U-Mix Control Pro - 4 PLAYERS OUTPUT MAP

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

U-Mix Control Pro - 4 PLAYERS OUTPUT MAP

Postby dvvvayne on 19 May 2013, 13:58

I want to make U-Mix Control Pro 4 players mapping for Cross 2.4 and i know i must map shift toggle button and map another time 3&4 players. My question is is it possible and if yes how to map output MIDI (lights) which changes from 1&2 players to 3&4 when shift button was pressed?
dvvvayne

Re: U-Mix Control Pro - 4 PLAYERS OUTPUT MAP

Postby Jim B on 19 May 2013, 14:30

I believe there is a user ( FigDJ I think) who is working on a 4 deck map for the original U-Mix Control Pro.

Take a look at this thread (2nd page)

viewtopic.php?f=358&t=27658
Jim B

Postby FigDJ on 19 May 2013, 18:46

dvvvayne wrote:I want to make U-Mix Control Pro 4 players mapping for Cross 2.4 and i know i must map shift toggle button and map another time 3&4 players. My question is is it possible and if yes how to map output MIDI (lights) which changes from 1&2 players to 3&4 when shift button was pressed?

dvvvayne

I posted 2 mappings

Controlling 4 decks with U-Mix Control Pro 1 is in General Chat

and

Controlling 4 deck with U-Mix Control Pro 2 is in Cross PC/MAC

Hope one of this is useful to you and if you need some changes to better suit your workflow let me know and I 'll see what I can do.
If you download and like it send some feedback to let me know how it works for you and perhaps some Karma would be nice.
FigDJ

Postby dvvvayne on 19 May 2013, 22:51

Mapping is good, but i see some bugs in output mapping. Lights don't turn off instantly after changing decks and also there are glitches with lighting of cue buttons. Is it possible to make it fully correctly?
Anyway thanks, good work :)
dvvvayne

Postby FigDJ on 20 May 2013, 01:43

dvvvayne wrote:Mapping is good, but i see some bugs in output mapping. Lights don't turn off instantly after changing decks and also there are glitches with lighting of cue buttons. Is it possible to make it fully correctly?
Anyway thanks, good work :)

The lights changing deck are set blink at a 500ms on and 500ms off. They appear not to be instant, I can change the rate to 250ms and that should remedy the visual effect

The lights on the cue buttons is not a bug.
Under normal operation the cue for deck A will blink at a 500ms rate. I could had made the cue lights for deck C at the same rate but if I did that then you wouldn't know for which deck is the light blinking.

So for this map I kept all the lights for decks A and B at 500ms (this is the normal rate). For decks C and D the rate is 250ms.

Under these setting if you have the cue for deck A light will blink at 500ms.If it is on for deck C it will blink at 250ms. If cue is set to blink for both decks A and C at the same time the blinking will appear erratic but that is done on purpose to remind you that it is set for both decks.

This is not a bug is a preference, please let me know what would be your preference and I see what I can do.
FigDJ

Postby dvvvayne on 22 May 2013, 23:18

I had on my mind hot cue buttons (1,2,3 and select), if i have e.g. 1 and 2 cues set on deck A and i change deck to C i can still see that cues are set but they are only on deck a. I must set it one more time but on deck C and delete on deck to stop lighting those buttons.
dvvvayne

Postby FigDJ on 23 May 2013, 17:47

dvvvayne wrote:I had on my mind hot cue buttons (1,2,3 and select), if i have e.g. 1 and 2 cues set on deck A and i change deck to C i can still see that cues are set but they are only on deck a. I must set it one more time but on deck C and delete on deck to stop lighting those buttons.

What you are describing is a combined limitation from the controller and the software.

If you had deck C loaded, the hot cue lights indication is correct for deck C then you load Deck A and the hot cue lights will change to reflect the hot cue state on deck A.
After that if you change back to deck C the hot cue lights will not update unless you reload the deck.

There are two reasons for this behavior

The U-Mix Control Pro 2 or 1 do not provide for addiditional LEDs that can be used to indicate the state of multiple decks.

The other thing is that even if there are no additional LEDs the mapping software does not provide for reset and rescan of a deck state, conditional output mapping mor nested loops.

Conditional output mapping or nested MIDI loop would allow for the correct behavior but with the information I have I don't know if it is even possible to implement.

In my map the condition ML1 turn on control for deck C. If conditional mapping was possible then out would do something like

in layman terms

if ML1 is true
Then
Turn off all lights for deck A
Scan state for deck C
Turn on/off lights for deck C
else
Scan state for deck A
Turn on/off lights for deck A
endif

From what I have been able to see those type of commands are not available in output mapping.

Perhaps a developer can shime in on how to handle a deck change and still have all the indicator light up correctly for the correct deck.

I will investigate a little more to see if it might work with a nested loop. I can also turn off all the lights everytime you change deck but I don't kniw if they will retain state or change with subsequesnt controller actions. I have to chek on that.
Last edited by FigDJ on 23 May 2013, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
FigDJ

Postby sylMV on 23 May 2013, 18:23

Modifiers conditions in output mappings will be added in the next update. Not possible so far.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby FigDJ on 23 May 2013, 19:09

sylMV wrote:Modifiers conditions in output mappings will be added in the next update. Not possible so far.

Thanks for the response. This actually answers the question and at the same time gets me a little excited about the new posibilities coming down the pipe. Thanks
FigDJ

Return to Mapping Midi