MIDI Mapping for the Ns6

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: MIDI Mapping for the Ns6

Postby acemc on 02 Apr 2013, 16:41

I guess you're talking abut auto loops

Yes, auto loops in "slip" mode. The iPad version allows you to simply hold the loop, it turns off the moment you let go of the button.
A solution would be to have a standard set of options for all buttons.
Have no problem with this...
Map the modifier as HOLD.
Open the mapping window for the command you want to map.
Push the corresponding button while holding the modifier and you're done. Can't be more simple...
It doesn't work like that if you're mapping anything in the "application" section - hence why I posted that - so no, not so simple.
What would you need this for?

I change "layers" on my controller to control the samplers. When I do this I need to show the samplers on-screen. I also need the light on my controller to change from deck 1 to deck 3, so that I know what I'm actually controlling.
This was useless...

There is absolutely nothing useless about expressing your feelings.... Whether it be through music or typing it out on screen, your feelings are the biggest part of your life and defines who you are & how you behave. Sorry for yelling, it's how I was feeling at the time, I had no idea expressing myself would be an issue.
Without the 2.4 it will be useless

Aah, ok I wasn't aware of that. Bummer.
MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
acemc

Postby sylMV on 02 Apr 2013, 16:48

acemc wrote:It doesn't work like that if you're mapping anything in the "application" section - hence why I posted that - so no, not so simple.

Ok, the "application" keyword was missing in your description ;)
Indeed, that doesn't in this section and will be fixed. Thanx for spotting this!
In the future, if ever you found other bugs, try to be as much precise as possible! Thanx again.

EDIT: Seems I was mistaken, it's working as I wrote first. Could you please try again?
SylMV

sylMV

Postby acemc on 02 Apr 2013, 17:01

No trying to argue but....
within the "application" part of the mappings

Is what I originally posted, perhaps you missed it.
MEMBER OF:
acemc

Postby sylMV on 02 Apr 2013, 17:07

acemc wrote:No trying to argue but....
within the "application" part of the mappings

Is what I originally posted, perhaps you missed it.

I read too fast, and didn't see the quotes around Application, thought you were talking of the application... my bad :confused:

However, something strange is happening, it works sometimes, but not always... i'm investigating.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby acemc on 02 Apr 2013, 17:40

I read too fast, and didn't see the quotes

No problem ;) Cross is an awsome application, that rocks the socks off the likes of Traktor & Serato. Slowly & steadily it's just gonna get bigger, better & stronger! Thanks for your help. Keep up all the good work!
MEMBER OF:
acemc

Postby sylMV on 02 Apr 2013, 17:47

Thnx ;)

FYI, about the hold modifier, if you push and hold it before opening the mapping pop-up (+), it works.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby sylMV on 02 Apr 2013, 18:58

Alright, got it fixed, available in Cross 2.4.0 final release I guess (not the RC).
SylMV

sylMV

Postby BennyB on 07 Apr 2013, 10:26

ACEMC!

I could map the loops.

The command you seek is AutoLoopSelectTrigger.

I made a list of values that designate different loop-lenghts.

I use this feature on my Akai MPK Mini in slip mode. I just keep holding a button and it keeps doing the loop untill release.

I made a post about it, but can't find It yet. I'll make an update if I find it.

EDIT: Found it!

So find AutoLoop Select and Trigger. Than Choose the "Direct Integer Button" for it. The value each loop key has to activate is listed here:

1 - 1/32 beat
2 - 1/16 beat
3 - 1/8 beat
4 - 1/4 beat
5 - 1/2
6 - 1 beat
7 - 2 beats
8 - 4 beats
9 - 8 beats
10 - 16 beats
11 - 32 beats
12 - 1/3 beats
13 - 3/4 beats

So with this, in slip mode, just keep holding the button and if you release it the loop will stop and the track will go on as it would in slip mode. (The effect is very similar to Cross's in-built Roll effect, but much better :P).

BTW there is a bug in the use of this thing: If you hold a loop, and while holding a loop you press an another auto-loop trigger button to make a longer or shorter loop, the loop won't turn of after you release the button. This is a bug, but can be overcome. Just keep in mind that you have to release a button before pressing the other.
I practiced it so it is easy.
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby Support@MixVibes on 08 Apr 2013, 10:42

Yes but if it is a Direct Integer Button you'll need to push it for ON and again for OFF (the issue of ACEMC).
Otherwise in Direct Integer Trigger you'll need to stay with the button pressed, so it is ok for LoopRoll (slip) but not in AutoLoop mode.

This is where we would need a conditionnal feature : if slip then trigger else button
Support@MixVibes

Postby acemc on 08 Apr 2013, 13:50

DzoniB - You are the man!!!
Thank you - Big time! :biggrin: :biggrin:
This is exactly what I've been trying to accomplish. I'm gonna try this out & let you know how it works for me.
Support@MixVibes wrote:Direct Integer Button you'll need to push it for ON and again for OFF (the issue of ACEMC).
Otherwise in Direct Integer Trigger you'll need to stay with the button pressed, so it is ok for LoopRoll (slip) but not in AutoLoop mode.
This is ok for me, because I'm only using smaller loops in slip mode that I wouldn't normally use in a "toggle" or normal auto-loop way. Thanks for all the help guys.
EDIT - Just tested it - Works like a charm!! :D
Thanks again.
MEMBER OF:
acemc

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi