI mapping jogwheels solution?

Postby revolucion on 02 Apr 2014, 09:21

Big mistake buying your product i see. no feedback or solutions. no answers, nothing. people keep out with this problems and solutions. i´m dissapointed with this.
revolucion

Postby RoJeC on 02 Apr 2014, 10:53

Sorry for not receiving a reply. The forum has just been upgraded and apparently not all topics showed back in the expected way.

Did you select the VMS4 in Preferences | MIDI?
If you did and still have a problem:
Basically all MIDI devices are supported by Cross. As long as the signals are within the defined MIDI standards Cross will catch it.

If a certain device is not working it could be that the manufacturer made some changes. E.g. in the driver. Many devices are supported by a mapping. Sometimes the mapping does not match no more for this reason.

Cross has build in support for creating and modifying MIDI mappings. You can do this by going into Preferences | MIDI. Make a copy of the closest related (or same) mapping by selecting and pressing x2.
Goto the function that does not work properly. Click on the button and then while in the settings screen use the controller button/jog/knob. In many cases this is it. If you want to edit further, just do that.
The new file is located in your personal folder. You can copy this file to other PC's if you want to. It will be detected every time Cross is started.

Not all pre-mapped controllers are at hand for the team; for this it sometimes takes a little more time to adjust mappings.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby versatilebeats on 20 Apr 2014, 15:55

Which firmware are you currently using for the vms4? American audio released specific firmware for Cross. I'll check which firmware mine is running and the jogs work on. And let you know
versatilebeats

Return to Mapping Midi