MIDI Mapping for the Ns6

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: MIDI Mapping for the Ns6

Postby djsteadson on 16 Mar 2013, 00:07

Hey acemc please don't forget to put up a link for that Ns6 mapping when you guys are finish. :mrgreen:
djsteadson

Postby acemc on 16 Mar 2013, 02:47

Because you have an Appstore version.

Huh?? - Is there a difference?
Download the forum version.

I guess there must be. That's a classic example of murphy's law. Find the solution after you gone & changed everything!! Will I have to rescan all my tunes again if I put my "home" folder back to where it was?
The only thing I need to know is what is note and what is CC on this thing.
As far as I know it's all "CC"
MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
acemc

Postby BennyB on 16 Mar 2013, 04:26

It's all CC?

Messege for Numark:
,,|,,_ ,,|,,
__\ :evil: /

BTW I just installed a fresh Win7 on my SSD, and will take a while to get comfortable again :)
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby sylMV on 16 Mar 2013, 17:30

acemc wrote:
Because you have an Appstore version.

Huh?? - Is there a difference?

Yes, Apple are persuaded to know what the user does want or not.
In this case, they "know" the user wants to prevent his apps to access his whole disk drive, except from the home folder...
Then, AppStore version has this limitation, till now, but a workaround is being investigated ...
For now, using the forum version will give you access to all your files. Because MixVibes knows the user want to have access to all his files ;-)

acemc wrote:
Download the forum version.

I guess there must be. That's a classic example of murphy's law. Find the solution after you gone & changed everything!! Will I have to rescan all my tunes again if I put my "home" folder back to where it was?

If you move it back, relocating them should do the trick without rescanning everything (look at the missing track resolver in the File menu).
SylMV

sylMV

Postby acemc on 18 Mar 2013, 12:34

@ DzsoniB <<- Is there anyway to use an equation for a "value".
Eg: value "%/10". Basically for some of the NS6 led's (fx parameters is one) the value (velocity) of the cc is 1 to 11 (11 led's) which means that when we turn the amount of the fx by 1% the first led lights up. When we are at 11% all the led's are lit, so we have to somehow divide the percentage by 10 or 11 to get the led's to reflect the actual amount of the adjustment made. I believe this we be the same for the strip search & jog wheels led's.
MEMBER OF:
acemc

Postby Support@MixVibes on 18 Mar 2013, 12:49

No there isn't, actually the NS6 have some special behavior.

The state request need some Sysex messages but I don't know if it will send back MIDI notes/cc or an other sysex for initialization.

Some leds needs the controler to be in test mode to have full control, if not there are some behavior handled/forced by the firmware.

I have finish the mapping (will be in check this week), but I think that an other angle would have been to force the controler into test mode from start with a sysex message (sending the startup message) and from there it would have been easier to have access to everything.

Cross doesn't handle sysex atm but could at least send messages, sequences : will see with the dev.
Support@MixVibes

Postby BennyB on 18 Mar 2013, 12:56

Support@MixVibes wrote:No there isn't, actually the NS6 have some special behavior.

The state request need some Sysex messages but I don't know if it will send back MIDI notes/cc or an other sysex for initialization.

Some leds needs the controler to be in test mode to have full control, if not there are some behavior handled/forced by the firmware.

I have finish the mapping (will be in check this week), but I think that an other angle would have been to force the controler into test mode from start with a sysex message (sending the startup message) and from there it would have been easier to have access to everything.

Cross doesn't handle sysex atm but could at least send messages, sequences : will see with the dev.

Agreed. LED control is controller based. The firmware of the controller defines this. I had the same problems with my Reloop CONTOUR, and most of them were fixed with a firmware update.
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby Support@MixVibes on 18 Mar 2013, 19:03

acemc wrote:to get the led's to reflect the actual amount of the adjustment made. I believe this we be the same for the strip search & jog wheels led's.

We did a work around into the 2.4, it will be possible. I have already included it into the upcoming mapping for the NS6 for NeedleSearch and Fx Ring.
Support@MixVibes

Postby acemc on 18 Mar 2013, 19:49

We did a work around into the 2.4, it will be possible. I have already included it into the upcoming mapping for the NS6 for NeedleSearch and Fx Ring.
That's great news!! I did a bit of digging around & found a NS6 XML file in a Torq folder. I decided to open it and..... low & behold there are some sysex messages in it. One for "initialize" & one for "release" would this help in any way? I don't know how but, maybe one of you "guru's" know how to use it. I found this in a "device info" folder which is full of loads of other controllers too - I'm sure this could help in some way, with mapping other controllers. Let me know. ;)
NumarkNS6DeviceInfo.xml
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MEMBER OF:
acemc

Postby acemc on 28 Mar 2013, 12:17

I have finish the mapping (will be in check this week)

Any good news for us on this mapping yet? I'm real curious to see the workaround. ;)
MEMBER OF:
acemc

PreviousNext

Return to Mapping Midi