MIDI Mapping for the Ns6

Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: MIDI Mapping for the Ns6

Postby antix on 23 May 2013, 18:58

Support@MixVibes wrote:Test it and you will tell us...

Just given the NS6 mapping a first test drive on my 4trak on Cross 2.4. I bypassed the effects bar that comes with the 4trak for simplicity and plugged straight in to the main controller. Initial functionality looks good. Most of the basic controls work. I love the fact you got the strip search to work. I had full control of and ran 4 decks as a test (basic functions). I will look at again and make some notes to give you full feedback over the weekend. But I have to say it's looking very good.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'll post when I've done a bit more.
antix

Postby Support@MixVibes on 24 May 2013, 11:33

Let's us know... :cool:
Support@MixVibes

Postby acemc on 08 Jun 2013, 13:46

Hi DJ_ALEXANDER.
Sorry Im only responding now, I haven't been on the forum for a while. It looks like you have found the mapping for the NS6, but just in case, here it is again.
Ace's NS6(Numark).zip

This mapping has 4-deck functionality, but doesn't have any sampler control included, as I never use that.
Just a few things about this mapping: I recommend using all 4 decks with autoloop mode enabled (press "mode": led must be red) to ensure proper functionality. Although I have tried my best to duplicate every mapped button in manual loop mode, there's a chance that I missed one or two. To see Decks C&D on-screen, use the "view" button. Obviously C&D Deck control is activated by using NS6 "layer" buttons. View + Shift gives full-browser toggle. I have also mapped the strip search leds to channel vu meters (strip search still functions the same). Slip Mode is turned on/off with the "skip" button. Holding Shift + Autoloop 1/2/4/8 in Slip Mode gives loop roll (pretty cool). Reverse/Bleep is a "holder" button (bleep function only in slip mode). Use the FWD & BACK buttons for browsing crates/tracks etc... I tried my very best to get some sort of rotational led feedback for the jogs, but to no avail :( But i was able to map some static led feedback for jog touch which is better than nothing I guess. Everything else is pretty much standard. One last thing, please remember to move all the mixer slides to max & back to 0 again once CrossDj has been started. CrossDj doesn't support sysex messages, so cant map a init fader request (yet???). I hope this map works for you & any others looking for a NS6 mapping.
Regards AceMc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
acemc

Postby ojgbagg27 on 07 Nov 2013, 06:36

I am currently using the n4 mapping which is the same as the ns6 except for the FX, I would like to obtain the correct mapping for the ns6 my self I am currently running SDJ but getting Anoid about it's behavior. I tried CrossDj and lik :cool: e what I see
ojgbagg27

Postby djdsay on 20 Feb 2014, 23:12

acemc wrote:Hi DJ_ALEXANDER.
Sorry Im only responding now, I haven't been on the forum for a while. It looks like you have found the mapping for the NS6, but just in case, here it is again.
Ace's NS6(Numark).zip

This mapping has 4-deck functionality, but doesn't have any sampler control included, as I never use that.
Just a few things about this mapping: I recommend using all 4 decks with autoloop mode enabled (press "mode": led must be red) to ensure proper functionality. Although I have tried my best to duplicate every mapped button in manual loop mode, there's a chance that I missed one or two. To see Decks C&D on-screen, use the "view" button. Obviously C&D Deck control is activated by using NS6 "layer" buttons. View + Shift gives full-browser toggle. I have also mapped the strip search leds to channel vu meters (strip search still functions the same). Slip Mode is turned on/off with the "skip" button. Holding Shift + Autoloop 1/2/4/8 in Slip Mode gives loop roll (pretty cool). Reverse/Bleep is a "holder" button (bleep function only in slip mode). Use the FWD & BACK buttons for browsing crates/tracks etc... I tried my very best to get some sort of rotational led feedback for the jogs, but to no avail :( But i was able to map some static led feedback for jog touch which is better than nothing I guess. Everything else is pretty much standard. One last thing, please remember to move all the mixer slides to max & back to 0 again once Cross DJ has been started. Cross DJ doesn't support sysex messages, so cant map a init fader request (yet???). I hope this map works for you & any others looking for a NS6 mapping.
Regards AceMc.

I am not able to install the file. I can't get the zipped file to expand. Is there a trick to it?
djdsay

Postby ojgbagg27 on 29 Mar 2014, 09:21

hi mixvibes team when will there be a MIDI file for the NS6 and not the 4trac to support all the NS6 USER using this latest mixvibes DJ software it would be nice to be able to have the DJ software take full control on the NS6.if I use the 4trac MIDI some function on my NS6 stays lite up an no function from it
ojgbagg27

Postby catgoat on 02 Aug 2016, 21:52

Support@MixVibes wrote:It's coming.

Is this going to happen ever? Hardware page still does not List ns6.
catgoat

Previous

Return to Mapping Midi