Cue List, Side List, Autoplay List. Whatever you call it..

Mixvibes iOS / Android apps for smartphones and tablets: CrossDJ / CrossDJ Remote
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cue List, Side List, Autoplay List. Whatever you call it..

Postby Brian Bingham on 12 Oct 2016, 03:45

The lack of a specific cue list for automix is a bit of a bummer and would be a nice addition to really round out the software. I have a lot of songs and a lot of playlsits. It would be nice to be able to drop songs on some sort of short list to be able to either automix them or just organize them and have them disappear when I load them to a deck.
Brian Bingham

Re: Cue List, Side List, Autoplay List. Whatever you call it

Postby RoJeC on 12 Oct 2016, 09:01

You can do this.
Create a playlist 'autoplay' or whatever.
Use this for automix feature.
Go to any playlist click at right (dotted menu) select add to playlist. Select your autoplay playlist.

To change order go to autoplay list, click dotted menu at right top and select Edit.

Automatic remove isn't present however you can do this by using dotted menu at right of each track.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Re: Cue List, Side List, Autoplay List. Whatever you call it

Postby Brian Bingham on 12 Oct 2016, 19:18

It's not that the feature (autoplay) isn't there. It's that it suffers from poor implementation for the mobile DJ. I purchased both the tablet version of Cross and the PC version to test out for my company as I want to move away from VDJ7. It's seems as tho both programs suffer the same issue of poor implementation of autoplay.

The PC version has had a forum thread going for years asking to improve autoplay and make it more usable for the mobile DJ. I'm guessing since this request hasn't been addressed in years it is not a priority for developers. So far I love the software but a good implementation of autoplay is make or break for my company. Not because we like to slack at DJing. But because we do background music, break music for bands and we interact on the dance floor. So we tend to turn automix on and off multiple times throughout the night. I don't want to have to worry about manually deleting songs off a list. Or turning automix on and having it play a song I've already played because I forgot to delete it.

As for now it looks like I'll move on and test out some other alternatives but I'll probably check back in a year or so to see if things get improved upon.
Brian Bingham

Return to Android/iOS Suggestions